2019 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Any expectations of a debutante this week. Has Ross gone down this path before or will he stick with those who he knows what he will get
Short of youth that can come straight in.
Sturt is underdone, Meek just finding his form finally (could be an option), Valente will be developing this year. Only one that could debut towards the end of the season is Carter. Tom North is another one. Depends on how serious Ross wants to bring change

Deveraux

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Short of youth that can come straight in.
Sturt is underdone, Meek just finding his form finally (could be an option), Valente will be developing this year. Only one that could debut towards the end of the season is Carter. Tom North is another one. Depends on how serious Ross wants to bring change
Looks like Meek is done for the season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
Saturday 13 July

Summary

partly-cloudy.png

Min -1

Max 12

Morning frost. Partly cloudy.

Possible rainfall: 0 to 0.4 mm

Chance of any rain: 30%
rain_30.gif

Launceston area

Partly cloudy. Frost and areas of fog in the morning. Slight (30%) chance of a shower. Light winds.​
I wouldn't let Shill play. Those are Hami snapping temps

Purpletown

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
Restumping
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos
We should not be bringing in Hill this week. If you're gonna play him play him at Peel for a couple of weeks so we know for sure he actually has match fitness before returning to the main squad.

I agree he should not play this weekend. Missing 2 games for a player who has had chronic leg injury problems for the past 2 years is asking for more of the same if he plays too early (i.e. this weekend)

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
Saturday 13 July

Summary

partly-cloudy.png

Min -1

Max 12

Morning frost. Partly cloudy.

Possible rainfall: 0 to 0.4 mm

Chance of any rain: 30%
rain_30.gif

Launceston area

Partly cloudy. Frost and areas of fog in the morning. Slight (30%) chance of a shower. Light winds.
I wouldn't let Shill play. Those are Hami snapping temps
Pffft. 12 is T-shirt weather.

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
An article on The West website says Luke Ryan and Sonson where withdrawn from training for special fitness tests.
Both involved in the match simulations when I was watching, as was Stephen Hill. Man Stevie will make a huge difference to our ball movement if we can get him on the park. Most of the guys' skills were good to fair, but it's not about "most" - it only takes one crap kick to turn the ball over and we get burned.

Special mention to Bailey Banfield whose kicking was atrocious, followed very closely by Travis Colyer and Lachie Schultz. If we are having to play any of these guys then we are really at the trailing edge of our depth.

On the other hand, both Taylin Duman and Ryan Nyuis seemed able to hit good targets working through congestion - really should be playing in the backline in preference to Connor and Reece, who should be in the middle.

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
Both involved in the match simulations when I was watching, as was Stephen Hill. Man Stevie will make a huge difference to our ball movement if we can get him on the park. Most of the guys' skills were good to fair, but it's not about "most" - it only takes one crap kick to turn the ball over and we get burned.

Special mention to Bailey Banfield whose kicking was atrocious, followed very closely by Travis Colyer and Lachie Schultz. If we are having to play any of these guys then we are really at the trailing edge of our depth.

On the other hand, both Taylin Duman and Ryan Nyuis seemed able to hit good targets working through congestion - really should be playing in the backline in preference to Connor and Reece, who should be in the middle.
Yeah, I noticed a lot of that also, was surprised to see a bit of skills stuff being done with what appeared to be a lot of the First and second year players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back