Unofficial Preview Bloods v CarlCrims

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aliir’s absence was felt way too much in the back line. He shouldn’t ruck IMO
An ACL waiting to happen, you should NEVER ruck such valuable players. I don't care whether he's ready or not, the tall, big bodied Grassy is the man to bash and crash Kruezer in the centre, our mids should be all over the Blues mids.

Or Cameron if he's fit but not Aliir

I'd say KJack unlikely, Stoddart maybe, McVeigh maybe, Cameron most unlikely, Aliir still to ruck
https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2019-07-08/key-quotes-john-longmire
Kieren Jack’s NEAFL performance
“He was pretty good. He’s been building his form
Ryley Stoddart’s AFL selection chances
“Ryley is one that we probably played in the AFL ahead of his time last year. But we’ve been able to build his body, build his strength and build his form up over the course of the pre-season and this year. ... He’s absolutely in the hunt for a senior game. That’s what we’ve done with James Rowbottom, Jordan Dawson and a number of the others
Jarrad McVeigh’s fitness
“He was a little bit tight over the back end of last week. He still trained on Saturday but we didn’t want him to fly to Darwin for the NEAFL game....e’ll sit down and talk to him
Ruck situation
“Hopefully Darcy Cameron will train this week but we’re yet to see it. We’re really pleased with how Aliir went on the weekend. We understand playing him in the ruck is taking away a strength of ours in his intercepting marking, .... We want to make sure that when Darcy is right to go into the senior side he’s ready to go. He’s missed a bit of footy this year so we’ve just got to work through his program.”
Sam Naismith’s fitness
“He’s still a few weeks away from playing
Lance Franklin’s fitness
“He ran well today so that’s a good sign. There’s nothing to update on Lance

An ACL waiting to happen, you should NEVER ruck such valuable players. I don't care whether he's ready or not, the tall, big bodied Grassy is the man to bash and crash Kruezer in the centre, our mids should be all over the Blues mids.

Or Cameron if he's fit but not Aliir

I agree, and not only that, but you just don't move such a valuable commodity out of his ideal position. It would be like moving Buddy to defence because we need height down back. I get laughed at around here for supposedly over-estimating Aliir's value to this team, but to them I would say.. have a meander back through the POTY threads going back to Aliir's return to senior footy last year. Makes an awful lot of appearances for someone who is not one of our very best players...

I would really like to see Stoddart get the call-up this week, but not sure where he fits, given we already have a lot of players on that half back position (Cunningham, Lloyd, COR, Dawson, Jones) but I would rather someone like him who can potentially be a very handy player for us in an important position than a Rose, who is kind of just floating around the ground with no set position and not managing to impact the game much.

I would have Stoddart off half back, then free up a Lloyd or Cunningham to use their class between the arcs, because as much as Rose has impressed me the last few weeks, Lloyd/Cunningham > Rose.

I agree, and not only that, but you just don't move such a valuable commodity out of his ideal position. It would be like moving Buddy to defence because we need height down back. I get laughed at around here for supposedly over-estimating Aliir's value to this team, but to them I would say.. have a meander back through the POTY threads going back to Aliir's return to senior footy last year. Makes an awful lot of appearances for someone who is not one of our very best players...

Aliir isn’t made Of fibre glass , he can ruck and does it well

If we put fragile Sammy in the ruck Aliir will be finer

I would really like to see Stoddart get the call-up this week, but not sure where he fits, given we already have a lot of players on that half back position (Cunningham, Lloyd, COR, Dawson, Jones) but I would rather someone like him who can potentially be a very handy player for us in an important position than a Rose, who is kind of just floating around the ground with no set position and not managing to impact the game much.

I would have Stoddart off half back, then free up a Lloyd or Cunningham to use their class between the arcs, because as much as Rose has impressed me the last few weeks, Lloyd/Cunningham > Rose.
Just use Stoddart on the wing in Florent's normal role. Hesitant to mix with our defence right now as it's still holding up very well. Otherwise give the likes of Lloyd or COR a run on the wing at times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just use Stoddart on the wing in Florent's normal role. Hesitant to mix with our defence right now as it's still holding up very well. Otherwise give the likes of Lloyd or COR a run on the wing at times

Except Florent shouldn't be dropped. Plus he's an important part of our midfield, as opposed to Rose who I'm still not sure has a role in this team.

No Caleb Marchbank playing

think he has been drinking his own bathwater?

His stats are up across the board for this year against last year, but his games against Hawthorn and Essendon were bang average. I wouldn't hang him on those two games alone but if the trend continues then there has to be concern. Maybe teams are starting to put more time and effort into stopping him?

His stats are up across the board for this year against last year, but his games against Hawthorn and Essendon were bang average. I wouldn't hang him on those two games alone but if the trend continues then there has to be concern. Maybe teams are starting to put more time and effort into stopping him?

I thought he was close to BOG a few weeks ago, im not too worried

maybe a bit ahead of himself at times, but thats part of development

I come in peace sharing info.

C Curnow will not be back this week as mentioned earlier. McKay, Cripps and Cuningham are tests.

Weitering is touch and go depending on concussion. The broken nose and cut was quite bad so one week off is quite possible. With Marchbank gone for the year as well, we are left with Jones and Casboult as our key defenders. If McKay doesn't get back, then we have McGovern and nobody up forward so Casboult may be required with either Hugh Goddard coming in to the defence or Tom De Koning rotating up forward with Kreuzer.

Point is, your current tall deficiencies shouldn't hurt you too much this week due to our own injury list. Unfortunately in C Curnow and Marchbank missing, our available talls are lacking in mobility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back