Davo-27

Sep 9, 2006
Box Hill Hawks
i thought i would start this thread up and add a list of players to watch out for in 2020, the Victorian Talent was a bit weak at the u16 championships so that is a concern, i have highlighted players i think are the top 30 talent going into 2020, SA seems the strongest seeing as they poached Taj Schofield from WA who were their biggest rivals for the 2020 u18 champs it seems, TAS has 3-4 good players, Syd A has 2 good players, GCS has a talented youngster and Bris has a possible talent also in their academy, with both Victorian regions not as strong, we could see the Allies finish 3rd in next years Champs?, but obviously things can change and players can be found or uncovered.

WA
O'Driscoll - big bodied mid, was very impressive in this years u18 champs and dominated the last game against VC to win WA the title this year, AA u16
Grainger-Barrass - tall defender who also impressed in the last game against VC, stepping up to the plate and intercept marking everything that came his way, AA u16
McDonald - kicked 2 goals against VC in the decider and was a good leading forw throughout the champs for WA, AA u16
Yaacob - MVP in u16 champs, i have not seen him play yet, so im excited to see what he can do
Walker - also had a good u16 champs for WA, have not seen him yet either, AA u16
Trew - AA in u16 champs
Western - in u18 champs squad this year
Sears - in u18 champs squad this year

SA
Durdin - small speedy forw/mid who had a positive impact on SA champs this year, added run and goal kicking ability and was SA's MVP in their u16 champs, AA u16
Edwards - was a tower of strength for SA at half back and is F/S to Adel although thats not confirmed, AA u16
Thilthorpe - SA ruck that had a great u16 champs, i have not seen as yet, but i hope to next season, AA u16
Dumesny - looked stable off of half back in this years champs, only got 1 game but i liked what i saw from him
Nelligan - had a good u16 champs for SA have not seen yet
Kraemer - had a good u16 champs for SA have not seen yet
Baldwin - had a good champs in u16 have not seen yet, AA u16
Sinderberry - AA in the u16 champs
Horsnell - in u18 champs squad this year
Taj Schofield - another i have not seen yet, but had a good u16 champs for WA?, AA u16

VM
W.Phillips - was MVP for VM in the u16 champs, have liked him this season and the little i saw of him at the champs, AA u16
Downie - Hawks NGA and has been good for East this season, had an ok game in the champs this season against VC
Clarke - i have loved what i have seen from him this year, im unsure he played the u16 champs, great half back
Macrae - has been quite good for Oakleigh this season, unsure if he played u16 either
Ford - has developed a solid marking game, thought he was good in the trials but didnt get selected for the champs
Cox - showed a bit for VM in this years champs, tall rangey kid with potential
Cardillo - i like this creative forward, solid player and can take a fine mark and kick a good goal
Jenkins - has been a good player this year, look forward to seeing him in the champs next season as well
Major - has been injured this yr but had a good u16 champs
Hipwell - ive seen good and bad performances from him, loves a goal and has raw potential
Edwardes - was good at the u16 champs have not seen a lot of him play, AA u16

VC
Bruhn - VC's MVP, has been injured, have yet to see him play, AA u16
Hollands - has had a good season in the nableague so far and had a solid champs, AA u16
Lazzaro - really tough in and under mid, has been good in the nableague this season
O Henry - tall defender who has gone forw and has been a good underager
Z Reid - playing tall defender for Gipps this year has been solid
Gribble - has been a good player for Geel off of half back
Berry - has come from nowhere, strong bodied mid who im unsure if played u16
Treacy - has been consistent and improving, gone forw and is kicking goals now, unsure if he played u16
Gay - electrifying forw, speed can kick a goal, defensive pressure forw
Ugle-Hagan - tall forw who can take a good mark and is starting to kick bags of goals
Conforti - inside mid, a bit sloppy with disposal but gets the ball going forw
Maher - had a good u16 champs, have yet to see him play
Brauer - had a good u16 champs, have yet to see him play
Baxter - AA in the u16 champs

Allies
Gulden - star little mid, was one of the best allies this year and look forward to seeing him next champs, won NSW MVP, AA u16
Davies - solid mid from GCS A, didnt see him in the champs this season, but he looks a good player, AA u16
Campbell - another good prospect from Syd A for next season, not as good as Gulden, AA u16
Davis - in and under mid from TAS, played 1 ok-good game for the allies and then got dropped? TAS has a strong group in the 2020 pool, AA u16
Collins - good kpp/3rd tall depending on physical development, has had a great season, was a bit over awed by the champs this season, won TAS MVP, AA u16
Callow - kicking bags of goals in the nableague, i think he should have gotten a game for the allies this season, but we'll see him next year, TAS, AA u16
Walker - a tallish smooth half back and possible mid?, the 4th TAS player i think will likely get drafted
Crozier - BLA won QLD's MVP at u16 champs
Jeffrey - NT player who played most if not all allies games this year, was an ok half back

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Kobe Tozer will be in the Allies academy as an over ager, having lost the last two seasons to injury.

I genuinely hope the kid hasn’t lost any of his athleticism to injury.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Once again, subbed.

Names I'm familiar with:

Darby Hipwell.
Zach Dumesny.
Taj Schofield.
Luke Edwards.
Eddie Ford.
Tanner Bruhn.
Charlie Lazzaro.
Corey Durdin.
Will Schreiber.
Riley Thilthorpe.
James Borlase.
Kaine Baldwin.
Zane Trew.
Will Phillips.
Ollie Davis.
Sam Collins.
Isaac Chugg.
Noah Gadsby.
Denver Grainger-Barrass.
Tahj Abberley.
Elijah Hollands.
Salele Feagaimalii.
Logan McDonald.
Brandon Walker.
Chris Walker.
Joel Western.
Jamarra Ugle-Hagan.
Cooper Horsnell.
James Higgins.
Henry Nelligan.
Errol Gulden.
Nick Stevens.
Ben Major.
Lachlan Ford.
Sam Tucker.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
U15 2017 All-Australian team photo.

BACK:

SAM TUCKER: VICTORIA
HARRY BEASLEY: VICTORIA
JAMES BORLASE: SOUTH AUSTRALIA
JOSH GREEN: NSW/ACT
BEN MAJOR: VICTORIA
SALELE FEAGAMIALII: VICTORIA
ELIJAH HOLLANDS: VICTORIA

MIDDLE:

NICK STEVENS: VICTORIA
RILEY THILTHORPE: SOUTH AUSTRALIA
DARBY HIPWELL: VICTORIA
WILL SCHREIBER: SOUTH AUSTRALIA
COREY DURDIN: SOUTH AUSTRALIA
NOAH GADSBY: VICTORIA
TAJ SCHOFIELD: WESTERN AUSTRALIA
ISAAC CHUGG: TASMANIA
WILL PHILLIPS: VICTORIA

FRONT:

ZACH DUMESNY: SOUTH AUSTRALIA
TANNER BRUHN: VICTORIA
KAINE BALDWIN: SOUTH AUSTRALIA
CHARLIE LAZZARO: VICTORIA
LUKE EDWARDS: SOUTH AUSTRALIA
JOSH WARD: VICTORIA
LACHLAN FORD: QUEENSLAND
THOMAS FITZPATRICK: VICTORIA

ABSENT = BLAKE ARGUS FROM NEW SOUTH WALES.

Davo-27

Sep 9, 2006
Box Hill Hawks
i know its early, but my prediction for number 1 pick is Nathan O'Driscoll - Perth - 182cm 75kg, he was really good in the u18 champs this year, Luke Edwards is another that really impressed at Half back, but O'Driscoll looks a more well rounded key strong midfielder.

others who have impressed me have been Will Phillips, Lazarro, Grainger-Barrass, McDonald, Durdin, Dumesny, Clarke, Downie, Macrae, Cardillo, Hollands, Berry, Treacy, Ugle-Hagan, Gulden, Davis, Collins and Callow. (early guess at round 1)

the rest i have thought were ok or have yet to see them, so cant justify calling them good atm.

Dede

May 10, 2019
Sandy
This draft looks way better then 2019 draft imo my top 4 atm
Gulden top pick atm
Perkins from Sandy
Clarke
Salelli

Dede

May 10, 2019
Sandy
Wonder how the hawks play the trade period this year with the 2 NGA players both who would be top 30 atm..

TheGeneralmeg

May 16, 2019
GWS
Kobe Tozer will be in the Allies academy as an over ager, having lost the last two seasons to injury.

I genuinely hope the kid hasn’t lost any of his athleticism to injury.
The Allies could have really done with him this year . Would have kicked goals and allowed the smalls to crumb off him . In the last game v SA we had 180 cm small forwards playing chf competing against Will Gould

Aug 21, 2016
I think it’ll be a very strong draft year for wa and sa, though it’s still 18 months away so plenty of time for kids to develop. There looks to be lots of good young forwards in this class hollands, mcdonald, ford, ugle-hagan, callow, Cardillo to name a few

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
Let's see all of the notable names here.

Eligible F/S:

Luke Edwards (Tyson, Adelaide.) (Also the brother of Jackson, Adelaide.)
Harrison Free (Tony, Richmond.)
Tom Grant (David, St Kilda.) (Not eligible for Melbourne.)
Mackenzie Hogg (Matthew, Carlton.) (Not eligible for Footscray.)
William Kilpatrick (Glenn, Geelong.) (Not eligible for Essendon.)
Ewan MacPherson (Stephen, Footscray.) (Also, the younger brother of Darcy, Gold Coast.)
Charlie McKay (Andrew, Carlton.) (Also the younger brother of Carlton's Abbie McKay.)
Riley Prestigiacomo (Simon, Collingwood.)
Taj Schofield (Jarrad.) (Eligible for Port Adelaide but not West Coast or Fremantle.)

Brothers:

Ollie Henry (Jack, Geelong.)
Finlay Macrae (Jackson, Footscray.)
Henry Walsh (Sam, Carlton.)
Sam Witherden (Alex, Brisbane.)

First Cousins:

Ineligible F/S:

Elijah Hollands (Ben, Richmond.)

Other relations:

Tom Silvagni's section.

Tom is the:

Son of Stephen Silvagni.
Brother of Jack and Ben Silvagni.
Grandson of Sergio Silvagni.
Distant cousin of Alex Silvagni.
Distant cousin of John Benetti.

All of Tom's relations listed played for Carlton but Alex also played for Fremantle.

Will Papley's section.

Will is the:

Brother of Tom Papley.
Grandson of Max Papley.
Grandson of Jeff Bray.
Cousin of Ben and Michael Ross.

Ben and Michael Ross played for teams (Kangaroos and Hawthorn and Essendon respectively) that didn't involve South Melbourne/Sydney.

Will Parker's section.

Will is the:

Cousin of Eastern Ranges teammate Connor Weightman.
Nephew of Dale Weightman. (Richmond.)
Nephew of Geoffrey Parker. (Essendon.)
Cousin of Leigh Colbert. (Geelong/Kangaroos.)

Will Parker is also a possible cousin of Coburg player Josh Weightman.​

Cadillac

Mar 25, 2016
Another 4 for Ugle-Hagan today.
That’s 12 goals in 3 NAB league games for him now as a bottom ager.
If he keeps it up he will be one of the top prospects in the draft.
A6468C88-8BC3-4099-A504-38E95D658F86.jpeg

Davo-27

Sep 9, 2006
Box Hill Hawks
2020 will possibly break records for most Tasmanians drafted in 1 year?.

1. Oliver Davis - 181cm 75kg, is a talented inside mid already averaging 23 disp, 2.9 marks and 7.3 tackles and over 5 clearances a game and 6 i50's a game, in the nableague as an under ager, even before seeing his stats i spotted him as a talent and he is one to look out for next year, was disappointed he only got the 1 game in the u18 champs this season, i felt he stood out in that game as one of the allies best, even though he only had 10 disp in that game, but he got dropped for older players who are bigger bodies and pushing for 2019 selection, early guess at draft range would be first round somewhere.

2. Sam Collins - 187cm 79kg, won the MVP for Tas at the u16 champs, played 1 game in the u18 champs and was a bit overwhelmed against Vic Country and played ordinarily, was replaced with older players as well, but he has been great in the academy series and for Tas in the nableague so far this season as CHB, next season being 187cm if he doesnt grow should be more of a hbf and provide more long disposal out of defence and intercept marking a bit more like Hayden Young this year, he is averaging 18.1 disp, 6 marks and 2.1 tackles, with over 5.5 r50's a game as an underager, early guess at draft range would be first-second round.

3. Jackson Callow
- 193cm 94kg, tall forw who can kick bags of goals, has played 9 games and kicked 16 goals as an underager in the nableague, averages 11.2 disp, 5.6 marks, 1.6 tackles, 2 i50's, plays mainly as a FF, kicking nearly 2 goals per game for an underage tall forw they are good numbers, early guess at draft range (well it depends on how he improves, could go very early if he kicks a lot of goals and impresses with performances or could go mid draft if not as impressive?

4. Patrick Walker
- 185cm 77kg, medium sized defender who is very athletic and has good use of the footy as well as a good mark, averages 16.8 disp, 4 marks, 1.8 tackles, 5.5 r50's, as well as kicking 4 goals in 10 games in the nableague in his underage year, early guess at draft range is round 2-3

5. Jye Menzie
- 177cm 73kg, a goal sneak, who could work his way into draft calculations, ive seen good and ordinary games from Menzie, but he seems to have a knack for kicking goals and i thought i would add him to potential Tas draftees, averages this season 10.2 disp, 3.5 marks, 2.1 tackles, 2 i50's 10 goals in 10 games, he is more of a rough chance to be drafted, early guess at draft range is last half of the draft.

with potentially more being uncovered next season?

i think the first 4 are very draftable, Menzie is more of an unknown and depending on his draft year, i would expect them to be playing for the Allies next year and with them the Allies have a good core group of skilled Tassie players to have a good carnival imo.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
Durdin is all class, he could well make his league SANFL debut before the year is out

He is a big contested ball winner from looking at his clearance stats at under 18 level. What I liked watching the champs is that he seemed to have a burst of speed. Was that deceptive or is he quick? Do we reckon he has some growth in him? 173 is very short.

Davo-27

Sep 9, 2006
Box Hill Hawks
Height is a major issue. Can't see growing much more if parents are any indication. Great speed and change of direction

good enough player that his height wont stop him from being drafted, but it might mean he is drafted later than his talent might suggest, at 173cm it becomes a bit of an issue in the modern game.

Davo-27

Sep 9, 2006
Box Hill Hawks
so far my list for 2020 i have yet to see all the talent but its a work in progress atm, i probably wont see much of the WA and SA talent until next year (except for the half a dozen i saw at this years champs)

2020 Talent - good underagers
Vic Country
Charlie Lazzaro (Geel)177cm 73kg
Noah Gribble (Geel)179cm 68kg
Oliver Henry (Geel)186cm 72kg
Tanner Bruhn (Geel)182cm 73kg
Charlie Brauer (Geel)183cm 68kg*
Elijah Hollands (Murr)188cm 80kg
Zavier Maher (Murr)183cm 82kg
Deakyn Smith (Dand)179cm 65kg*
Jai Neal (Dand)191cm 80kg*
Clayton Gay (Dand)183cm 71kg
Sam Conforti (Bend)173cm 65kg*
Josh Treacy (Bend)192cm 88kg
Jack Tillig (GWV)185cm 81kg*
Nick Stevens (GWV)191cm 86kg* WB NGA?
Sam Berry (Gipps)180cm 82kg
Zach Reid (Gipps)200cm 77kg*
Ryan Angwin (Gipps)181cm 62kg*
-----------------------------------------
Vic Metro
Josh Clarke (East)181cm 65kg
Will Parker (East)180cm 76kg*
Salele Feagaimalii (East)186cm 99kg* Haw NGA
Conor Downie (East)183cm 81kg Haw NGA
Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (Oak)194cm 79kg WB NGA
Will Phillips (Oak)179cm 78kg
Lochlan Jenkins (Oak)177cm 76kg
Giorgio Varagiannis (Oak)175 73kg*
Fraser Elliot (Oak)187cm 86kg*
Finlay Macrae (Oak)184cm 73kg
Darby Hipwell (Sand)181cm 78kg
Eddie Ford (West)186cm 80kg
Jackson Cardillo (Cald)185cm 77kg
Flynn Lakey (Cald)171cm 70kg*
Nikolas Cox (North)197cm 80kg
Ewan MacPherson (North)178cm 82kg WB F/S
------------------------------------------
Allies
Alex Davies (GCS A)190cm 80kg
Errol Gulden (Syd A)173cm 70kg
Braeden Campbell (Syd A)178cm 71kg
Sam Collins (Tas)187cm 79kg
Oliver Davis (Tas)181cm 75kg
Jackson Callow (Tas)193cm 94kg
Pat Walker (Tas)185cm 77kg
Jye Menzie (Tas)177cm 73kg*
WA
Nathan O'Driscoll (Perth)182cm 75kg
Logan McDonald (Perth)192cm 84kg
Denver Grainger-Barrass (Swan Dist)192cm 77kg
SA
Luke Edwards (Glenlg)187cm 79kg Adel F/S?(not sure he wants to be F/S)
Corey Durdin (C Dist)173cm 70kg
Riley Thilthorpe (W Adel)199cm 96kg
Taj Schoefield (WWT)176cm 71kg
Zac Dumesny (S Adel)186cm 77kg

* = not 100% sure yet

flipper83

Jul 18, 2012
so far my list for 2020 i have yet to see all the talent but its a work in progress atm, i probably wont see much of the WA and SA talent until next year (except for the half a dozen i saw at this years champs)

Vic Country
Nick Stevens (GWV)191cm 86kg*
Vic Metro
Ewan MacPherson (North)178cm 82kg
Allies
WA
SA

* = not 100% sure yet
Just a couple of notes, Nick Stevens is Bulldogs NGA and Ewan McPherson is father son to the dogs. Would love your thoughts on these two and Ugle-Hagan if you've seen much of them.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs

Vic Country
Nick Stevens (GWV)191cm 86kg*
Vic Metro
Ewan MacPherson (North)178cm 82kg
Allies
WA
SA

* = not 100% sure yet
Add Zach Reid to the list for Country, trust me

Davo-27

Sep 9, 2006
Box Hill Hawks
Just a couple of notes, Nick Stevens is Bulldogs NGA and Ewan McPherson is father son to the dogs. Would love your thoughts on these two and Ugle-Hagan if you've seen much of them.

have not seen a big sample size of them play, but all 3 have some talent, Ugle-Hagan is a tallish leading forward who has been kicking a few goals recently, i liked what i saw from him last year as well, MacPherson seems a strong half back and can use the footy well and Stevens i remember he played a good game earlier in the year then got injured so i cant remember a hell of a lot about him other than he seemed ok at the time, still a bit unsure on them as i like to add players when i see talent, but it takes at least 4-5 games to understand how they play and be confident in a read and with some players ive seen approx 20 games by the time the draft comes along so at this stage i cant really make a solid read just tell you they are ones to look out for in their draft year.

Add Zach Reid to the list for Country, trust me

i added him to the list of players to look out for.

Let's see all of the notable names here.

Eligible F/S:

Luke Edwards (Tyson, Adelaide.) (Also the brother of Jackson, Adelaide.)
Harrison Free (Tony, Richmond.)
Tom Grant (David, St Kilda.) (Not eligible for Melbourne.)
Mackenzie Hogg (Matthew, Carlton.) (Not eligible for Footscray.)
William Kilpatrick (Glenn, Geelong.) (Not eligible for Essendon.)
Ewan MacPherson (Stephen, Footscray.) (Also, the younger brother of Darcy, Gold Coast.)
Charlie McKay (Andrew, Carlton.) (Also the younger brother of Carlton's Abbie McKay.)
Riley Prestigiacomo (Simon, Collingwood.)
Taj Schofield (Jarrad.) (Eligible for Port Adelaide but not West Coast or Fremantle.)

Brothers:

Ollie Henry (Jack, Geelong.)
Finlay Macrae (Jackson, Footscray.)
Will Phillips (Tom, Collingwood and, Ed, St Kilda.)
Henry Walsh (Sam, Carlton.)
Sam Witherden (Alex, Brisbane.)

First Cousins:

Ineligible F/S:

Elijah Hollands (Ben, Richmond.)

Other relations:

Tom Silvagni's section.

Tom is the:

Son of Stephen Silvagni.
Brother of Jack and Ben Silvagni.
Grandson of Sergio Silvagni.
Distant cousin of Alex Silvagni.
Distant cousin of John Benetti.

All of Tom's relations listed played for Carlton but Alex also played for Fremantle.

Will Papley's section.

Will is the:

Brother of Tom Papley.
Grandson of Max Papley.
Grandson of Jeff Bray.
Cousin of Ben and Michael Ross.

Ben and Michael Ross played for teams (Kangaroos and Hawthorn and Essendon respectively) that didn't involve South Melbourne/Sydney.​
Just FYI mate Will Phillips is not related to Tom & Ed

May 29, 2016
Tasmania
Tasmania
Tasmania Devils
2020 will possibly break records for most Tasmanians drafted in 1 year?.

1. Oliver Davis - 181cm 75kg, is a talented inside mid already averaging 23 disp, 2.9 marks and 7.3 tackles and over 5 clearances a game and 6 i50's a game, in the nableague as an under ager, even before seeing his stats i spotted him as a talent and he is one to look out for next year, was disappointed he only got the 1 game in the u18 champs this season, i felt he stood out in that game as one of the allies best, even though he only had 10 disp in that game, but he got dropped for older players who are bigger bodies and pushing for 2019 selection, early guess at draft range would be first round somewhere.

2. Sam Collins - 187cm 79kg, won the MVP for Tas at the u16 champs, played 1 game in the u18 champs and was a bit overwhelmed against Vic Country and played ordinarily, was replaced with older players as well, but he has been great in the academy series and for Tas in the nableague so far this season as CHB, next season being 187cm if he doesnt grow should be more of a hbf and provide more long disposal out of defence and intercept marking a bit more like Hayden Young this year, he is averaging 18.1 disp, 6 marks and 2.1 tackles, with over 5.5 r50's a game as an underager, early guess at draft range would be first-second round.

3. Jackson Callow
- 193cm 94kg, tall forw who can kick bags of goals, has played 9 games and kicked 16 goals as an underager in the nableague, averages 11.2 disp, 5.6 marks, 1.6 tackles, 2 i50's, plays mainly as a FF, kicking nearly 2 goals per game for an underage tall forw they are good numbers, early guess at draft range (well it depends on how he improves, could go very early if he kicks a lot of goals and impresses with performances or could go mid draft if not as impressive?

4. Patrick Walker
- 185cm 77kg, medium sized defender who is very athletic and has good use of the footy as well as a good mark, averages 16.8 disp, 4 marks, 1.8 tackles, 5.5 r50's, as well as kicking 4 goals in 10 games in the nableague in his underage year, early guess at draft range is round 2-3

5. Jye Menzie
- 177cm 73kg, a goal sneak, who could work his way into draft calculations, ive seen good and ordinary games from Menzie, but he seems to have a knack for kicking goals and i thought i would add him to potential Tas draftees, averages this season 10.2 disp, 3.5 marks, 2.1 tackles, 2 i50's 10 goals in 10 games, he is more of a rough chance to be drafted, early guess at draft range is last half of the draft.

with potentially more being uncovered next season?

i think the first 4 are very draftable, Menzie is more of an unknown and depending on his draft year, i would expect them to be playing for the Allies next year and with them the Allies have a good core group of skilled Tassie players to have a good carnival imo.
There’s is more to be uncovered as I know a guy who was supposed to be in the Tasmanian devil squad (trust me I’ve seen him play and I’ve talked to him), but is out due to an unfortunate PCL injury and his name is Ryan Hapka, Also Lachlan BorsBoom is a Smokey, but I can’t see him making the draft.