List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Tom Murphy has another year to go, and like Zurhaar, the agreement is he'd go to the senior list next season. 2 of our list changes are going to be promotions.
Correct. Along with making room for Hosie as well should he make it. That's 6 spots to be made free. (3 minimum for the National draft)

Correct. Along with making room for Hosie as well should he make it. That's 6 spots to be made free. (3 minimum for the National draft)

Hard decision rodeo coming up. Take out the ones that seem on the outset to be obvious - Watson, Hrovat, Wright - there'll be some bad luck moves on Red Og and at least one of Wilkinson and McKenzie from the rookie list.

The website shows Campbell as a senior listed player, may be one we shift across to the rookie list if that's accurate.

It would be remiss of MacMillan if he hasn't got his manager chatting to other clubs informally.

Jacobs and Hall have decisions to make on themselves for different reasons, not that either will be rushed and both have full support of the club.

We've snared some absolute high end bargains in Simpkin (was rated top three before the leg break, got him at 12), LDU (Freo will rue not taking him at 2 for many a long year) and Tarryn (homie they should have brought back that freakin' mini draft thing where blokes are taken before the real draft just for Tarryn, he's that quality) at 8.

And the back end drafting a la Zurhaar and Larkey late has been top shelf.

I'd rather keep cap room to pay the emerging kids.

It was literally Brad's idea to go the big fish strategy, he convinced the AFL to change the rules and let clubs "bank" cap, thinking he was ever so clever and would STRIKE and it would end up happy days.

Its like how I once went on a date with this very hot Russian woman, and had convinced myself the hipster movie, funky bar and general chat couldn't fail.

And I ended up walking home half cut kicking a stone down the cobbled streets of a European city, not having signed Josh Kelly, Dustin Martin or Andrew Gaff.
Should've gone to Helsinki..... Left Dad in the Irish bar to keep up my part in assisting Australia in maintaining complex international relationships with multiple interested parties.....

I could see the proud twinkle in Dad's eye as he stood with our backpacks at the marina when I got dropped off to the ferry.

Fair to say I'd reached the summit in my life and it's been downhill for the next 15 years. :-(

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hard decision rodeo coming up. Take out the ones that seem on the outset to be obvious - Watson, Hrovat, Wright - there'll be some bad luck moves on Red Og and at least one of Wilkinson and McKenzie from the rookie list.

The website shows Campbell as a senior listed player, may be one we shift across to the rookie list if that's accurate.

It would be remiss of MacMillan if he hasn't got his manager chatting to other clubs informally.

Jacobs and Hall have decisions to make on themselves for different reasons, not that either will be rushed and both have full support of the club.
Wilkinson and McKenzie are both going to be very unlucky. Get their chance throught he rookie draft, with Wilkinson in particular putting in some promising performances in pre-season, only to both have serious injury issues and lose the chance to push their case. I feel for both of those guys.

Does Red Og have another year on the cat b, or whatever it's called, list?

Should've gone to Helsinki..... Left Dad in the Irish bar to keep up my part in assisting Australia in maintaining complex international relationships with multiple interested parties.....

I could see the proud twinkle in Dad's eye as he stood with our backpacks at the marina when I got dropped off to the ferry.

Fair to say I'd reached the summit in my life and it's been downhill for the next 15 years. :-(

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes, lot to be said for the hospitality of the Finnish, both in and out of their home country.

Wilkinson and McKenzie are both going to be very unlucky. Get their chance throught he rookie draft, with Wilkinson in particular putting in some promising performances in pre-season, only to both have serious injury issues and lose the chance to push their case. I feel for both of those guys.

Does Red Og have another year on the cat b, or whatever it's called, list?

Wilkinson I fear for because he didn’t really show too much in the VFL at the start of the year and is now injured. Really needs to make every post a winner from here on in.

Red can stay on the Cat B rookie list.

Wright, Red, Watson, Hrovat, McKenzie all gone at seasons end. Wright i think might land at another club - still can play footy just lost a yard of pace. A great servant.

Wilkinson might retain a rookie spot if he strings together some good games but more than likely on the block also

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Astbury has just re signed with Richmond
Sorry TZ

865263c070c3ea2673fb19b7e8cd6567.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wright, Red, Watson, Hrovat, McKenzie all gone at seasons end. Wright i think might land at another club - still can play footy just lost a yard of pace. A great servant.

Wilkinson might retain a rookie spot if he strings together some good games but more than likely on the block also

They won't get rid of McKenzie unless his injuries are career threatening.

Look at the strength of last years draft pool. He was a v.good player in last years TAC Cup and on that formline alone, looms as a good player.

I'd be giving him another year.

Watson is baffling after what he showed pre-season as a forward. I think he has to be gone for space reasons.

I'd be trying to move Jacobs to the rookie list even though he's contracted until 2020. We aren't a charity and his prognosis hasn't improved in 12 months, we can't have 2.5 years of a list spot used up just on the chance he might be better next week. He can do that on the rookie list on a 1 year deal after being paid out.

Wright I think is gone purely as we need to clear space.

Hrovat gone.

I'd like to see alot more of Wilkinson, as there's still genuinely a spot for his type, however, we need space so could understand it.

Guys like Murphy, Garner, Xerri, MacMillan have all had moments with the club, but are probably lucky they are contracted until 2020 based on their years this year.

Tyson, Hall and Campbell is 7% of the list and probably a decent chunk of change on a not a whole heap of output for the AFL side at the moment.

Injuries to young kids for large blocks of seasons continue to plague us... I'd say as a guess over the last 5 years, we've had a maximum of around 80% of the list available, with most of that 20% being long term injuries rather than routine 2-3 weekers.

Last edited:

It's clearly no a big deal, but why would Red Og go if he's got another year where he's still eligible for the Cat B list? It wouldn't make sense to just bin him after one season unless he's feeling homesick.

It's clearly no a big deal, but why would Red Og go if he's got another year where he's still eligible for the Cat B list? It wouldn't make sense to just bin him after one season unless he's feeling homesick.
Because I watched him in the VFL and he genuinely struggles. Just because he can have another year, doesn't mean we should

Look at the strength of last years draft pool. He was a v.good player in last years TAC Cup and on that formline alone, looms as a good player.

Watson is baffling after what he showed pre-season as a forward. I think he has to be gone for space reasons.

I'd be trying to move Jacobs to the rookie list even though he's contracted until 2020. We aren't a charity and his prognosis hasn't improved in 12 months, we can't have 2.5 years of a list spot used up just on the chance he might be better next week. He can do that on the rookie list on a 1 year deal after being paid out.

Hrovat gone.

I'd like to see alot more of Wilkinson, as there's still genuinely a spot for his type, however, we need space so could understand it.

Guys like Murphy, Garner, Xerri, MacMillan have all had moments with the club, but are probably lucky they are contracted until 2020 based on their years this year.

Tyson, Hall and Campbell is 7% of the list and probably a decent chunk of change on a not a whole heap of output for the AFL side at the moment.

Injuries to young kids for large blocks of seasons continue to plague us... I'd say as a guess over the last 5 years, we've had a maximum of around 80% of the list available, with most of that 20% being long term injuries rather than routine 2-3 weekers.
Wouldn't surprise if Garner and Macmillan are shopped around this year.

EDIT- and Dumont

Because I watched him in the VFL and he genuinely struggles. Just because he can have another year, doesn't mean we should

That's probably because he's been playing for less than a year. I doubt Zach Tuohy, for example, was tearing it up in his first season in the VFL either.

It costs us very little to keep him on. If you took a risk vs reward outlook, it's pretty much all in our favor. There's nothing to lose by giving him another year.

We have Williams, McDonald, Atley, Pittard, Macmillan, Wright, Murphy and EVW coming back next year. If North were going to pick up a HBF, he’d want to be better than decent to be worthwhile.
Is Williams is slowly dropping off in output or is he just focusing on being a lockdown small for us ?? Since we have Pittard playing the run out of the defence role.

Hrovat gone.

Xerri is second year tall developing well. Would be ridiculous to cut him.

Screenshot_20190709-162654_Chrome.jpg

Aiden Bonar

A first-round pick in the 2017 draft, Aiden Bonar has looked good when he’s had his chances at senior level but the Giants’ immense depth has him languishing in the NEAFL. Any club looking for an injection of young talent with a side of x-factor will be in the mix. He’s a Melbourne boy out of the Dandenong Stingrays. Aiden Bonar hasn’t been able to get a regular game with the Giants.

Last edited:
Sammy Wright could be Gold Coast's version of Luke Hodge to Brisbane should he so desire.

Except he struggles to get on the park.

It's over for him mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back