News Marty Frederick signs with Claremont

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually I've just realised Cat B rookie Martin Frederick could very well be John Friedrich of National Safety Council of Australia fame, subtly hiding in plain sight.
Must have risen from the dead. If that's the case, he could do anything on the field, so play him in rd 1.

Yeah anyone using Martin should be carded.

#manguru4life
Yeah, the days of picking an Anglo name somewhat close to your real one have long since passed. Unless he really wants to be called Martin, I'd hope the club and supporters refer to him as Manguru. Though who knows? The website has removed our traded / delisted players, but yet to include new ones. Whilst the Port app is even worse and still has Polec, Pittard and Wingard as Port players. When dissatisfaction with how things are going at the club is rife, not doing the small easy things doesn't help improve anyone's perception that we aren't a bungling inept organisation.

Fulfilling my obligations re the 2019 Port board Buddy Draft I refer you to 'The fact file: Martin Frederick'.
Not a bad story and makes me feel more enthusiastic about my role. I didn't know he'd done a pre-season with us in 2017 or that he'd played his junior footy at Portland.

They do tend to be fractionally more +ve with their marsupial names in Portugal. Hence also the willaby.
We don't differentiate them. Wallaroos, kangaroos, wallabies, etc., they all are "cangurus".

It happens. We don't differentiate doves from pigeons ("pombos") nor crows from ravens ("corvos"), for instance.

Baz Curtin Monday night at the Club 1870 event when interviewing Martin, as part of talking to all new players ( Ryan Burton was missing), said to Martin that a couple of the senior players had told him that they believe that he is ready to play AFL. He didn't elaborate who it was, and if they mean now or this year, but that is a bloody positive endorsement.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to sit down with George Fiacchi and talk about what Port Adelaide expects.

JH: How early was it hammered into the players that “Port Adelaide exists to win”?
GF: As soon as you walk in the door, it’s crazy.

The expectations from the under 15 coaches, you are now at Port Adelaide, here’s a thing that you need to do to be Port Adelaide.

Silly things like if you see someone’s hand on the ground – step on it, that’s Port Adelaide.

I can do that, no problems at all.

https://www.oneononesportssa.com.au/one-on-one-with-george-fiacchi/

Just about kicked the SANFL goal of the year.

What a cracker of a goal. Only way it could have been better was if he bounced his way down the ground rather than dish off 2 short passes and get 2 handball receives.

I noticed his locker in the Magpies change room on Friday night at the Club 1870 event, says Manguru Fredrick not Martin.

Last edited:
What a cracker of a goal. Only way it could have been better was if he bounced his way down the ground rather than dish off 2 passes and get 2 handball receives.

I noticed his locker in the Magpies change room on Friday night at the Club 1870 event, says Manguru Fredrick not Martin.
Is Manguru his birthname and Martin is "englishized"?

The ridiculous thing about that goal is how easy he made it look. Most runners running that far tire and you can see it in their running but it looked effortless for him. Then the kick. Everyone always sprays those kicks after a run like that. That was a textbook kick. It was a piece of art that belonged in a museum.

How’s the nga. Gws “develop” Tom green , the grandson of a 4x Richmond premiership player. Crows get the son of a 4x port premiership legend.

Meanwhile port actually develop a Sudanese Australian and Japanese Australian into possible players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back