Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallet is having a crack at any North supporter who dares bring up his ‘worst list in the comp bar none’ call in the preseason of 2018

At the time it was and still is an uneducated a call by an AFL media commentator in recent memory.
It’s getting to Wallet and he’s trying to save his credibility or what’s left of it here, but IMO he should cop his whack. He said it. Spoke about it. Wrote about it. It’s there for all to see.
What grinds me is he then has a go because he hates being reminded how wrong he was and then he spins the ‘senior players won’t be there for the next flag tilt’ line that would apply to nearly every club.
fu** him and long may his sooking last

I would argue that of all except maybe Thompson & Higgins of Thompson Tarrant Goldy Higgins Ziebell & Cunnington WILL be around...

She might be right. They might have said no to another night out on the club, but it wouldn’t be because the club couldn’t afford it. Maybe the club didn’t want Shaw getting all gooey with the group? Who the fu** knows? Maybe it didn’t even happen like she said? Think about it, a person at North running to her to tell her that North can’t pay for Shaw & the players to go out for dinner? Give me a break. It’s a bulls**t show with bulls**t topics. I feel like an idiot for caring, but I hate it when these campaigners trash our club.
Two things are bullshit, one a North person talking to her about the day to day spending and secondly she starts every sentence with “I think” which translate to “I have no ******* idea but I’ll make it up anyway”. God she shits me.

I never made as much $$$$ as an average Nth. Melbourne footballer but hey, someone leaving after many years of service or a x-mas do $75 for dinner, l was happy to pay for. You reckon Jack or Goldy on $500,000 a year said " ooohhhh, l can't afford it "
Get real Caro. Not dining at the friggin Ritz.

Last edited:
Kevin Bartlett walks away from SEN radio

By Rachel Eddie
July 8, 2019 — 7.12pm

AFL legend Kevin Bartlett has resigned from SEN Radio after 15 years with the station.

It's understood Bartlett, 72, quit last Monday and will see out his one month's notice on his afternoon drive show KB and the Doc with racing analyst John Rothfield, known as 'Dr Turf'. Bartlett's relationship with management is believed to have taken a slide when Crocmedia's Craig Hutchison took over, shuffling Bartlett from mornings to the afternoon slot. Complicating the situation is that his co-host Rothfield's family is a major shareholder of SEN with a 13.3 per cent stake, The Age reported last year. When his move to the 3pm to 6pm slot was announced in December 2017, station general manager Cathy Thomas said Bartlett was "surprised to have been offered the role but embraced the challenge". "Kevin is the heartbeat of our station, a football and industry icon, and has been front and centre of our growth for over a decade," Ms Thomas said at the time. Carlton AFLW coach Daniel Harford, who worked with Bartlett on SEN, said on Monday that the former Richmond great was without a doubt "the greatest entertainer on radio". "Comedic timing and sporting cache like no other. He 'gets it'. He is also the most generous on air partner any presenter could wish for. He wants YOU to be the star. I am forever indebted to him," Harford wrote on Twitter.

Former SEN host Francis Leach also lamented the loss of Bartlett. "KB understands his audience and more importantly - he makes having fun his #1 priority. Not a lot of that on air these days," Leach wrote on Twitter. "He'll be back - He's not done yet!

"And whilst we're on the topic - @Crocmedia takeover of @1116sen was supposed to turn the station into a ratings juggernaut. "They haven't moved the needle on that one bit in three years." The latest ratings survey from market researchers GfK found SEN held onto 3.3 per cent of Melbourne listeners for part of March, April and May, up from just 2.9 per cent.

I never made as much $$$$ as an average Nth. Melbourne footballer but hey, someone leaving after many years of service or a x-mas do $75 for dinner l was happy to pay for. You reckon Jack or Goldy on $500,000 a year said " ooohhhh, l can't afford it "
Get real Caro. Not dining at the friggin Ritz.

Geez the Roast of the Day at the Katamatite Central RSL is $10

Wats wrong with these guys?

Wallet is having a crack at any North supporter who dares bring up his ‘worst list in the comp bar none’ call in the preseason of 2018

At the time it was and still is an uneducated a call by an AFL media commentator in recent memory.
It’s getting to Wallet and he’s trying to save his credibility or what’s left of it here, but IMO he should cop his whack. He said it. Spoke about it. Wrote about it. It’s there for all to see.
What grinds me is he then has a go because he hates being reminded how wrong he was and then he spins the ‘senior players won’t be there for the next flag tilt’ line that would apply to nearly every club.
fu** him and long may his sooking last

Ouch Terry. Shifting the goal posts doesn't make this call any better.

In B Trons post above.

Jed is a total bust, should get rid if Goldie, disappointed Darcy Lang picked Carlton over us. Recruited for the now after 2015, least talented list.

The greatest bulls**t artists believe their own bulls**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Menopause.
[/QUOT

Ouch Terry. Shifting the goal posts doesn't make this call any better.

Without wanting to defend Wallace to much I think some of the points he made were valid. At the time he made the calls we had just moved on Boomer, Firito, Dal Santo, Petrie, and Gibson, Waite was aging and struggling to stay on the park, Anderson had hardly played at all, and we hadn't really produced much out of the previous 3 or 4 drafts. We also hadn't had much in the way of very high draft picks.

Much of our improvement and what is building the excitement in the structure of the list has come in the last two years. There have been some real trade wins with guys like Polec and Pittard, we have bought in some really exciting draft picks like LDU, TT, Bailey Scott, Jed has become the player we only thought about in our most optimistic moments, Goldy has had a resurgence and looks like he has got another two or three years at least, and we have had some major bonuses with a draft pick 73 and a rookie lister developing into high quality forwards that if clubs had the draft again would both be top 20 picks. If you look realistically at our list there is a clear hole in the middle with limited numbers and quality in the 23 to 26 age bracket.

I don't mind so much that he made those statements. What does irk me is that he has given the club no credit for the turn-around over the past two years.

I am not a member of Caroline Wilson fan club by ANY stretch, but her comments on the Footy Classified last night are somewhat worrying, if her facts are correct. For Carl Dilena to be overseas on a "family holiday" at this time is at best puzzling. While we are going through a review and are watching with interest of what Shaw is doing with the team, we also have a football manager who is on the way out - this is clearly NOT the time for the CEO to take 3 weeks off, and I would argue with the season being only roughly 6 months long, he shouldn't be taking any leave during the season, unless it's a family emergency, let alone 3 weeks. Who is handling player contract negotiations? Who is making decisions on the free agency/trading front? Who is advising the board about the coaching shortlist? Unless of course he has been told he's on his way out himself...

I am not a member of Caroline Wilson fan club by ANY stretch, but her comments on the Footy Classified last night are somewhat worrying, if her facts are correct. For Carl Dilena to be overseas on a "family holiday" at this time is at best puzzling. While we are going through a review and are watching with interest of what Shaw is doing with the team, we also have a football manager who is on the way out - this is clearly NOT the time for the CEO to take 3 weeks off, and I would argue with the season being only roughly 6 months long, he shouldn't be taking any leave during the season, unless it's a family emergency, let alone 3 weeks. Who is handling player contract negotiations? Who is making decisions on the free agency/trading front? Who is advising the board about the coaching shortlist? Unless of course he has been told he's on his way out himself...
I was wondering about that last bit myself actually.

Vote him out at the next election then.
You are talking about his spot on the board. That is a conversation for another day. Right now he is a CEO of the club - that is of more immediate concern.

There are 100 likes on that Tweet. Says a lot about the community.
He appeals to the fellowship of bogans on social media who love hanging s**t on small clubs and Wallet invites the following by feeding their thirst for trollable content. They pay Hutchys wage.
It’s the Crocmedia way.

There is no way he would say that about Collingwood or Essendon.
We’re only worth discussing if we’re s**t or in a crisis as we all know

Maybe he is on leave as part of the review?
Could be. But who is in the driver's seat then? I mean, this is the wrong time for the CEO to be on leave from any angle you take...

spot on! Caro went over the top but she is right, how can the CEO take a 3 week holiday with a review going on and important coaching appointments to be made, considering Cam Joyce is leaving at the end of the year who is making the decisions? Even if he wont be CEO next year surely he needs to be at the club just as much more then Cam Joyce.

To be fair to Carl and anyone else who take leave during the winter months, now is the time to head os. It's cold and miserable in Australia at this moment.

His total focus should be to ok the handling of new contracts to Larkey and Durdin - and ok the speaking to GWS about Taranto or a even a Whitfield by those within the club charged with this type of thing.

And of course preparing the Shaw contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back