Roast Cochrane: GC Suns want priority pick from AFL commission!

Remove this Banner Ad

CrowCro

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2010
Underdale
AFL Club
Adelaide
https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-07-0...ound-gorilla-on-this-suns-to-ask-for-no1-pick If the AFL commission do this we gotta burn down AFL house. I put money on it that they will approve it because Adelaide is due to get pick two. If it was Carlton I put my house on it that it wouldn’t get approved. Gold Coast do not need extra draft picks they will have pick one as it is and have had the icream of the crop for years. They need extra salary cap to entice out of contract players and mature bodies. What a load of rubbish this is. If the AFL is going to help a side they should declare it a year before so that it is known well before trading picks start. If they want to help them tell everybody now and make it the 2020 drafts.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
facebook_1562590467045.jpg

Hey Stewie, did you hear we are going for another priority pick.

Meh, I'd rather some chips and gravy

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-07-0...ound-gorilla-on-this-suns-to-ask-for-no1-pick If the AFL commission do this we gotta burn down AFL house. I put money on it that they will approve it because Adelaide is due to get pick two. If it was Carlton I put my house on it that it wouldn’t get approved. Gold Coast do not need extra draft picks they will have pick one as it is and have had the icream of the crop for years. They need extra salary cap to entice out of contract players and mature bodies. What a load of rubbish this is. If the AFL is going to help a side they should declare it a year before so that it is known well before trading picks start. If they want to help them tell everybody now and make it the 2020 drafts.

You have a house? 😱

Morning_Fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Getting another 18 year old will not help the Gold Coast next year.

They need more skillful and talented development coaches and line coaches to educate the 18/19 year old kids they already have.

The AFL should give them a $1,000,000 Football spend for off field development.

Does the Gold Coast Football club have the same resources available to them like the West Coast and Collingwood? IMO, this world be where their downfall is.

Off field resources. The AFL must fix this area first and then the kids will improve.

Tex Milera

Debutant
Mar 5, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide

Yep pick another high end Victorian kid (Anderson?) that will get poached back by a high end Vic club in a couple of years time (Hawthorn/Geelong/Pies/Shitmond). This won’t advantage GC but instead will advantage the scum sucking Vic clubs who will wait patiently in the wings for GC to develop this kid and then pounce with a godfather offer too good to refuse. Hell, what’s the bet we won’t even be in with a chance if Luko or Rankine decide to leave as Vic clubs will poach them as well (promises to play in front of 60,000+ at MCG each week yada yada yada (eg Lynch).....Rant over

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
They also want to imprison 18 year olds up there for 4 years.

Rankine and Luko not extending despite having contracts pushed under their noses since arriving must suck for them.

Now they want to go after 2 best mates who are ranked 1 and 2 in the draft.

AFL needs to turn off the life support

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Imagine if Collingwood or Hawthorn were in line for pick 2 and gold coast came along asking for it for free... McGuire or Kennett would've already been out there and shot it down, letting the AFL know in no uncertain terms that would be unacceptable.

Meanwhile Chapman and Fagan are AWOL while Gill reads the mood in the room.

Oct 8, 2004
Woodside
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Eagles(SANFL)
It's the perfect year to give them a priority pick. Cheap option by the AFL. The best two rated players in the country, who happen to be good friends, can go up together to boost their midfield. The Crows are likely pick 2 and with all those South Australian supporters already glued on, rain, hail or shine, do not need a pick that high and certainly won't complain about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Timing is everything. They released this request just before the Suns Vs Crows game strategically. A game we desperately need to win and will likely win too the tune of 10 goals+.

Now if we belt them we further validate their argument and risk losing one of the top echelon prospects too this bulls__t claim, and if we don’t we risk falling out of the top 8.

What a bunch of Pricks!

Sep 2, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
SUNS putting together a detailed report as to why they deserve the number 1 pick and that it's a matter of urgency so must be done in 2019..
Interesting on a few fronts,
Rowell and Anderson best mates and clearly 1&2 with a small gap on the rest.
The Crows will be the big losers in this.
Why should the rest of the competition suffer due to 10yrs of wasted first round draft picks and a terrible footy department?

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Getting another 18 year old will not help the Gold Coast next year.

They need more skillful and talented development coaches and line coaches to educate the 18/19 year old kids they already have.

The AFL should give them a $1,000,000 Football spend for off field development.

Does the Gold Coast Football club have the same resources available to them like the West Coast and Collingwood? IMO, this world be where their downfall is.

Off field resources. The AFL must fix this area first and then the kids will improve.
I agree.

They made this mess with their crappy early selections and poor trading.

If the AFL are to do anything, it needs to be very specific. Like paying 25% of a players salary that they trade from another club, as long as the player is above 25 has 100 games experience and placed top 10 in the other clubs b&f 2 out of the last 3 years.

Don't let them be recruit crap.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
SUNS putting together a detailed report as to why they deserve the number 1 pick and that it's a matter of urgency so must be done in 2019..
Interesting on a few fronts,
Rowell and Anderson best mates and clearly 1&2 with a small gap on the rest.
The Crows will be the big losers in this.
Why should the rest of the competition suffer due to 10yrs of wasted first round draft picks and a terrible footy department?
They won't get a priority pick before the first round. Even if you gave gold coast the first 5 picks it would not help them and it would significantly derail the competition for other teams. What gold coast need is experienced players in the age group of 23 to 27 and a bigger salary cap. I would give them an additional 2 million per year for 3 years to get their s**t together. If they didn't improve I would merge them with the lions. Even gws got smashed for 3 or 4 years with the best talent ever assembled. Gold coast cannot keep elite talent as players don't want to stay. Very different from Gws.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Imagine if Collingwood or Hawthorn were in line for pick 2 and gold coast came along asking for it for free... McGuire or Kennett would've already been out there and shot it down, letting the AFL know in no uncertain terms that would be unacceptable.

THIS

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is Chapman still our chairman? Havent heard him speak for so long i forgot. Humphrey Chapman.
I just hope that we have gone to AFL headquarters at 100 mph to let them know it is absolutely unacceptable to compromise the top end of the draft. Threaten them with litigation over the pick swap deal that will be damaged if the gift a top end pp

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I just hope that we have gone to AFL headquarters at 100 mph to let them know it is absolutely unacceptable to compromise the top end of the draft. Threaten them with litigation over the pick swap deal that will be damaged if the gift a top end pp
Gold coast will be merged in time. Afl made a very big error in putting a 2nd team in QLD. Just pure greed at the expense of the long term competition. Like I said above even if you gave them the first 5 picks it will not help them. They need experience and fast. We could help them with that and as a club we should be going to the Afl with a deal that involves some of our experienced players for luko and rankine. Gold coast need a bigger salary cap but you know who will kick up a stink about that? Vic clubs. They have been pillaging Gold coast for years and its about time Vic clubs payed for it. If GC dont improve in 3 years merge them with lions and get rid of a vic club at the same time. The VFL loves to dance around problems instead of fixing them.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC

I somewhat agree however it’s probably not a good look for us to be preempting where Carlton will finish just yet.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gold coast will be merged in time. Afl made a very big error in putting a 2nd team in QLD. Just pure greed at the expense of the long term competition. Like I said above even if you gave them the first 5 picks it will not help them. They need experience and fast. We could help them with that and as a club we should be goung to the Afl with a deal that involves some of our experienced players for luko and rankine. Gold coast need a bigger salary cap but you know who will kick up a stink about that? Vic clubs. They have been pillaging Gold coast for years and its about time Vic clubs payed for it. If GC dont improve in 3 years merge them with lions and get rid of a vic club at the same time.
To be fair if it looks like we get pick 2 before any possible manipulation i would let them have jenkins for nothing just to ensure no pp is given to affect pick 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back