M.Rioli(legend)
Jul 19, 2018
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
_190707_065014_663.jpg

Well we have reached that point of the year when all the clichés start flying around, and this game is definitely worth the 8 points, our most important game of the year so far. To give you an exciting fact moving forward, go back to 2017 heading into round 16 we were sitting 6th with the same win/loss of 9/6, how are the moisture levels now?? Haha apologies to the ladies tuned in. We have played 3 consecutive dynamic quarters of footy from our last 2 wins with 7,9&7 goals and I think we are timing our run perfectly and giving ourselves every chance in the process of getting key players back, you can hear the background noise getting louder but we will try to stay under the radar for as long as possible. While the Giants the AFL's manufactured baby are on the slide with consecutive losses. Would prefer we didn't get them on the rebound, however living in Sydney I went out to watch them last night and the simple message is bring the chaos and the heat, the Lions did not give them any time or space with the footy and their pressure was great, although GWS pretty much won all the key stats did not make any difference on the scoreboard. A win here and we are back on track big time.

Last time we met:

Round 3, GWS won by 49pts. We started well but losing Short in the 1st quarter was a big blow, Rioli got cleaned up in the 2nd and then Cotchin went down, we simply ran out of legs. For the Giants Cameron ran riot and Whitfield suffered from leather poisoning while Finlayson was the annoying surprise packet, Prestia and Lambert were good for us.

However the game itself was irrelevant, the only good thing to come out of Sydney that day was Sydney. Stack that is, a 'star is born'
_190707_065018_635.jpg

Dean Polo did cross my mind after that game but that was quickly put to bed. 'What a player' In my opinion the best thing that has happened to Richmond in recent history, obviously behind our premiership. He has also made us feel a hell of a lot better about top picks that didn't quite go our way (Banik, Fiora, Tambling, Myer, Oakley-Nicholls, Lennon,C. Ellis,Yarran) feel free to add to that lovely list.

Last time we met at the MCG:

Was simply magnificent!

3 memorable moments in our short history:

Round 14, 2015, Dimma 3qrt spray and response.

2. Round 10,2014, Jack has a crack at the game plan hops on a train and then bags 11.

1. Preliminary Final 2017, Obviously one of the greatest days of our lives, enough said.

Key matchups:

My son Vs Josh Kelly?
_190707_065023_546.jpg

My son will run rings around Kelly although he is in serious doubt. He is a jet but carries the extra baggage of being a North supporter, (hopefully Lambert is right to go with him) however the big question is who will take Coniglio? Also a gun and under a fitness cloud, If he does play I think his Italian counterpart Prestia should be able to clean him up, who mind you will quietly be leading our B&F, (expecting those 2 to play even if not 100%) you have Taranto who I rate highly and would love to have at Richmond, and Whitfield should make his way back in, Graham I think is back to his 2017 form could run with one of those two,their midfield does run very deep and they will win a lot of the footy, we can only limit their influence with it and not give them the time and space by applying elite pressure and hopefully we do bring the heat.

Grimes Vs Greene?
_190707_103805_133.jpg

Does Grimes go to Greene or do we need his speed to match Cameron? If that's the case Vlastuin or Stack could take Greene. Broad could be another option for Cameron.

No De Boer
_190707_103808_805.jpg

No dirty tactics from De Boer this time round and hopefully Dusty will have a day out.

- What it means for Richmond and how to win:
Top 4 on the line, and to win simply bring the heat.

- What it means for GWS and how to win:
Win at the MCG and beating Melbourne doesn't count, also put's their season back on track. They can win if we allow them to play the game on their pretty terms with the run and carry, high disposal and fast ball movement.

Possible changes:

_190707_103812_253.jpg

'Jack is back'
That is all that matters. But I will say it better not be at the expense of Bolton, 'selfish or unselfish' don't care. I am a big fan.

-Whitfield and Mumford will most likely come in for GWS.

Final word and Prediction:

The bigger they are the harder they fall, and I'm expecting the Giants to fall down hard. The MCG is definitely Tiger territory and you may enter at your own risk. Monday's headline will read,
"Melbourne Curses Giants"again.
_190707_103815_763.jpg

Richmond by the familiar margin of 36pts with a goal after the siren to the Giants.

Go Tiges!!

TigerTime_89

4x Jack Dyer Medalist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melb Storm, Liverpool, S Thunder
Great read. Great preview.
The Giants will come out breathing fire, we just need to hold on, and once they start to drop off, we go bang.

Get along to the G everyone on Sunday, let's try and scare the crap out of them again.

excellent preview Tonymontana344 !

If Kelly and Coniglio miss for GWS that will be huge in terms of the midfield battle. Both of them are guns and could tear us apart.

Naturally I'm most excited to see Riewoldt come back in (hopefully) and play along side Lynch, as we haven't really seen much of it.

If JR comes in, we must get the ball inside 50 as quick as possible. The quicker we can play on and get it inside 50 the more chance we have of having Lynch and Riewoldt in 1 v 1 contests with our smalls running towards the goals front and centre making the GWS defenders very nervous.

We can't hold up play and let them flood back.

the quick ball movement is what allowed us to take 23 marks inside 50 last week, thats a crazy high number.

Egg will probably make way for Jack.

Not sure Caddy walks back into the side just yet. Our pace up front and connection has been good.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
View attachment 705614

Well we have reached that point of the year when all the clichés start flying around, and this game is definitely worth the 8 points, our most important game of the year so far. To give you an exciting fact moving forward, go back to 2017 heading into round 16 we were sitting 6th with the same win/loss of 9/6, how are the moisture levels now?? Haha apologies to the ladies tuned in. We have played 3 consecutive dynamic quarters of footy from our last 2 wins with 7,9&7 goals and I think we are timing our run perfectly and giving ourselves every chance in the process of getting key players back, you can hear the background noise getting louder but we will try to stay under the radar for as long as possible. While the Giants the AFL's manufactured baby are on the slide with consecutive losses. Would prefer we didn't get them on the rebound, however living in Sydney I went out to watch them last night and the simple message is bring the chaos and the heat, the Lions did not give them any time or space with the footy and their pressure was great, although GWS pretty much won all the key stats did not make any difference on the scoreboard. A win here and we are back on track big time.

Last time we met:

Round 3, GWS won by 49pts. We started well but losing Short in the 1st quarter was a big blow, Rioli got cleaned up in the 2nd and then Cotchin went down, we simply ran out of legs. For the Giants Cameron ran riot and Whitfield suffered from leather poisoning while Finlayson was the annoying surprise packet, Prestia and Lambert were good for us.

However the game itself was irrelevant, the only good thing to come out of Sydney that day was Sydney. Stack that is, a 'star is born'
View attachment 705635

Dean Polo did cross my mind after that game but that was quickly put to bed. 'What a player' In my opinion the best thing that has happened to Richmond in recent history, obviously behind our premiership. He has also made us feel a hell of a lot better about top picks that didn't quite go our way (Banik, Fiora, Tambling, Myer, Oakley-Nicholls, Lennon,C. Ellis,Yarran) feel free to add to that lovely list.

Last time we met at the MCG:

Was simply magnificent!

3 memorable moments in our short history:

Round 14, 2015, Dimma 3qrt spray and response.

2. Round 10,2014, Jack has a crack at the game plan hops on a train and then bags 11.

1. Preliminary Final 2017, Obviously one of the greatest days of our lives, enough said.

Key matchups:

My son Vs Josh Kelly?
View attachment 705634
My son will run rings around Kelly although he is in serious doubt. He is a jet but carries the extra baggage of being a North supporter, (hopefully Lambert is right to go with him) however the big question is who will take Coniglio? Also a gun and under a fitness cloud, If he does play I think his Italian counterpart Prestia should be able to clean him up, who mind you will quietly be leading our B&F, (expecting those 2 to play even if not 100%) you have Taranto who I rate highly and would love to have at Richmond, and Whitfield should make his way back in, Graham I think is back to his 2017 form could run with one of those two,their midfield does run very deep and they will win a lot of the footy, we can only limit their influence with it and not give them the time and space by applying elite pressure and hopefully we do bring the heat.

Grimes Vs Greene?
View attachment 705633
Does Grimes go to Greene or do we need his speed to match Cameron? If that's the case Vlastuin or Stack could take Greene. Broad could be another option for Cameron.

No De Boer
View attachment 705636
No dirty tactics from De Boer this time round and hopefully Dusty will have a day out.

- What it means for Richmond and how to win:
Top 4 on the line, and to win simply bring the heat.

- What it means for GWS and how to win:
Win at the MCG and beating Melbourne doesn't count, also put's their season back on track. They can win if we allow them to play the game on their pretty terms with the run and carry, high disposal and fast ball movement.

Possible changes:

View attachment 705632

'Jack is back'
That is all that matters. But I will say it better not be at the expense of Bolton, 'selfish or unselfish' don't care. I am a big fan.

-Whitfield and Mumford will most likely come in for GWS.

Final word and Prediction:

The bigger they are the harder they fall, and I'm expecting the Giants to fall down hard. The MCG is definitely Tiger territory and you may enter at your own risk. Monday's headline will read,
"Melbourne Curses Giants"again.
View attachment 705612

Richmond by the familiar margin of 36pts with a goal after the siren to the Giants.

Go Tiges!!

clapping.gif

We've got to play 4 quarters this week.

But play our game to our ability we beat them. So let's do it.

I want JR in. But he's going to be rusty. Still he's got a bit more class than most other players.

Josh Kelly has apparently done his calf and likely to miss this week, on the flip side Whitfield is likely to be back.

Josh Kelly has apparently done his calf and likely to miss this week, on the flip side Whitfield is likely to be back.

And potentially mummy

Because of course

GN272

All Australian
Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Jove de Tarragona (Castellers)
Riewoldt back in with Lynch getting into a bit of form is going to work very well for us this game.

GWS won't go down without a fight, but I expect we will turn the pressure up and not let it turn into Round 3 again. Richmond by 5 points.

Its the 'Grub' Greene factor that could be part of that fight - he seems to get away with new ways to be a grub each time he plays.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back