Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have Spurs back in the group with Chels/United/Arsenal TBH.

The battle for spots 3-8 or 9 is going to be intense.
I don’t think so. We were massively affected last season by injuries and World Cup fatigue (due to Belgium and England reaching the final stages) so I feel we should be far better equipped to last the pace next season. Chelsea losing Hazard is huge, Arsenal look in a mess and I just see OGS being the right man at United. Football is a funny game though so you never know

Not sold on West Ham, if Wolves can get more wins against bottom sides, they're the ones more likely to break into the top 4.
Wolves might have second season syndrome for me, and they haven’t done any business yet

Could be a really exciting season. Expect Liverpool and City to be way ahead again, Spurs possibly caught in no mans land in 3rd (depending on how the rest of the window goes really) with Chelsea, United and Arsenal perhaps being caught by the likes of Leicester, Everton and maybe West Ham. I think the gap maybe narrowing which is a good thing
I agree, there seems to be the top 2 and then a bit of a free fall (with Spurs very likely heading that list).

It is better for the game to have some of the ‘smaller clubs’ fighting for Europe.

Mind you, I say smaller but we’ve dropped 40mil on Tielemans and 30m on Perez. We’re leaving Arsenal for dead in the money stakes haha. Just remains to be seen if that’s the Maguire money at play or not.

I agree, there seems to be the top 2 and then a bit of a free fall (with Spurs very likely heading that list).

It is better for the game to have some of the ‘smaller clubs’ fighting for Europe.

Mind you, I say smaller but we’ve dropped 40mil on Tielemans and 30m on Perez. We’re leaving Arsenal for dead in the money stakes haha. Just remains to be seen if that’s the Maguire money at play or not.
I think we’re an 80+ point team in reality not the 71 points we finished on last season. Hopefully the Ndombele signing gets us up to around 90 points but in reality we still need a few signings to flesh out the squad.

Can see Leicester getting towards 70 points next season. Gonna be the dark horse again I reckon

Spurs improve there squad drastically and we fall back to the pack..

.. ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You've replaced Dembele(perhaps). Still a fair bit to go before youve drastically done anything.

Screenshot_20190709-194035_Samsung Internet.jpg

And you were just one of the pack so its not really falling back either.

Last edited:
I don’t think so. We were massively affected last season by injuries and World Cup fatigue (due to Belgium and England reaching the final stages) so I feel we should be far better equipped to last the pace next season. Chelsea losing Hazard is huge, Arsenal look in a mess and I just see OGS being the right man at United. Football is a funny game though so you never know

Yeah just my thoughts, i dont rate Spurs as highly as you boys but thats always going to be the case. Football is a funny game as you say.

I think we’re an 80+ point team in reality not the 71 points we finished on last season. Hopefully the Ndombele signing gets us up to around 90 points but in reality we still need a few signings to flesh out the squad.

Can see Leicester getting towards 70 points next season. Gonna be the dark horse again I reckon
I don’t know about 70 points but I like the way you think. I’d be hoping for roughly 60. Really excited to see Rodgers ball this season!

If Hammers get Maxi Gomez they'll be pretty decent.
My main issue with West Ham is that they've promised a lot in the last 3 seasons but have been underwhelming. They're more than capable of at least a Europa spot but they just haven't delivered.

You've replaced Dembele(perhaps). Still a fair bit to go before youve drastically done anything.

View attachment 706342

And you are were just one of the pack so its not really falling back either.
Basically went the whole season without Dembele though so Ndombele is an addition rather than a replacement.

As I said our points total doesn’t accurately reflect where we are at because the players had virtually no pre-season and we suffered injuries and fatigue because of it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My main issue with West Ham is that they've promised a lot in the last 3 seasons but have been underwhelming. They're more than capable of at least a Europa spot but they just haven't delivered.

Yeah fair enough. Evertons my dark horse, i think they'll be a much better team this coming season. Need a few more signings though.

Spurs will continue to challenge up until the final few weeks. If they keep the team fit they'll challenge.
Yeah it’s basically down to that. We need to bring in two or three players who can contribute in place of the likes of Gashen and one or two others. Need a new right back as well and a Kane back up because he is now injury prone due to a weakened ankle.

Much rather be in our position than Chelsea’s though, who have lost by far their best player and have a rookie manager installed

Basically went the whole season without Dembele though so Ndombele is an addition rather than a replacement.

As I said our points total doesn’t accurately reflect where we are at because the players had virtually no pre-season and we suffered injuries and fatigue because of it
Coming from the French league is always a gamble too, hopefully hes not a Bakayoko mach 2.

Hanging onto Toby and Eriksen is the key for Spurs for me.

Coming from the French league is always a gamble too, hopefully hes not a Bakayoko mach 2.

Hanging onto Toby and Eriksen is the key for Spurs for me.
Losing Eriksen would leave a question mark, but the reality is he had a poor 2018/19, and if his output for 19/20 was the same you’d arguably gamble on selling and bringing in a big money replacement. Toby would be a loss but he’s not the player he was two seasons ago, but ideally I wouldn’t want him to go.

I don’t really see how Ndombele is a 10 point upgrade on Sissoko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back