Your Top 10 UK Bands of All time

Remove this Banner Ad

Begging You is fantastic, it’s like the best elements of what they could of been.

Driving South is another favorite, Breaking Into Heaven could of been trimmed about 4 minutes, and Ten Story Love song is quite lovely.
Much in agreement. Whilst music trends at that time had arguably veered away from this type of material anyway, it is tragic that they didn't refine and trim Second Coming into something more potent (like the tracks we describe above). They had an album's worth of strong material in there, diluted unnecessarily.

Much in agreement. Whilst music trends at that time had arguably veered away from this type of material anyway, it is tragic that they didn't refine and trim Second Coming into something more potent (like the tracks we describe above). They had an album's worth of strong material in there, diluted unnecessarily.

They weren’t too far away from what was popular at the time, still in the ballpark of it.

I know that the britpop trends of the era seemed a bit different, but the Stone Roses were hardly out of place.

If they had kept their s**t together after 89-90 and put out an album in 91/92 i think it would of been a lot stronger and they would of continued to power on through the 90s.

some really good bands I'd long forgotten but in no particular order:

the The
The Beatles
Queen
Radiohead
Oasis
The Kinks
Massive Attack
Pink Floyd
The Cure
The Rolling Stones

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Placebo (seem to be cruelly overlooked in these lists)
Joy Division / New Order
The Cure
The Smiths
Coldplay
Radiohead
The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
The Jesus & Mary Chain
Radiohead

Seeing as how you have Radiohead listed twice, let me add SUPERTRAMP in its place.:think:

1. Supertramp
  2. Beatles
  3. Queen
  4. Deep Purple
  5. Led Zeppelin

Have to search through their albums. I’d say 3 songs I like enough to be interested in. None that I like a lot though. Queen probably slightly better but both shockingly overrated
Yeah, not by me. Well, not the Stones anyway. I don't mind Queen but I can take them or leave them. The Stones are at least in my all time top three. And the Stones up until the mid '70's were a very different beast to what came after.

I'm very interested in what albums you would look through.

Camel-1973-81. Mellow, smart prog

I have just started my journey down the Camel rabbit hole.

I listened to Mirage and thought it was ok and then I listened to 'I can see your house form here' mainly because I like the album cover and I love it.

Guess I'm going to have to through all the albums now..

Just a list of 10 UK groups that I enjoy listening to:

Wire
Spacemen 3
The Kinks
Television Personalities
Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band
The Raincoats
My Bloody Valentine
The Soft Boys
Wreckless Eric*
Dan Melchior*

* There's probably a distinction here between bands and solo artists, but as these two blokes front bands with various names so I've included them

Last edited:
The Cure
Depeche Mode
Duran Duran
Pink Floyd
Tears for Fears
Genesis
Spandau Ballet
Pet Shop Boys
New Order

Remove this Banner Ad

Back