Review Round 16 vs Adelaide - The Showdown Win!

GoPorts

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Maybe when he gets up to his fourth striking offence for the season and cops $5k...

NORTH Melbourne midfielder Ben Cunnington has been slapped with a whopping $5000 fine, having been sanctioned for the fifth time this season for striking Jade Gresham.

Cunnington has now been fined a total of $15,500 for five separate offences this year alone, charged four times for striking and once for making careless contact with an umpire.
Didn't you used to get an automatic suspension for three fines?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well I wouldnt say Ken is close to coaching at the top of his game. Not sure what’s wrong pointing out what I thought was valid criticism of a Director and their team in a public forum when this year our President has been lacking IMO.
I actually agree it was a incorrect comparison. Ruccuito was put on the spot by the question. What else could he say? The fact is that the CROW hierachy always go missing after a loss, led spectacularly by their chairman. Yes Koch has pulled his head in - and so he should have, after his foot-in-mouth antics over the last few years. Yes, if Ken & Co are stuffing things up on the footy field we want our board & management to act, but I am happy for it to be behind closed doors.

Either Matt Crouch was on the end of long memories or there was a deliberate mission to target him all night. There was a moment at a stoppage in the third where just over the back shoulder of the field umpire, SPP goes directly at him and drops him with a tucked elbow, simultaneously clearing space for he and Robbie.

Crouch got up and bleated to the ump like a bullied child.

Was refreshing to see us go at these frauds for the first time in far too long.
We've got a great set of naturally aggressive players now, and seem to play best when our emotion is directed and controlled, i.e. when we targeted Max Gawn and now Matt Crouch. This way we set the agenda for the physicality and it's up to the opponent to respond.

We've got a great set of naturally aggressive players now, and seem to play best when our emotion is directed and controlled, i.e. when we targeted Max Gawn and now Matt Crouch. This way we set the agenda for the physicality and it's up to the opponent to respond.
Dixon, Lycett, Howard, Hartlett, Jonas and SPP stand out as guys who wont take s**t from the oppo on field.

Rozee and Butters are s**t stirrers rather than aggressive take no prisoners types, like the above group.

Edit in the Maggies we have Frampton, Ladhams, Garner, Grundy and McKenzie who stand up to the oppo.

Off field we still sound timid when our players talk in the media and don't want to rock the boat.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I actually agree it was a incorrect comparison. Ruccuito was put on the spot by the question. What else could he say? The fact is that the CROW hierachy always go missing after a loss, led spectacularly by their chairman. Yes Koch has pulled his head in - and so he should have, after his foot-in-mouth antics over the last few years. Yes, if Ken & Co are stuffing things up on the footy field we want our board & management to act, but I am happy for it to be behind closed doors.

I want our hierarchy to go missing after a good win.

The last thing in the world I want to see is a s**t eating email from Keith Thomas. Just STFU!

I could live with a short succinct "We played well last week but means nothing if we don't back it up", but none this we've turned the corner s**t we got after the Geelong game.

Actions, not words is what the Supporter base needs KT, I sincerely hope he realises this now.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
I probably haven't posted on here in over two years but I've just come on to say, can we all please chip in to pay Hammers $1500 fine for striking Atkins. Thanks
$1500 to punch Ratkins in the face? I can see a business opportunity.

downloadfile-2.jpg

Dalfino

#BringBackTheBars
May 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Something that occurred to me on the weekend after watching Robbie's game is that he plays his better games as a midfielder because he's not getting reamed in every marking contest. It's actually probably better for his body in terms of soreness to play more midfield minutes rather than getting crunched up forward by most likely the opposition's best defender. Robbie doesn't have a huge tank as he ages but he doesn't necessarily need one if his best work is in getting his arms free and making space in tight in the midfield to release players like Amon, Motlop and SPP.

I think it was in 2017 when he kicked 6 goals and had 30 possessions or something against Carlton at AO and I thought we'd be able to plonk him in a forward pocket as his career winds down and he'd still manage a few goals a game just with his forward craft. His best footy clearly still lies in the midfield so that's something to keep an eye on in the pointy end of this season.

I really felt for the Hoff in the last when he took those 2 marks that were called OOF. You know he would have kicked the goal from the boundary.

Power Plus

Team Captain
Nov 9, 2018
Morphett Vale
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
Eddie threw his Walker out the car window after the game and had to call O'brien windscreens. Later that Knight, he had to Crouch behind a Brown rubbish bin because the Crow supporters wanted to Lynch him. After escaping from the mad Cows, he decided to buy a couple of Gibbs pies, and headed home to play with his geni-Talia.

Eddie threw his Walker out the car window after the game and had to call O'brien windscreens. Later that Knight, he had to Crouch behind a Brown rubbish bin because the Crow supporters wanted to Lynch him. After escaping from the mad Cows, he decided to buy a couple of Gibbs pies, and headed home to play with his geni-Talia.
Better than I thought that would be, but on principle can't give that a like

Amarula

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Western suburbs (Melb)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Indomitable Lions
Something that occurred to me on the weekend after watching Robbie's game is that he plays his better games as a midfielder because he's not getting reamed in every marking contest. It's actually probably better for his body in terms of soreness to play more midfield minutes rather than getting crunched up forward by most likely the opposition's best defender. Robbie doesn't have a huge tank as he ages but he doesn't necessarily need one if his best work is in getting his arms free and making space in tight in the midfield to release players like Amon, Motlop and SPP.

I think it was in 2017 when he kicked 6 goals and had 30 possessions or something against Carlton at AO and I thought we'd be able to plonk him in a forward pocket as his career winds down and he'd still manage a few goals a game just with his forward craft. His best footy clearly still lies in the midfield so that's something to keep an eye on in the pointy end of this season.
Interesting perspective, you may well be right about his prolonging his career as a mid due to being less buffeted there than he's likely to be in attack.
Robbie is important to our midfield as a point-of-difference to our other mids. He uses the ball much better, has more skill and less bash-&-crash, and is less predictable and therefore much harder to counter. We're a much more effective team with a fully-fit Robbie doing lots of midfield time.

Robbie isn't as powerful or fast as a lot of midfielders but that doesn't stop him from being one of the best going around. He always seem to have so much time when he wins possession, and has a side-step that catches opponents off-guard. He's great to watch when he's on-song.

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's so easy to bash Hinkley after literally every single loss we'll ever have for the remainder of his tenure, but back in Round 8 we were missing half our team, Burton went down in the first five minutes and we were still almost as close as moving Howard forward sooner to winning that one.

This win will be massive in the sense that we know that we can beat them now.

I probably haven't posted on here in over two years but I've just come on to say, can we all please chip in to pay Hammers $1500 fine for striking Atkins. Thanks

If that's the going rate to punch Ratkins I might have to dip into my savings.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Did we kick the last 9 or 10 goals of the match?
After Walker kicked that goal and point early in the 3rd quarter the score was 6.2 to 5.12. Then Slyce steps up kicks his goal and the final score was 15.11 to 5.14 so we kicked the last 9 goals.
We had kicked the last three goals before Walker opened Q3 with a major. Hence, we kicked 12 of the last 13 goals.

I have already written this here. The match was 4.8:32-3.1:19 during Q2. That was WL's highest point of the day.

From then onwards, the match went 12.10:82-1.6:12 for the good guys.

----

P.S.:
The match had three parts - a very short, a short, and a long:

Q1) It started equal - Port 2.0:12; WL 1.1:8
Q1/Q2) WL had advantage - Port 1.1:8; WL 3.7:25
Q2-Q4) Port took control - Port 12.10:82; WL 1.6:12

Last edited:
Back