News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such a seductive thread. Every time I come in here I almost forget just how low our odds of getting either of these 2 guys home is!

Getting both? To a team that refuses to sell the farm, practically impossible. Hell, we would probably have to sell 2 farms!

This is such a seductive thread. Every time I come in here I almost forget just how low our odds of getting either of these 2 guys home is!

Getting both? To a team that refuses to sell the farm, practically impossible. Hell, we would probably have to sell 2 farms!

We sold the farm for Gibbs and let Cameron go.

Horrific really.

Also there was another 7 aged between 27-30.

So they have 11 U25. We had 11 over 27

We really are at the edge of the cliff with this group.

I'd be inclined to go further. This group fell off the cliff in the past fortnight.

Lots of noise on ABC radio up here (rainy gold coast) this morning in regards to the suns and their predicament.. had suns representatives on discussing the weekends result and what to do moving forward..

Making noise about draft concessions and asking the AFL for help..

Also discussion on rules around new draftees... yep.. the Suns rep, not sure his name, was discussing how they were talking with the AFL about how they need to be given the ability to hold on to the lads they pick with higher draft picks for longer with say 4 year contracts instead of the 2 years..

Wonder if thats because they are getting bad vibes from the guys they got with high draft picks last year in regards to retaining them... cant get their signatures onto new longer term deals maybe?.. being told by the young draftees that they arent happy/or homesick etc..

We sold the farm for Gibbs and let Cameron go.
I seem to recall everyone being ecstatic with what we got for Cameron? Pick 12 looks like a steal now.

The Gibbs trade didn't work. Worth a shot though. We paid 1.5 first rounders and got one year from him in a season where we buggered up just about everything we could, that hurts.

I'd like to see Lukosius or Rankine in Crows colours ... but we need to commit to doing a fast rebuild, not hanging onto the last dregs with this current group.

I'm not confident we can do that. I think the club has no intention of making the necessary changes.

Sent using Tapatalk App on Android.

Would do luko for pick 2 and crouch, no dramas

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app
wow..why so much? - B Crouch on his own would command close to pick 1. A straight swap with pick 2 for Lukosius seems around the mark if he wants to leave. Maybe we get in on a bigger deal and offer greenwood and pick 2 for Lukosius and say the brisbane 1st rounder they have.

Or one from left field - what if we looked at a swap deal ie Laird or Milera for Lukosius with maybe a swap of 2nd rounders in their favor if need be. Of course wanting players to head there is the issue but to get big you have to give big. That way we keep the likely pick 2 to take an elite young mid like Anderson or Rowell - whichever GC don't take

Lots of noise on ABC radio up here (rainy gold coast) this morning in regards to the suns and their predicament.. had suns representatives on discussing the weekends result and what to do moving forward..

Making noise about draft concessions and asking the AFL for help..

Also discussion on rules around new draftees... yep.. the Suns rep, not sure his name, was discussing how they were talking with the AFL about how they need to be given the ability to hold on to the lads they pick with higher draft picks for longer with say 4 year contracts instead of the 2 years..

Wonder if thats because they are getting bad vibes from the guys they got with high draft picks last year in regards to retaining them... cant get their signatures onto new longer term deals maybe?.. being told by the young draftees that they arent happy/or homesick etc..

I predicted this last night.

They will give them pick 2 and we will slide to 3 (assuming Carlton finish 17th). Keep Rowell and Anderson BFFs together.

Perfect time to hand out a priority pick when the club holding pick 2 didn't actually finish in that position.

They will give them pick 2 and we will slide to 3 (assuming Carlton finish 17th). Keep Rowell and Anderson BFFs together.

Perfect time to hand out a priority pick when the club holding pick 2 didn't actually finish in that position.
I can certainly see this happening. I'd hope for wrath and fury from AFC but we would meekly bend over and accept.

Maybe we could use to our benefit and do a back room trade with Suns/AFL which is to our benefit but also allows a generous AFL concession and we both get what we want.

Suns get concession pick, we also trade our pick (and a little bit more) but get unders for both Rankine/Lukosius.

Suns effectively get top 3 picks in the one draft. Could either trade pick 3 or use it.

Either way, the existing pick 3 (Melb/St K) was never going to get Rowell/Anderson and they shuffle to pick 4.

Yep... you can see it coming from a mile away.. and the AFL gets to stick it up us South Aussies again!..

The perfect storm.

Chapman would thank the AFL for their wisdom if this happened

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't seen anything from Milera that I haven't seen from Ah Chee, Martin, Powel.. and I think you guys have worked out that laird racking up touches behind the play is sometimes just a hindrance.
wow..why so much? - B Crouch on his own would command close to pick 1. A straight swap with pick 2 for Lukosius seems around the mark if he wants to leave. Maybe we get in on a bigger deal and offer greenwood and pick 2 for Lukosius and say the brisbane 1st rounder they have.

Or one from left field - what if we looked at a swap deal ie Laird or Milera for Lukosius with maybe a swap of 2nd rounders in their favor if need be. Of course wanting players to head there is the issue but to get big you have to give big. That way we keep the likely pick 2 to take an elite young mid like Anderson or Rowell - whichever GC don't take

Gold Coast are lobbying for the first round draft pick because they can’t compete since their inception.

I think the afl should apologise to all the other clubs and admit the expansion into Qld was a failure and clubs lost players for nothing.
The AFL didn't help by sending them to a half arsed clubrooms etc. GC should have had a top AFL standard training facility from the get go and it didnt.

GWS was handled so much better.

Haven't seen anything from Milera that I haven't seen from Ah Chee, Martin, Powel.. and I think you guys have worked out that laird racking up touches behind the play is sometimes just a hindrance.

Laird was dual all Australia and is having a bit of a leaner year this year. But up there, he would quarterback your half back line. He is a proven elite level player. As for Milera, see how he goes in the coming seasons - I think you will be very surprised at how good he will be

I'd trade Brad Crouch for pick 1
If we could somehow end up with Anderson, Rankine and Luko this trade period I would be a very happy guy. We would need to give up pick 2 for Anderson. Pick 20, BCrouch and Greenwood for Luko and Rankine. Would throw in Riley Knight to get it over the line. Gold coast get BCrouch, Greenwood and Knight which helps their midfield immediately plus they still have pick 1 and 20.
A midfield of Rankine, Anderson, Jones, MCrouch, Sloane, Milera, McHenry sounds bloody tantalising to me. Luko, Lynch, Berg, Fogarty, Stengle, Gallucci, Mcadam up forward with Rankine, McHenry resting up there. End of 2020 bring in Grundy and then we can start improving. Throw in a gun coaching group and watch success happen.

Last edited:
From down south?
If we could somehow end up with Anderson, Rankine and Luko this trade period I would be a very happy guy. We would need to give up pick 2 for Anderson. Pick 20, BCrouch and Greenwood for Luko and Rankine. Would throw in Riley Knight to get it over the line. Gold coast get BCrouch, Greenwood and Knight which helps their midfield immediately plus they still have pick 1 and 20.
A midfield of Rankine, Anderson, Jones, MCrouch, Sloane, Milera, McHenry sounds bloody tantalising to me. Luko, Lynch, Berg, Fogarty, Stengle, Gallucci, Mcadam up forward with Rankine, McHenry resting up there. End of 2020 bring in Grundy and then we can start improving. Throw in a gun coaching group and watch success happen.

From down south?

You guys need experienced players and a bigger salary cap. Would give GC an extra 2 million a year for 3 years to sort their s**t out. No use going for 18 year old kids that will take 5 years to develop. Club may not be around then. You guys need a quick bounce.

Last edited:
What it says is that the majority of their side were kids and they smashed us.

What does it say that we won six of the previous seven against them?

We had a s**t week. We had a good week when we played GWS, or when we played Richmond. Sometimes that happens.

It doesn't mean anything definitive when you're comparing us and them. It's ridiculous that we're now imagining they've got all these amazing kids, when they spent years trading away picks. Byrne-Jones and Amon are the same players they've always been.

We have some issues - let's see if we address them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back