Toast Jack Silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s on fire, in the dying minutes yesterday I thought get it to jack he’ll make something happen

Also why would we want him to go to essendon or st Kilda ?

Surely he will stay put. So much history, just beginning to establish his spot in the starting 22. Obviously Teague has great faith in him. Is Carlton through and through. 250+ player for sure. Just a question though, how come there isn't as much press about Ben as there was about a younger Jack?

Surely he will stay put. So much history, just beginning to establish his spot in the starting 22. Obviously Teague has great faith in him. Is Carlton through and through. 250+ player for sure. Just a question though, how come there isn't as much press about Ben as there was about a younger Jack?
Middle child... if you don't factor in SOS and Jo's daughter... :p:p

Has anyone heard that he wants out of Carlton to another club, because another Carlton supporter I know keeps saying that he does?!?! I could not see our club letting a Silvagni(Carlton royalty) play elsewhere myself..........just wondering if he was pi**ed off with not being played by Bolton earlier in the year, or the pressure of having his old man at the club.........hope not!!! I think that he has improved heaps lately and perhaps it is due to his body shape improving, in that he looks a lot more athletic now or maybe he is just working a bit harder.........whatever it is, just make sure that he stays and stays happy blues!!!;)
Some clown in the media suggested he might be better off at onother club a couple of months ago..

Clown....

Some clown in the media suggested he might be better off at onother club a couple of months ago..

Clown....
Yeah I believe Gary Lyon was the one to suggest it DD. It was when he was in the twos, but I believe they sent him there to build some flaws in his game and get confidence back. My only surprise from match committee was dropping him after Brisbane game. Although his stats weren’t great in that game - I think he did some really inspiring things to get us going when nothing was working in that game.
He will stay at Blues and I think if those media morons looked at the fact he is still only 21 and came in underdeveloped physically, maybe they would realise CFC’s patience. And already has 55 games under his belt.

Yeah I believe Gary Lyon was the one to suggest it DD. It was when he was in the twos, but I believe they sent him there to build some flaws in his game and get confidence back. My only surprise from match committee was dropping him after Brisbane game. Although his stats weren’t great in that game - I think he did some really inspiring things to get us going when nothing was working in that game.
He will stay at Blues and I think if those media morons looked at the fact he is still only 21 and came in underdeveloped physically, maybe they would realise CFC’s patience. And already has 55 games under his belt.
A player that has passion and determination like Jsos has will only succeed imo..
Well spotted by SOS :p ...Not bad for a pick in the 50s.

Well I'll put my hand up and say I definitely doubted him. Still do a bit. But he was fantastic yesterday - really competitive and clever.

I hope over another year or two he can add one or more of pace/strength/clean finishing. He's always looked "not quite good enough" at anything to my eye, but maybe he's getting there and can be "pretty good" at a number of things at AFL level.

The on-field passion and desire has never been questioned, though.

Good on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon lets leave it that way with regards Ben. the expectation burden on Jack has been enormous. even look at the flogging that Jack has copped from Carlton supporters on BF.

Gary "Best Maaaate' Lyon, the grass cutter. Stand up bloke that he is. Chuck him in the same slops bucket as Tird

I reckon lets leave it that way with regards Ben. the expectation burden on Jack has been enormous. even look at the flogging that Jack has copped from Carlton supporters on BF.
Yeah..there was a couple that wanted him on the trade table..

I called him a battler at the start of the year. He's become a terrific player, an absolute natural footballer who is only going to keep improving as he gets fitter and stronger.

He could actually turn out to become a genuine gun now that the self-belief is there. Jack has obviously worked extremely hard and he should be incredibly proud of himself.

I’ll go on record as saying at the start of the year he would struggle to own a spot in the best 22. If he continues in the same form and round out his season he is a lock.
His failing I thought was not knowing exactly where he fits. The irony now is that this is precisely his strength, versatility! He can go forward and be effective and has proven he can go through the middle, lock down and be creative as well. Go JSOS.

Also, this kick here was just a thing of beauty, led to a goal, amazing play by Jack.

The kick to me was the big thing (it was as much luck as skill it hit Kreuzer so nicely) it was the vision!! It is bloody hard to pick the ball up in traffic with 5 opponents surrounding you and in a split second realise you have a team mate in space and that you only have to put it in his general direction and he will be able to do the rest.

I should also say, how funny is it watching Brayshaw tackle air as Jack turns away!!

Also worth noting Jack is in nearly every goal of the week this week!

The kick to me was the big thing (it was as much luck as skill it hit Kreuzer so nicely) it was the vision!! It is bloody hard to pick the ball up in traffic with 5 opponents surrounding you and in a split second realise you have a team mate in space and that you only have to put it in his general direction and he will be able to do the rest.

I should also say, how funny is it watching Brayshaw tackle air as Jack turns away!!

Also worth noting Jack is in nearly every goal of the week this week!
Not sure about luck; looked plenty deliberate and he proved his accuracy kicking off the outside of the boot again a bit later with a nice goal.

Also the pass to Kreuzer stood out plenty from where I was sitting and was raved about for a while.

Most footballers only have one or two points of difference, and they are only marginal. What comes with having these strengths is occasionally a tendency to overestimate them - See Suckling or Brodie Smith taking risky kicks when they’re unlikely options.

What Jack does is consistently make good decisions, play the percentages and convert when he gets a set shot. He doesn’t second guess himself, and he takes the path of least resistance almost every time. Though he will take a few high-risk options in a game, and they’ll almost always come off.

Watch how much more effective he’ll be with some extra muscle mass, and he crosses the next confidence threshold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back