Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
Apart from Stringer and Fantasia we don't have match winners, we have a team full of match savers.
Francis / Begley could get there IF coached properly.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Apart from Stringer and Fantasia we don't have match winners, we have a team full of match savers.
Francis / Begley could get there IF coached properly.
707A3F92-B9E2-496F-B2CC-BC62459CFCF6.jpeg

Aug 6, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
I will throw this out there for what it is worth. Had a couple of conversations during the week which the topic was the coach. First one was from someone who has some contacts within the club who said Worsfold will be gone at the end of the year regardless. May want to head home as his family is already back in Perth.

From a different source who is very reliable I got there will be 2 more coaching changes at the end of the season. Would not name clubs but he has been 90% on the money as far as info I have gained from him in the past. Would be thinking it is the Saints and us.

As a side note Sam McClure on SEN the other morning put his neck right out saying Brad Scott will be coaching next season. Hope it is not us.
Why don't you rate Scott?

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Can anyone give a summary of his 360 interview?

Unsurprisingly he said next to nothing.

We’re not building a team to win a final, we’re building a team to win a flag. They didn’t press him on this such as whether he made a recent shift to play more young blokes in place of Myers, Bags etc. Which they should have.

Positional moves such as Hooker forward or McKernan into the ruck aren’t straightforward because you’re always giving up something in one area, and that could hurt you. Example was Hooker out of the backline.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Unsurprisingly he said next to nothing.

We’re not building a team to win a final, we’re building a team to win a flag. They didn’t press him on this such as whether he made a recent shift to play more young blokes in place of Myers, Bags etc. Which they should have.

Positional moves such as Hooker forward or McKernan into the ruck aren’t straightforward because you’re always giving up something in one area, and that could hurt you. Example was Hooker out of the backline.

It was always going to be a fluff interview because they framed it as a happy story that we've won 4 of the last 5.

at least needs to make finals.

ideally though we should be at least winning one...

Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Miami Dolphins
I will throw this out there for what it is worth. Had a couple of conversations during the week which the topic was the coach. First one was from someone who has some contacts within the club who said Worsfold will be gone at the end of the year regardless. May want to head home as his family is already back in Perth.

From a different source who is very reliable I got there will be 2 more coaching changes at the end of the season. Would not name clubs but he has been 90% on the money as far as info I have gained from him in the past. Would be thinking it is the Saints and us.

As a side note Sam McClure on SEN the other morning put his neck right out saying Brad Scott will be coaching next season. Hope it is not us.
Brad Scott to the Saints.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Video in link

I wouldn't bother. He said nothing of interest. It was mostly dorothy dixers about the coaching biz in general. Was mildly annoying a few times when he tried to expand on an answer he was cut off by others.

Seems that way but next year he's on his last chance if we start season poorly again and are struggling to make finals he gets the boot.
He is saying all the right things at the moment though. At least if there is a poor start to the season next year, Alistair Clarkeson will also be out of contract at the end of the year.

Blood Bomber

Team Captain
May 19, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I really haven't listened to John since about rd3. Just not good for my love of ❤🖤
It's not that I hate him I just find him sooooooooooooooo frustrating.

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades
I wouldn't bother. He said nothing of interest. It was mostly dorothy dixers about the coaching biz in general. Was mildly annoying a few times when he tried to expand on an answer he was cut off by others.
Yeah they were shocking like that last night, like Huddo just wanted to talk to his Geelong mate and couldn't help himself cutting Woosha off.

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
That's probably what happens when you give * all 99% of the time. The media are only interested in John when he is on the verge of being sacked. There's no story in his ramblings about chemistry and how its his first year again.

Back