Game Day Rnd 16: Derby 50 - West Coast vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

IDGAF. Freo suck. Premiers 2018 wooo
Cool? I'd rather belong to a club that was respected for it's football skills, not hated for it's anti-social behaviour, like some soccer club/hooligans?
Freo can't dish up an inept performance like that in Derby 50 - a home game at that - and expect any form of respect. They were pathetic.
I'm not one of the majority who hates them as a club or anything like that, I don't troll their board or look to stir up drama, but it is such typical Freo behaviour to have an obvious problem in-house and respond to it by lashing out at anyone who points it out.
Anyone who is fair dinkum about getting better at something would own up to their failing and start fixing it rather than worrying about what someone else is saying.
Hmm, the club and its coach have problems no doubt, but I think anti-social behaviour falls outside of all that, regardless of how good or bad Freo is doing, a smokescreen or deflection - anti-social behaviour is what it is, ugly! I'm not taking any moral high ground but I think it needs to be called out for what it is, not acceptable! I'm as passionate and vocal as any supporter, and can dish the dirt on Freo/other teams, (mainly my TV cops it!) but at the end of the cliched day, it is only a game of footy, it is only sport. We're not mortal enemies!? We're adults right? :rolleyes:
Anyway, I'm packing up my soapbox now and moving along....right, Collingwood?

We can recycle the Melbourne Prelim Final jokes...

In Derby 50, Ross the Boss sent the Dockers team out in each half with just one goal in mind.

Also, I wonder if Cripps gets a player imposed penalty as the only person to score a behind after quarter time? (other 2 were rushed)

Been a lot of complaints post-derby, about Eagles supporters bad behaviour during and after the game, talkback radio (not always a grounded discussion or medium) and on Freo board. The usual 'arrogance' is rolled out, along with abusive language on public transport etc. The Harry Highpants episode also perceived as arrogance and disrespect towards Freo. (I didn't see it like that, I thought it was just a 'guys prank' amongst themselves?).
We bang on about arrogance here, including myself, but it's tongue-in-cheek, self-mocking, ironic. Are the Eagles in danger again of being perceived as arrogant and hated by the general footy world and media, as we near the finals? I think Simmo does a good job of hosing this down.

AF426C76-ED96-419D-BBE9-B6AD854C6105.gif

We can recycle the Melbourne Prelim Final jokes...

In Derby 50, Ross the Boss sent the Dockers team out in each half with just one goal in mind.

Also, I wonder if Cripps gets a player imposed penalty as the only person to score a behind after quarter time? (other 2 were rushed)

Was literally uncontested over the back in the goal square too. Staggering miss.

Been a lot of complaints post-derby, about Eagles supporters bad behaviour during and after the game, talkback radio (not always a grounded discussion or medium) and on Freo board. The usual 'arrogance' is rolled out, along with abusive language on public transport etc. The Harry Highpants episode also perceived as arrogance and disrespect towards Freo. (I didn't see it like that, I thought it was just a 'guys prank' amongst themselves?).
We bang on about arrogance here, including myself, but it's tongue-in-cheek, self-mocking, ironic. Are the Eagles in danger again of being perceived as arrogant and hated by the general footy world and media, as we near the finals? I think Simmo does a good job of hosing this down.

What complaints post-derby? From sooky Freo fans upset that some West Coast supporters were a little too jubilant(Masto) after the game, maybe? If half of the "incidents" are actually true and not just made up for internet likes then you'd have to say that we have a pretty stellar crowd. For example, im yet to hear about a West Coast fan laying out a female cop at the game.

As for the "Harry Highpants" stuff, I say well effin done by Barrass/ Gov. Showing the country that we don't take Derbies any more seriously than a regular game, and that they're out there having fun. If its "disrespectful" to Freo then all the better - why the f*ck should we care about how offended they are after a Derby flogging? Maybe next time they'll show us a little respect in Derby 51 and actually show up for once?

EDIT: apparently "b*tthurt" gets auto-modded to "offended"? WTF is wrong with this forum? Are we children?

What complaints post-derby? From sooky Freo fans upset that some West Coast supporters were a little too jubilant(Masto) after the game, maybe? If half of the "incidents" are actually true and not just made up for internet likes then you'd have to say that we have a pretty stellar crowd. For example, im yet to hear about a West Coast fan laying out a female cop at the game.

As for the "Harry Highpants" stuff, I say well effin done by Barrass/ Gov. Showing the country that we don't take Derbies any more seriously than a regular game, and that they're out there having fun. If its "disrespectful" to Freo then all the better - why the f*ck should we care about how offended they are after a Derby flogging? Maybe next time they'll show us a little respect in Derby 51 and actually show up for once?

EDIT: apparently "b*tthurt" gets auto-modded to "offended"? WTF is wrong with this forum? Are we children?
Perhaps Gov and Barrass were just showing Freo what it looks like to not have your pants pulled down at a Derby!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cool? I'd rather belong to a club that was respected for it's football skills, not hated for it's anti-social behaviour, like some soccer club/hooligans?

Hmm, the club and its coach have problems no doubt, but I think anti-social behaviour falls outside of all that, regardless of how good or bad Freo is doing, a smokescreen or deflection - anti-social behaviour is what it is, ugly! I'm not taking any moral high ground but I think it needs to be called out for what it is, not acceptable! I'm as passionate and vocal as any supporter, and can dish the dirt on Freo/other teams, (mainly my TV cops it!) but at the end of the cliched day, it is only a game of footy, it is only sport. We're not mortal enemies!? We're adults right? :rolleyes:
Anyway, I'm packing up my soapbox now and moving along....right, Collingwood?
I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but they're all mates. The only anti-social behaviour is the one portrayed in the media.

Except Fyfe. From all reports he's all alone.

The only anti-social behaviour is the one portrayed in the media.

And the behaviour exhibited by Brad Hill. Couldn't have been any more disrespectful to his coach if he had slapped him.

And it also goes to show the gulf between our great club and their sorry excuse for a footy brand. Not even at our lowest point did we have players openly show such hostility to a sitting head coach. Even Judge was treated politely. They are well and truly the definition of a rabble.

I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but they're all mates. The only anti-social behaviour is the one portrayed in the media.
Except Fyfe. From all reports he's all alone.
Yes, I was surprised at how friendly both groups of players were, towards each other after the game.
It was great to see. Clearly, Walters was being aggro during the game, Redden was after him.

The anti-social behaviour was stated as being after the game on public transport etc, abusive drunken behaviour (family, kids?). But how quickly it gets taken out of context here...
The photo of Cameron and his Freo 'mates' in the crowd is hilarious, all part of the game!

Last edited:
They are persecuting a minority at a duckers home game. Mind you some of the cheering late sounded like our home game - and it was good - well done minority

I'm sure there are dickheads as there always are, but I didn't see any of that.

If anything there seemed to be a fair bit of sympathy. It was kind of awkward.

I had a chat with a young Freo family while we were waiting at the taxi rank and it just wasn't even fun anymore. Sure I was stoked and smug af, but I tried to keep it under wraps. 'Freo has shown good signs, it's not that bad, developing list'.... but the mum and dad just looked dead inside.

Fremantle have been so terrible, they've actually killed this rivalry.

Much like when you are in a healthy relationship and things are going brilliant and your mate is despondent because they're deeply depressed and chained to an absolute dud. You've been telling them for years that they aren't right for them, they don't respect you, but nothing changes.

It's nice to be right, but you feel for them on a human level.

25 years and all they've had to cling onto for all that time is the delusion that they are morally superior supporters. Poor down trodden darlings shouldn't be subjected to other fans enjoying a good win.

They are persecuting a minority at a duckers home game. Mind you some of the cheering late sounded like our home game - and it was good - well done minority
yeh, it was more about post-game on public transport etc..anyway moving on>>
I just want to Lyons gone big time
I'm sure there are dickheads as there always are, but I didn't see any of that.

If anything there seemed to be a fair bit of sympathy. It was kind of awkward.

I had a chat with a young Freo family while we were waiting at the taxi rank and it just wasn't even fun anymore. Sure I was stoked and smug af, but I tried to keep it under wraps. 'Freo has shown good signs, it's not that bad, developing list'.... but the mum and dad just looked dead inside.

Fremantle have been so terrible, they've actually killed this rivalry.

Much like when you are in a healthy relationship and things are going brilliant and your mate is despondent because they're deeply depressed and chained to an absolute dud. You've been telling them for years that they aren't right for them, they don't respect you, but nothing changes.

It's nice to be right, but you feel for them on a human level.
Good Post! Level...
I tried to post on their Ross Boss thread but got told to eff off.(it was a silly idea) Just want to see Lyons gone, tired of his smarmy face on TV. Bad for Freo, bad for WA footy.
Anyway-that's their problem!

yeh, it was more about post-game on public transport etc..anyway moving on>>
I just want to Lyons gone big time

Good Post! Level...
I tried to post on their Ross Boss thread but got told to eff off.(it was a silly idea) Just want to see Lyons gone, tired of his smarmy face on TV. Bad for Freo, bad for WA footy.
Anyway-that's their problem!
Why would you want Lyon gone? What has it got to do with WCE? Who cares about the Cockburners and what's "bad for" them? How is it "bad for WA footy"?
They are just another AFL club and an opponent to beat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back