No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummers played us and deliberately lost (played Scott Lucas at fb or something stupid) when we played them in the last round of 2001. All so we would finish higher and play them in week 1. The next week they came out and spanked us.

That's one of the most obvious attempts at tanking I've ever seen but never gets brought up.
Pretty sure that game screwed over Carltank as well making them miss the double chance.

On SM-J250F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bummers played us and deliberately lost (played Scott Lucas at fb or something stupid) when we played them in the last round of 2001. All so we would finish higher and play them in week 1. The next week they came out and spanked us.

That's one of the most obvious attempts at tanking I've ever seen but never gets brought up.

They were scared to play Carlton because of what happened 2 years earlier in the 1999 prelim.

That game still haunts Essendon to this day, but the way Carlton carried on after winning that game was embarrassing, it reminds me of Collingwood and the way they carried on after beating us in the prelim last year.

They were scared to play Carlton because of what happened 2 years earlier in the 1999 prelim.

That game still haunts Essendon to this day, but the way Carlton carried on after winning that game was embarrassing, it reminds me of Collingwood and the way they are still carrying on after beating us in the prelim last year.
Fixed.

That game still haunts Essendon to this day, but the way Carlton carried on after winning that game was embarrassing, it reminds me of Collingwood and the way they carried on after beating us in the prelim last year.
they built an entire rivalry on that prelim loss lol. if anyone tells u the spoons and druggies were rivals pre 1999 they are lying

Would be an interesting last game against Brisbane if percentage determines if we finish between 3rd~5th.

Say that we need to win between 18-24 points to finish 4th (and West Coast finished 2nd) and we are 28 points up in with 90 seconds to go. You would probably see players deliberately kick to the opposition lol.

Though would this be tanking? In the end we don't want to lose the game, but only win by a certain margin.
If we did it the AFL would call it match fixing

they built an entire rivalry on that prelim loss lol. if anyone tells u the spoons and druggies were rivals pre 1999 they are lying

Sheedy did well to manufacture rivalries with Carlton, Collingwood as well as us while he was coaching Essendon.

Essendon had no rivalries with anyone before Sheedy came along, and since Sheedy has left, those rivalries he manufactured are now dead.

No one cares about Essendon today, despite the constant attempts of the Herald Sun to try and make them relevant.

Sheedy did well to manufacture rivalries with Carlton, Collingwood as well as us while he was coaching Essendon.

Essendon had no rivalries with anyone before Sheedy came along, and since Sheedy has left, those rivalries he manufactured are now dead.

No one cares about Essendon today, despite the constant attempts of the Herald Sun to try and make them relevant.
yes sheedy took his carlspoon hatred from Richmond with him to the druggos

What I learnt from the w/end.
Last 3 premiers have momentum while the 4th side (Bris) have shown the likes of Carl & Suns priority picks means nothing.
Culture does.

Brisbane have to be admired for the job they've done in turning things around without tanking and being spoon fed, unlike Melbourne who despite all the tanking and handouts, only managed to build a window where they had one shot at a flag.

Brisbane have to be admired for the job they've done in turning things around without tanking and being spoon fed, unlike Melbourne who despite all the tanking and handouts, only managed to build a window where they had one shot at a flag.
Agree.From a crisis to possible contenders in the near future.Melb's culture was confirmed with the camp fiasco.

Agree.From a crisis to possible contenders in the near future.Melb's culture was confirmed with the camp fiasco.
Validates what Benny said when he took over... "we got ourselves into this mess, we'll get ourselves out of it"
Or words to that effect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

caro reckons hes already signed with maquarie

There was rumours about him and MacQuarie months ago. I hope it’s true. I want him back at 9am with Greg Denham etc. Best.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Validates what Benny said when he took over... "we got ourselves into this mess, we'll get ourselves out of it"
Or words to that effect.
And our rebuild was far more impressive than the lions.Through the plastic handouts.

54b47bc5813718871f22c6dc805a21b6.jpg

6819a1387cde3f986b30694b002bd263.jpg

I like our decreased participation numbers in the MB gameday threads. Keep going. Just stick to our board. Let the Tiger gameday threads die over in that toilet.

I see cochkbrain wants a priority pick for Gold Coast

AFL will probably give it to them

Funny thing Saturday all the septic tanks sitting behind us and there were two rows were all free tickets

And premium tickets at that

The chickens from Melbourne's camp fiasco have really come home to roost this year.
Melbourne has always been soft, riding high on the Jim Stynes sympathy vote but their true reflection is Garry Lyon.

I remember when Garry Lyon wrote Melbourne list is far superior to Richmond because of the top end talent.

54b47bc5813718871f22c6dc805a21b6.jpg

6819a1387cde3f986b30694b002bd263.jpg

I like our decreased participation numbers in the MB gameday threads. Keep going. Just stick to our board. Let the Tiger gameday threads die over in that toilet.

main board oppos get there #'s out over there every day , don't even bother with MB anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back