Selector's Table Vs Melbourne

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not true at all. Libba and Wallis have both played primarily forward at different stages. We have a lot of blokes who play multiple roles and we don't always replace like-for-like if you pay attention to our team selection.
They may all play forward but they're completely opposite in terms of style of play.

Lindsay_Gilbee

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I reckon this week is pretty simple. Stop Oliver and Brayshaw and we’ll win. Macrae to Oliver and Hunter to Brayshaw.

Hopefully Gawn doesn’t get up.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I reckon this week is pretty simple. Stop Oliver and Brayshaw and we’ll win. Macrae to Oliver and Hunter to Brayshaw.

Hopefully Gawn doesn’t get up.

We smashed Geelongs midfield going head to head why would we worry about the demons?

Let them loose and let the demons worry about stopping us

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That is going head to head. They’re the match ups I’d use.

No I mean just go for it and let them try and match us up.

Oliver doesn’t hurt you he is a distributor so he doesn’t worry me.
Bradshaw is handy but he isn’t Bont or Jack so get on top early and let them chase a$$ all day.

If they don’t have Gawn spoon feeding them they really aren’t that good

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Gawn deepest forward swapping with Preuss in the ruck, Weideman at CHF flanked by Petracca and
Hannan with a small forward in the pivot feeding off the spillage. Push the sixth forward to the wing
once the game is in motion and try to engineer some extra run from half back. Oh yeah I am a
Bulldogs fan, but get ready for this. Even a crap coach will work around injury without too much
trouble.

Braybrook Son

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Very happy about T Mac out after his latest form, but was also hoping Gawn out. I think we can still get on top of them with our midfield form, Wouldn’t mind Naughton, Schache or Trengove helping Timmy out a lot more this week to make sure we win. We really need to win this game.

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would be keen for an extra defender to come in to move trengove into the ruck, play English forward with stints in the ruck.
English will break in half competing against preussand fawn for a whole game

Apr 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Trengove is a liability in defence.

Bring Morris in, play Trengove in the ruck most of the day, English to play high forward and roam a bit.

Nobody on our list is capable of getting close to winning 1/3 of hitouts against Gawn.

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
They have utterly pantsed us the last couple of seasons. Humiliating losses to the ski set club.

We badly need to change the meme with them.

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Please stop replying to a post by denigrating the poster. You can make your point in a polite and respectful way, or not do it at all. These provocative, disrespectful posts have got to stop or I'll be kicking you out of here permanently. Stop poisoning this board MD.

Mutt, I know I'm not a moderator but I didn't think there was much in the comment you picked up on.

Mutt, I know I'm not a moderator but I didn't think there was much in the comment you picked up on.
Its the cumulative effect I responded to - a pattern of regularly disrespecting fellow posters that sours the tone and diminishes the experience for everyone. Had the specific comment been more extreme, I would have issued more than a warning.

Luder

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Its the cumulative effect I responded to - a pattern of regularly disrespecting fellow posters that sours the tone and diminishes the experience for everyone. Had the specific comment been more extreme, I would have issued more than a warning.
Not arguing with the fact you called out the comment, but thought I should point out there were a couple other very similar comments in this very thread, but none pulled up on it. I can understand that you're picking up on MD thanks to reputation, but I think it's fair if there's consistency. The match-related threads tend to get pretty toxic, and I definitely don't think MD is the only, or even the worst, offender

gimp!

Standus Operatus
Feb 20, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In: Liberatore
Out: Whoever is required to be sacrificed.

Interested to hear Wallis on the Dogs website today saying that his leg still isn't feeling right and that he's going to play VFL again to see how it feels.

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm worried if we bring libba in and don't have a similar player going out we will upset the balance we have started to get with inside/outside movement

I'd like to see us play them with Gawn in. It's a great test not only for English but for the coaches and the playing group as a whole.
If we can't beat Melbourne (5W 10L) with him in the side we don't deserve to make the finals. Especially if McDonald is out.

For us, maybe West to debut but wouldn't surprise to see one or both of Morris and Libba in.
Roarke the first to go. Don't know who else. No others deserve to be dropped and I wouldn't even be upset if Roarke played another game.

ringa5

CRAZY HORSE
Jun 1, 2009
goldcoast
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
With McDonald out l reckon They go with Preuss and Gawn.
Reckon Trengrove just follows Preuss
Ruck or back
And call in the in form Sweet to tag team Gawn with English then rest forward.

Bulldogsnm1

All Australian
Aug 23, 2006
Altona
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
GWS
We smashed Geelongs midfield going head to head why would we worry about the demons?

Let them loose and let the demons worry about stopping us

The difference is that Geelong don’t have a dominate ruckman and have a specific type of midfield. Dangerfield, Selwood and Kelly back themselves to clear the ball from the centre in a class manner with good delivery into their forwards. The don’t pay a lot of attention to their opponents. We clearly beat them in clearances.

Against Melbourne with a dominate ruckman and scrappers in the mid field they will get a number of clearances though not so much quality. We will need to create scoring opportunities from the back half this week. It will be a different looking game this week.

Spectre

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2008
Clayton Meth Labs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'd like to see us play them with Gawn in. It's a great test not only for English but for the coaches and the playing group as a whole.
If we can't beat Melbourne (5W 10L) with him in the side we don't deserve to make the finals. Especially if McDonald is out.

For us, maybe West to debut but wouldn't surprise to see one or both of Morris and Libba in.
Roarke the first to go. Don't know who else. No others deserve to be dropped and I wouldn't even be upset if Roarke played another game.
Seconded. If we are serious about this year, we can't be afraid of Melbourne, Gawn or not.
If Moz is ready, swap him for R. Smith. Trenners to play battering ram in the ruck, take some of the heat off Timmy. Not sure I'd bring Libba straight in, with his knees I'd be conservative, get a run in the 2s first.

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

I really appreciate the role you guys take on as moderators. Basically, you keep BigFooty online. Full stop.

But I have to say, some of the cut and thrust that occurs is what keeps this place alive (including mods interventions - high drama!). Posters shouldn't be too precious about their feelings. Let's be a little bit robust when we are on the net.

Back