Preview Strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde v Brisbane, Adelaide Oval, Sunday

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lions CEO admits key duo "unlikely" to face Port Adelaide
Brisbane CEO Greg Swann has revealed star duo Eric Hipwood and Luke Hodge are in significant doubt to face Port Adelaide this weekend.
Hodge copped a heavy hit to the ribs from Giants forward Jeremy Cameron and played out the game sore.
Hipwood meanwhile suffered a knee injury early in the game and while he also continued playing, scans have revealed some minor damage.

Hipwood out would be handy for Port ... Could be crap though.

He wrecked us last time with 6 goals so I wouldn’t be upset to see him miss.

Lions CEO admits key duo "unlikely" to face Port Adelaide
Brisbane CEO Greg Swann has revealed star duo Eric Hipwood and Luke Hodge are in significant doubt to face Port Adelaide this weekend.
Hodge copped a heavy hit to the ribs from Giants forward Jeremy Cameron and played out the game sore.
Hipwood meanwhile suffered a knee injury early in the game and while he also continued playing, scans have revealed some minor damage.

Hipwood out would be handy for Port ... Could be crap though.

Will be disappointing not to see Lucifer Codge go round one more time.

All anusry aside, incredible career.

Probably the game I have looked forward to attending the most this year. Finally we are at full strength, come off a decent win and will be playing someone who will test us and have a decent record against and plays a good brand of footy to watch.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Big O in action for the Lions after I happened to watch the Suns v Lions trial when I was up in the GC at end of February and he showed a bit. Reckon he might step up with Hipwood out. He did take the match winning mark and goal in rd 3.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is a 19 goals vs 17 goals type game as Sunday night, though given our luck this year, there will be rain before and/or during the game if the rain forecast is more than 20%.

Want to see Dixon take a few marks and not run under the ball. Want to see us not just bomb it inside 50 but actually pass it more than normal. Hope we have a plan to stop Neale if he starts dominating.

Willsy10

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ONE.

Okay i just realized i left caps lock on but it sums up how i feel about this game and how important it is for not just the team but also the supporter base.

We've been burnt so many times this year when we've got our hopes up, i feel like they owe us this one.

I'm optimistic that at the very least we will give it everything we've got for 4 quarters unlike all the other games we've lost this year. I'm hoping that even if we lose it's because we've been beaten by a better side and not because we haven't turned up.

Port by 20.

Changes between Rd 3 game and last weekend.

Port
Boak out for Amon
Drew out for Hartlett
Ryder out for Dixon

Brisbane
Bastinac out for Answerth
Mathieson out for Christensen
McInnery out for Lester
Walker... out for Adams

Looks like 3 mil of rain on Sunday, hopefully it's in the morning

The HPN guys have looked at weather and footy and come to the conclusion bonus points for high scoring is unfair. Plus we play a lot in the rain. Sides with least rain play lots of home and away games at Docklands.

The HPN guys have looked at weather and footy and come to the conclusion bonus points for high scoring is unfair. Plus we play a lot in the rain. Sides with least rain play lots of home and away games at Docklands.

View attachment 706266

Lol, I can't believe someone actually went to the trouble of compiling this set of stats. But I'm glad they did because it verifies our long held belief that we are the football rain gods.

Hawthorn I assume includes their home games in Tassie, so that basically doesn't even count.

Windy Cindy

Premiership Player
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Here we go again.. another 8 point game.

I think this is the most important game this year, we can damage the lions chances and build our own confidence and then we take on the tigers and this will let us know where we really are at

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
I’m an idiot but I reckon we’ll win this. I reckon we’ll easily make finals as well.

Robbie Gray, Hamish Hartlett, Dougal Howard and Karlos ******* Amon have won my heart.

We are storming this competition mother fu**s.

Not sure how needing to win 4 of 7 games makes it an easy task at all, especially with who we have to play.

I’m worried about the game, not because of the win one/lose one pattern, but because our winning margin against the Crows was flattering. They were crap in the second half. They didn’t play AFL standard footy.

I’m expecting Brisbane to put in a four quarter effort. I’m also expecting to see a ripping game on Sunday.

Winganeen

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Really big game for........ Sam Gray.

When Brisbane were shite, SGray would dominate them.
SGray played out of his skin last week.
SGray rarely plays two good games in a row.

Will be really interesting to see which Sam Gray shows up.......????

Trepidation. Cannot trust that we'll turn up with the right attitude.

Robbie is about the only player I feel confident that he is professional enough to back up a good game. He wasn't fit/in form last time we played the Lions, hoping he's the difference on Sunday.

Rockliff taking on his old team, too - should be motivated. Charles just about ripe to rip a game apart. Hartlett hard and tough. These players, plus our homeground advantage, should be enough to reverse the last result.

But who knows? We're just as likely to fall in a heap this week then beat a resurgent faux-Glenelg at the 'G next week. Schizophrenic, until proven otherwise

Probably the biggest game between our two clubs since the glory days of the early 2000's.

If it were at the GABBA, I'd confidently say Lions win but since it's at AO, I confidently say Port win. Hopefully we actually show up, unlike that other Adelaide team that think they're top notch.

I imagine it will be a good game to watch, Port by 20.

Pear1870

Section 301
Port Adelaide - Allir Allir Player Sponsor 2021 Port Adelaide - Kane Farrell Player Sponsor 2021 Port Adelaide - Connor Rozee Player Sponsor 2020
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jewish guys who hate playing FIFA?

I don't understand this comment. Or reason for the word Jewish to be included
Please explain your statement "Jewish guys who hate playing FIFA"

For now, I will give benefit of doubt and assume it is not antisemitic.

Back