The Official BigFooty Boston Celtics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope we land boogie as rumoured. He’s the easily the best value 4/5 on market & gives us that extra power in the paint we’re after. His ceiling could be anything if he stays focused & fit.

Shifts Kanter to the bench to give us more depth.

Hope we land boogie as rumoured. He’s the easily the best value 4/5 on market & gives us that extra power in the paint we’re after. His ceiling could be anything if he stays focused & fit.

No chance. Ainge obviously just doesn't like the guy.

Wouldn't take the chance on his defense.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need a better starting C other than that it's not to bad.
Wouldn't leave tatum at the 4 though for the season as he is undersize and doesn't rebound as much.

Rebounding has been something of an Achilles heel for the Celtics: Kanter gives us that in spades. In a strange sense of the manner, I don't mind the signing and personally, I would have gambled on Cousins but if Ainge and Stevens want good boys playing for the C's, so be it. Sure, we're aware Kanter has some defensive deficiencies but Brown and Smart rotating over to force doubles can help make up on that end. Also, I prefer our front court patrolling the paint and I'm intrigued by Grant Williams who, the more I read about, seems to become more impressive by the day (geez it would be nice if he was another inch taller). I'm high on Robert Williams and believe, at some point, like the Knicks did with Robinson, you have to thrust him into the spotlight and see what he's got.

Rebounding has been something of an Achilles heel for the Celtics: Kanter gives us that in spades. In a strange sense of the manner, I don't mind the signing and personally, I would have gambled on Cousins but if Ainge and Stevens want good boys playing for the C's, so be it. Sure, we're aware Kanter has some defensive deficiencies but Brown and Smart rotating over to force doubles can help make up on that end. Also, I prefer our front court patrolling the paint and I'm intrigued by Grant Williams who, the more I read about, seems to become more impressive by the day (geez it would be nice if he was another inch taller). I'm high on Robert Williams and believe, at some point, like the Knicks did with Robinson, you have to thrust him into the spotlight and see what he's got.
That's where I prefer someone like steven Adams. Brings all of that and more.

Really would of liked Ed Davis but I’m still happy with Kanter. Danny isn’t done making moves though

Desperately need a defensive big and a veteran leader, not sure what’s out there, maybe Tyson Chandler for the minimum

Bigs rotation of Kanter, Theis, Williams won’t be sustainable
Pau gasol even?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back