What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Jan 1, 2015
Hoppers Crossing
Exactly. Adams is a perfect example of today's blame culture. Always looking for someone else to blame, never for once considering it may be them, a victim of circumstance, bad luck or maybe, just maybe the fact they got themselves far to top heavy.

Nothing but contempt for him.

Clay, Libba, Bob, Red, Roarke, Mitch, half our team in 16...surely poor Marcus had some company during his rehab time with us.

I can’t imagine warm caring players like the Bont or Moz not showing care and respect for Adam. Not sure who he was having a go at, but it won’t go unnoticed by the players.

stefoid

Mar 8, 2002
home
Think Toby can be that small forward we want. Can pressure, can mark, can tackle, can create, can kick, can move well. Just a case of can he consistently. If not this year, should be the goal of preseason to prepare for it.
Our last three games have been the closest to the manic pressure of 2016 and Toby was a hugely underrated part of that, particularly in the last minutes of Prelim. Midfield is stacked and I think he has attributes the others don’t as a forward. Him in a one out open situation I would back in both in air and on ground if we get the forward structure correct. Time is still on his and our side in that development.

You would think so, and its where he started with us. Everyone wants to play midfield but not everyone can. We need good small forwards and he can be one.

worbod

Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
Liverpool
Here's what they're not saying:

I was puzzled today that the Herald-Sun did not provide a match review of our game in the newspaper, yet the GWS vs Brisbane Lions game, which was also played on Saturday night, did receive a full-page review.

worbod

Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
Liverpool
Ah yes, I should have quoted the Fremantle vs West Coast game, which also did not receive a write-up. I wasted that Julius Sumner-Miller picture. Still, it would have been nice for our game to receive a review.

Do we play brisbane again? Let's play Naughton on Adams. Flog.

He had returned to the club in less than desirable shape in the last two years of him being with us.
Yes, and I’m going. I attend games only rarely and haven’t seen a win since the GF :huh:

Lindsay_Gilbee

Oct 13, 2017
Hope there is a target on Adams back when we play him. Absolute disgrace the way he has carried on since he left.

We gave him his chance and he’s been nothing but a bitch since.

I wonder if Marcus still spends a lot of his time at his new club doing his own thing with headphones firmly attached to his bonce as he did at Whitten Oval?

Its the whoriest of football tropes to proclaim a love of the 'culture' whenever you make your first public utterances at a new club. Players do it when they come to us. Players do it when they leave us for another club. Like most puff pieces of this type its best to shake your head at the emptiness of it all and move on.

So I have watched Talking Footy, blah blah Collingwood, yawned through the big egos on The Couch, and now AFL360, blah blah Collingwood. At least Brissy got some coverage because they deserve it. I’m going to bed.

I'm sure Footy clAssified will be quality though with heaps of Bulldogs content and cred for our great game. :p

I find it very strange that Bevo is basically the most well regarded coach in the league from a player care and welfare perspective and yet Adams almost from day one was looking for the exit and seemingly miserable. Maybe he just flat out hated Victoria and needed more sun being from WA.

Cue the end of 2020...Adams requests a transfer to Port, citing irreconcilable differences with the coach :cool:

Lex22

Jun 8, 2011
I’m lost with Adams, was it our fault he constantly got injured or that he felt leftout/lonely at rehab?

I gathered he wasn’t an overly popular member of the group anyway, was he just a whinger the whole time that everyone eventually got sick of?

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
I’m lost with Adams, was it our fault he constantly got injured or that he felt leftout/lonely at rehab?

I gathered he wasn’t an overly popular member of the group anyway, was he just a whinger the whole time that everyone eventually got sick of?

Honestly it sounds like he was on the outside looking in but he himself didn't put the effort into becoming part of the group. It didn't help that every year we heard of him maybe wanting to go home which I highly doubt endeared him to the playing group.

Coming from the Lyon coached boring
Teams Stkilda put out.
Goddard is onto something.
Over 100 points bonus point
YES YES YES
AFLX territory.

EDIT
Actually no. I take that back. It might work - 4 points for a win, 2 for a draw, 1 for 100 points scored (even if it's a loss).

Jun 8, 2010
AFLX territory.

EDIT
Actually no. I take that back. It might work - 4 points for a win, 2 for a draw, 1 for 100 points scored (even if it's a loss).

Pretty big advantage for QLD and WA based teams, where it doesn't rain as much, so scores a more likely to be higher.
I suppose with the roof closed at Marvel permanently now, it could also advantage us at some point.

Pretty big advantage for QLD and WA based teams, where it doesn't rain as much, so scores a more likely to be higher.
I suppose with the roof closed at Marvel permanently now, it could also advantage us at some point.
Good point. 100 pts on a day or night like we had against Port is almost an impossibility.

Good conversation to have though.

I'm not that big on needing to score lots of goals to be entertaining but constant scrimmages and ball-ups or boundary throw-ins are not a great look. Unfortunately hefty broadcast contracts come with some obligations for the AFL to maintain the game's watchability and entertainment value. I don't like that but it's the reality.