Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley

Sack him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you have to look at it like this - Ken was similar when we first started with him - and why hasn't Monty landed a senior job yet?

How will people feel if Hinkley walks to Carlton, ends up winning a flag and we end up languishing mid table?

(just playing devils advocate) as a week is a long time in footy.
That's a risk I would be willing to take.

I guess you have to look at it like this - Ken was similar when we first started with him - and why hasn't Monty landed a senior job yet?

How will people feel if Hinkley walks to Carlton, ends up winning a flag and we end up languishing mid table?

(just playing devils advocate) as a week is a long time in footy.
Well anything can happen if all the planets align at the same time.
Monty may have come to Port with the purpose to get the head coaching position eventually. He may well have been given that impression by Koch and Kieth when he decided to come, the chance to coach a talented list at a club he has fond memories with.

The same could be said for Schofield, surely they don't want to be assistants for ever. It might be that they have seen how many Port assistants have become senior coaches.

Or maybe he is not as bad as the mob suggests

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well if he can harness this form more consistently I am sure that no one wants him gone but he has had a long time, a lot of resources and a very good list and he still can't seem to manage it.

He can stay if we can play like we did on Saturday consistently. Oh and STFU about there has to be a loser stuff.

One showdown win sure brings the backslider out in people
I hope you don't mean me. Because i would bet my house and your smashed avo on him not being able to do it consistently and therefore he doesn't keep his job. He hasn't been able to be anything other than consistently s**t for 7 years so how would he suddenly come good?

Well if he can harness this form more consistently

He can't. If he could, he would have done it by now. He can't even master it's precursor, which is consistency of game style. It's something other much-maligned, long-tenured coaches, like Hardwick and Buckley, sorted out before their sides came good.

The run-and-gun-through-the-corridor football we played on Saturday is exactly what Hinkley and co were talking about at the start of the season, isn't it? Well, where's it been all year? I accept that some games and conditions will dictate a change in structure and approach (like the Footscray game two weeks ago), but they're in the minority.

We need to play good, hard, consistent, attacking football over our next four games. If we do, and each of those games results in a win or a loss where the fans (not our platitude-spewing coach) admit that "we played great football, they just played a bit better", maybe I'll admit that Hinkley has, at least temporarily, mastered consistency of game style. But I won't hold my breath, because we've had 6.5 seasons of him not doing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d immediately take the infinitesmal chance of it happening if it meant he’d fu** off right now

Well actually, it's a 50% chance that it would happen.

(just kidding, been reading that other thread)

I want Hinkley gone as much as the next muppet. But this thing where posters claim to have seen the influence of Schofield / Monty / whoever the most recently hired assistant is when we win, and go stacks on Hinkley and the longest serving assistants when we lose is just such utter horse s**t.
Disagree.

Just look at the game styles.

That's all you have to do.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Caro on Footy Classified put a bit of heat on Chris Judd about any Carlton interest in Hinkley. He dead batted her, but Caro smiled knowingly.

Caro on Footy Classified put a bit of heat on Chris Judd about any Carlton interest in Hinkley. He dead batted her, but Caro smiled knowingly.
Is that why she asked the question about paying Teague more than his assistants wage? She said you will understand why I asked that later, but she hasn't brought it up.

Is that why she asked the question about paying Teague more than his assistants wage? She said you will understand why I asked that later, but she hasn't brought it up.

I had it on in the background, stopped paying attention after they spoke about the Showdown. Caro asked him his opinion on someone's (missed the name) view that Carlton would be a good destination for Hinkley and there could be a parting of the ways with Port. Caro was testing out whatever she has heard on Judd as Carlton's football director. He offered nothing in response.

Bartell reckons those plays where we were cutting through them with quick instinctive handball is "typical" Hinkley. Trusting the players to make the split second decision whilst running in waves. Make of that whatever.
Classic Hinkley handballing the job of making decisions to the players.

Okay okay that’s enough posting for one night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back