• Mabior Chol

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Brandon Ellis

Votes: 18 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
im saying Rioli is significantly better and more important to the 22 and i am perplexed people can see it otherwise

BEllis is important structurally. He runs all day, gets to the right places, and hits targets. So he gives us run and carry from the defense to the forward line, and causes the opposition to have to plan to deal with him. Doesn't make him God's greatest gift. But when we had many injuries BEllis was a serious weapon in our ability to carry the ball.

Put it another way. Teams like the Demons and Crows would pay through the nose to have him in their side right now. They have problems carrying the ball, and that's what Brandon does. He might be a whipping boy here. But when you look around the league BEllis is a quality tool in the kit to make a good side.

So you’d drop Ellis for reiwoldt this week an put stack to Ellis position?
I think this extremely harsh on Ellis... I understand you’re saying squeezed out but I’m not really buying that

You don't have to. It's getting tougher for spots. Stack has greater versatility, pure and simple. I'd like Caddy in the fwd pocket too, swapping with Dusty - it's what has worked in the past. There is no DeBoer tag this week, but we may as well play a simulation of it now rather than just when it is cut-throat.

B: Grimes, Astbury, Broad
HB: Short, Vlastuin, Houli
C: Stack, Prestia, McIntosh
HF: Edwards, Riewoldt, Rioli
F: Caddy, Lynch, Castagna
R: Soldo, Martin, Cotchin
Int: Bolton, Chol, Graham, Lambert
Emg: Ellis, Smith, Garthwaite

Jan 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I think wehere it’ll land will be Nankervis taking on a big ruck load, and getting some pinch hitting from talls in F50 and D50.
Screw it just make Stack the backup ruckman.
I’ve been reading a bit about caddy and how he is not up for it.
Now he may be a little off but caddy is an absolute A grade forward pocket player. And he is a hard man.
Not sure what planet some posters are on.
Planet hissy fit
Planet dummy spit.
Last week it was Cotchin.
Next week I wonder who will be...

The Mighty

Club Legend
May 20, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Even more staggering that they've now tried it twice!

And the NRL/ARL along with the QRL has had a few incarnations there themselves from the Giants to the Seagulls, to the Chargers to the Titans, who have actually been the only really pseudo succesful incarnation there even though they have not been successful at all.

There was also the failed Sth Qld Crushers out of Brisbane that were a failure too.

Just surviving over 10 years on the GC is a great result for a professional franchise.

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
Can't really see room for Butler anymore, we have so many small forwards, so he can leave and B-Elly can stay.
Butler should command a decent salary on the market.
Win-win situation.
Butler can play seniors again.

Vassp

Premiership Player
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Screw it just make Stack the backup ruckman.

Planet hissy fit
Planet dummy spit.
Last week it was Cotchin.
Next week I wonder who will be...

It’s like people want results yesterday, playing not right and sore so give them time to come up to speed.at the same time we shouldn’t be playing injured players.

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
I am no Ellis fan. I watch him carefully for his efforts,impact and errors (mostly putting others under the pump). For a couple of years he has been a liability down back. This season on the wing he has been up and down with his impact. However, over the last few weeks he is playing his role well. With Macca on the other side, I think the midfield staff are set with the rotations with those two as the main wing positions.

So with Jack and Caddy likely ins, the outs are tough. Two forwards, with one who can do midfield minutes. Doubt Chol comes out (2nd ruck??).
Egg did well, and he would cause Stack to go down back again (which is no problem, except doing well foward/mid). I thought I read a poster suggest Graham comes out... hohoho!! chortle chortle!!

No change.... Jack and Caddy can play VFL and force their way in!!

Shazza_

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2018
Safeway carpark
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
In: Riewoldt
Out: Egg

C: Lambert, Prestia, McIntosh
HF: Edwards, Riewoldt, Stack
F: Rioli, Lynch, Castagna
Int: Bolton, Chol, Ellis, Graham

Sexy team, and still missing Rance, Caddy, Nank, Balta, Ross, etc
rioli out

You don't have to. It's getting tougher for spots. Stack has greater versatility, pure and simple. I'd like Caddy in the fwd pocket too, swapping with Dusty - it's what has worked in the past. There is no DeBoer tag this week, but we may as well play a simulation of it now rather than just when it is cut-throat.

C: Stack, Prestia, McIntosh
HF: Edwards, Riewoldt, Rioli
F: Caddy, Lynch, Castagna
Int: Bolton, Chol, Graham, Lambert
Emg: Ellis, Smith, Garthwaite
Yeah fair enough...
Deboer and kelly out is so massive for us... we must win this game

tony__montana

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Sorry don't think so, he was on him last time and got flogged.

In all fairness to Garth he was grossly underdone at that stage. Garth can cover enormous territory but doesnt have the speed to go with Cameron whose one of the best athletes in the comp. We'll have our hands full - hopefully we dominate play so he doesnt get enough ball to cause us too many problems

Last edited:

Meli

#gotiges
Aug 1, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Beat GWS and Pies by 6 goals each and we suddenly become premiership favourites.
Jack to come back any week now with a small small chance Rance plays somewhere in the finals.
I think we can give up on this happening.

IMO, moving him onto the long term list to fit in DES pretty much confirms he wont be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back