Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marshall is not a ruckman is he? As in, he hasnt even played as a relief.

he's been their main ruck for a while and is going great

not sure it was planned but hey

he's been their main ruck for a while and is going great

not sure it was planned but hey

Not sure why I thought it was Todd.

On Rowan, it's no chance is it? Saints vision is to play him forward. With McCartin not coming on they could definitely use him as a forward.

He has the work rate for it.

On Rowan, it's no chance is it? Saints vision is to play him forward. With McCartin not coming on they could definitely use him as a forward.

They have Bruce, Membrey and King forward. If anything they need key defenders.

I don’t think we will trade Draper anyway.

Dan Richardson was on 3AW on Sunday, was asked about Draper. Says list management team have been in contact with Sam's management for some time and he's 'really confident' Draper will re-sign.

I still think the article about Draper being made an offer by the Saints was dropped by Draper's management anyway. If he was just going to take the offer he'd shut up and take it, it's just been put to the public to try and force us to close the gap (either years or money or both, who knows).

Yeah, I just don't see anyone on our list who can fill Daniher's role anywhere near the same quality. I'd want a player we can bank on for three goals who provides enough space for Laverde, Stewart, Begley, Stringer etc. I'm talking about a replacement until Daniher is fit because that's an unknown.
To be fair though, half the teams in the comp don't have a forward of Danihers quality. We'd be laughing if we had 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm that crackpot who keeps raising the notion of trading Hurley. It's that crazy idea no-one wants to concede.

If gold coast netted priority picks they needs to trade out to receive top line mature aged players, then i'd be all for trading out Hurley. We have a huge surplus of backs that aren't getting a game or at best on the fringe.

I'm that crackpot who keeps raising the notion of trading Hurley. It's that crazy idea no-one wants to concede.
Has Hurley gone over the value tipping point?

He'll turn 30 during season 2020, his not an amazing 1:1 defender but he is leading the league in marks and even his contested marking is better than it's been for a few years. I just wonder if he is worth more to us at this point than what another team would give us in return?

If gold coast netted priority picks they needs to trade out to receive top line mature aged players, then i'd be all for trading out Hurley. We have a huge surplus of backs that aren't getting a game or at best on the fringe.

The huge surplus of backs we have are no where near in replacing Hurley.

Hurley and Hooker will be hard to replace once they retire.

Has Hurley gone over the value tipping point?

He'll turn 30 during season 2020, his not an amazing 1:1 defender but he is leading the league in marks and even his contested marking is better than it's been for a few years. I just wonder if he is worth more to us at this point than what another team would give us in return?
I'm interested in turning Hurley's worth into something that will help us capitalise on our list next year. I don't know that we have the trade currency to secure ruck support and a quality tall forward without dling something along those lines. I do think we have enough backline talent to support Francis in Hurley's absence though. With JD far from a certainty and TBell not getting any younger, I see vital roles that need filling in order to capitalise on the list and I think we need to be a little bit bold.

I'm interested in turning Hurley's worth into something that will help us capitalise on our list next year. I don't know that we have the trade currency to secure ruck support and a quality tall forward without dling something along those lines. I do think we have enough backline talent to support Francis in Hurley's absence though. With JD far from a certainty and TBell not getting any younger, I see vital roles that need filling in order to capitalise on the list and I think we need to be a little bit bold.
dont disagree, i feel we will forever be stuck in the 7th to 10th hump unless we absolutely smash a draft and we seem to be mostly trading out of those these days OR break the same old mold and find a different way i.e sending a key asset where we have depth away to fill a particular need. I'm for the later but I'm wondering if Hurley has any real value anymore that would make a difference, for example if i were the Suns i wouldn't be doing a Wright(a player that fits our needs) for Hurley direct swap.

dont disagree, i feel we will forever be stuck in the 7th to 10th hump unless we absolutely smash a draft and we seem to be mostly trading out of those these days OR break the same old mold and find a different way i.e sending a key asset where we have depth away to fill a particular need. I'm for the later but I'm wondering if Hurley has any real value anymore that would make a difference, for example if i were the Suns i wouldn't be doing a Wright(a player that fits our needs) for Hurley direct swap.
Neither would I, and I think Wright is probably a bit of a stretch. Day + a pick might work though.

Day is a talented forward who would come cheap. He has been injured for a while but recently broke into the firsts again. I think I agree with you though, Hurley's worth more. I would offer Zaka or Myers would be even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back