FTA-TV Footy Classified

Sep 4, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
These types of shows are at their worst when the personal attacks on rival outlets/journalists get underway. Mick Warner pisses me off too sometimes but honestly, it was a massive circlejerk to put up that list of things he's been angry about.
Didn’t like that at all. Was so petty and they all found it to be the funniest thing ever.

Mick Warner is a representation in the media for the average fan at the moment and the fact that the FC blokes were potting him reinforces how they too, are out of touch with the fans

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Didn’t like that at all. Was so petty and they all found it to be the funniest thing ever.

Mick Warner is a representation in the media for the average fan at the moment and the fact that the FC blokes were potting him reinforces how they too, are out of touch with the fans
To be fair, Warner is the definition of biased journalism in footy. His whole shtick is to be constantly critical of the AFL with incredible levels of smug. The "Gil goes to Hawaii" story was ridiculous.

as soon as you realise Hutchy is word-for-word copying the style and mannerisms and way of hosting/orchestrating shows from Eddie, you can't help but notice with every single thing he says. getting good at trying to promote his agenda in that matter-of-fact way

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
as soon as you realise Hutchy is word-for-word copying the style and mannerisms and way of hosting/orchestrating shows from Eddie, you can't help but notice with every single thing he says. getting good at trying to promote his agenda in that matter-of-fact way
And despite being the copier he's probably much wealthier than Eddie at this point.

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yep, right down to 'mighty' and 'magnificent' which he rolls out in every other sentence.
Still, I'd rather have a beer with Hutchy than Eddie. Hutchy doesn't pretend to be a man of the people and has a thick skin. Eddie is just another humourless suit

slashin_velvet

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, STL Blues
Yep, right down to 'mighty' and 'magnificent' which he rolls out in every other sentence.
Still, I'd rather have a beer with Hutchy than Eddie. Hutchy doesn't pretend to be a man of the people and has a thick skin. Eddie is just another humourless suit
I'd go for the OG rather than the cheap imitation

Nov 9, 2007
The honorable loss factory
AFL Club
Carlton
Indeed! I almost wanted to turn off when I saw Barrett was hosting - you would find better hosts in a Petri dish

while i agree i think he's still better than hutchinson.

i loved when he said carlton were the first team to sack the coach this year then judd and wilson both said north did it first. there was a little moment of self doubt.

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
Had a look at the show again tonight, still seems to have run out of energy.

Caro's Arrow was probably her lamest one ever, complaining about Brereton's commentary of Port going after Neale that Brereton has been commentating like for decades. Yawn.

Caro was getting outraged about Neale's treatment in an earlier segment too. It always was hyperbolic towards issues like this but seems even more desperate now.

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Caro nailed it. Nailed IT.

Dermie crapping on with some tough guy crap in the first quarter - even though Port were getting smashed, was utterly crap.

'Big Charlie' is a hack.
Lachie Neale is a gun.

What parallel Alice in wonderland world was Dermott living in?

He wants to suck off 'Big Charlie' but disrespects a true gun in Neale.

Embarrassing homo-erotica.

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Had a look at the show again tonight, still seems to have run out of energy.

Caro's Arrow was probably her lamest one ever, complaining about Brereton's commentary of Port going after Neale that Brereton has been commentating like for decades. Yawn.

Caro was getting outraged about Neale's treatment in an earlier segment too. It always was hyperbolic towards issues like this but seems even more desperate now.
Disagree vehemently.
I was watching at the time and was just so embarrassed at how clueless Dermott is. The man is a moron.
Its a big issue. Neale is top 5 in the AFL. Dermott flogging on about complete 1970s crap while the blokes he was sucking off were getting absolutely THRASHED. Caro made a good point. Hinkley's failed tactics were a big story.

Back