Roast Bryce Gibbs

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d rather be playing Gibbs instead of Douglas right now, he needs to be backed in instead of this yo-yoing rubbish. But then again I’m not our selection committee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah but what runs on the board does Gibbs have? He certainly didn't win our B&F in 2010 or have an above average year for us in 2009 like the two superstars he'd be in line to replace.

I’d rather be playing Gibbs instead of Douglas right now, he needs to be backed in instead of this yo-yoing rubbish. But then again I’m not our selection committee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is another example of the totally inconsistent and bullshit selection criteria at the AFC.

As s**t as Gibbs has been, has he been much worse than Douglas - if at all?

I’d also give him a new role.

He has fully defined what it means to be Bryce Gibbs the midfielder. Telling him he needs to improve his defensive running won’t help even the thousandth time. He is fully programmed and doing what he does the way he knows how. We dropped him after a 27 possession game.

I recall Gibbs has one of the best tackle efficiency ratings in the league. I think he intends to be a good team player.

I would say either half forward or lockdown defender. Probably half forward. Something where he can learn a new role from now to the end of preseason, and learn it the way Don Pyke wants him to play it.

I think that one of our KPDs need to go in favour of a mid type that can defend reasonably well. If we need to pull someone from somewhere to have a run in the stoppages, then Gibbs can do that. Otherwise, he'd be a perfectly ok defender who will likely offer a bit going the other way. But we only push out Hartigan if it gives Mackay a run, I doubt Gibbs has the tenure credits even if it would actually benefit the 22.

This is another example of the totally inconsistent and bulls**t selection criteria at the AFC.

As s**t as Gibbs has been, has he been much worse than Douglas - if at all?

Douglas is playing a non-statistical role and you need to be in the inner sanctum to appreciate what he's bringing to the team. Exactly like Matty Wright was doing before he got dropped never to return and then delisted.

I think that one of our KPDs need to go in favour of a mid type that can defend reasonably well. If we need to pull someone from somewhere to have a run in the stoppages, then Gibbs can do that. Otherwise, he'd be a perfectly ok defender who will likely offer a bit going the other way. But we only push out Hartigan if it gives Mackay a run, I doubt Gibbs has the tenure credits even if it would actually benefit the 22.
Sure, something like:
Talia > Hartigan > Doedee > Kelly > Gibbs > Brown > Smith

Douglas is playing a non-statistical role and you need to be in the inner sanctum to appreciate what he's bringing to the team. Exactly like Matty Wright was doing before he got dropped never to return and then delisted.

They call the role the Public Servant.

I think the question should be asked, and answered, how different is Gibbs to the player we thought we were getting?

If it’s not much, then why are we not trying to play to his strengths

And if he is different, how the * did our due diligence go so wrong given our recruiting manager is his former agent

Something stinks here and it’s not just Gibb’s form

This just popped up on FB;

AFL Insider TRADE News
1 hr ·
SORRY IT DIDN’T WORK OUT:
Adelaide FC will trade Bryce Gibbs out at seasons end.
In a shocking move, involving one of the elite players in the game, Gibbs has said to be uneasy with a few senior team mates, including Tex Walker, and 2 assistant coaches.
Cross town rivals Port Adelaide have flagged their interest in recruiting the star on baller, while St Kilda, Sydney, Gold Coast, Hawthorn and Essendon have already asked the question to his manager, with the manager already presenting some options to his client Bryce.
Would you have Bryce at your club?
#AFLinsider

Interesting that someone on here said Gibbs was basically only working with Pyke now, due to issues with an assistant...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Campo is on him for being unaccountable defensively then that is comedy gold considering how he played and what he has ignored from other players with his midfield set ups .

Perhaps Adelaide have simply induced depression and disillusionment with football in an otherwise promising player. I mean Adelaide are averaging one early retirement per season due to this since Pyke took over.
Who are these? I can only think of Hampton off the top of my head, which I think was more related to being bad

Jaensch, Menzel, Hampton and Gibbs seemingly on the way.
Lol

Jaensch retired before Pyke's first season after a long running string of off field issues.

Menzel was delisted with Dean Gore. Failed trade.

Hampton was really bad, realised he was going to be delisted and pulled the pin.

Gibbs, Galluci and Pick 2 for Luko, Rankine and a charity second round pick (if lucky).

GC get fair value and two ready made AFL players to boost competitiveness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back