Toast Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

The Inbetweener

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2011
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Didn’t you read Robbo this morning - Lachlan Whitfield and Cripps. Brownlow won’t end the debate - Woewodin beat West!! - but if stays as fit and agile and strong as he’s been in the first 4 rounds ( and solves his Chris Grant like goal kicking yips) he’ll be Cripps, Kelly and Oliver combined and the argument is over for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah saw Robbo’s article. Bont’s start to the season very underrated IMO. He usually plays well against the Blues so hopefully another good week coming up

Substance

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Coaches Votes Leaderboard Round 7

43 Marcus Bontempelli
38 Patrick Cripps
35 Tim Kelly
34 Lachlan Neale
32 Scott Pendlebury

Hail Bont.

Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
Player ratings loving our guys

1E68FB93-4717-4702-B56D-A708BB8C9318.jpeg

AjsGuns

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea.
The best Bulldog Player I have ever watched live.

Also, comparisons with Scott Pendlebury are far too complimentary to Pendles. Bont at his best is superior.

People underestimate Pendlebury, but he is a 5x BnF winner (also runner up for 5x seasons, so that's 10 seasons of being top 2 in the Collingwood BnF), 5x AA and a premiership player. He was better than Dane Swan who won the Brownlow in 2011 as well. His 31 and hasn't been at his best for the last 2-3 years, so people forget how amazing he was. He was a top 5 midfielder in the AFL for like 10 years, some seasons a top 2-3 midfielder.

I do agree Bont's best is better, but he doesn't get there enough. Even on the weekend he died out after the first quarter of brilliance.

Bont has the potential to go down as one of the best midfielders of the past 20 years, I can't see him catching Ablett Jnr, (although if we compare achievements at 23, Bont is miles ahead, Gaz made his first AA at 23.) but he could go down with Judd, Voss, Hird, Buckley etc

Will be interesting to see where people rate him as far as the best western bulldog player ever lists go, in 10 years.

He is a premiership player, 2x BnF winner and 1x AA. You would expect him to win our BnF and would be a 50/50 chance at making the AA team right now, If it all falls his way he would become a 3x BnF winner and 2x AA - and will be starting 2020 at 24 years old. So about 6-7 seasons of great footy left. If he can have 4 or 5 out of those 7 really good years and a year where he is the stand out player in the AFL (snag a brownlow or the Leight Matthews award) he will go ahead of Grant/Hawkins/Johnson for me. Can't comment or rate Whitten (or really Hawkins), but that would put him as #1 for me.

Last edited:

WallyStringhaus

Club Legend
Aug 27, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In Season 2019 thus far, 10 players have averaged over 25 possessions per game and kicked 10+ Goals;

Dangerfield, Coniglio, Tim Kelly, Duncan, Sheed, Dusty, Bont, Henderson, Sloane and Cripps.

When you add in 10+ Goal Assists that number shrinks to 5;

Danger, Coniglio, Kelly, Dusty and Bont

60+ Tackles and we are down to 3;

Danger, Kelly, Bont

90+ Clearances, 2 remain;

Kelly, Bont

75+ Indside 50's, One man standing;

Bont

The most complete midfielder in the game.

In Season 2019 thus far, 10 players have averaged over 25 possessions per game and kicked 10+ Goals;

Dangerfield, Coniglio, Tim Kelly, Duncan, Sheed, Dusty, Bont, Henderson, Sloane and Cripps.

When you add in 10+ Goal Assists that number shrinks to 5;

Danger, Coniglio, Kelly, Dusty and Bont

60+ Tackles and we are down to 3;

Danger, Kelly, Bont

90+ Clearances, 2 remain;

Kelly, Bont

75+ Indside 50's, One man standing;

Bont

The most complete midfielder in the game.

Should post that on the main board Cripps bontempelli Kelly thread

Back