Play Nice Indigenous AFL players call out Adam Goodes's treatment ahead of The Final Quarter documentary release

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t be a prick. It’s called reading between the lines hero.

Not trawling this quagmire just to find something we all know we are talking about.
Oooh, so it's not actually something that's being said or pushed in anyone's face, it's just your feelings.

Oooh, so it's not actually something that's being said or pushed in anyone's face, it's just your feelings.

Don’t be a prick.

You know exactly what we are talking about.

Fact is outside of SJWs, no one likes your staging, chip carrying, sheer narcissist, and racist of a bloke.

Deal with that.

Calling someone a prick because they ask for evidence when you make a big claim about what other people are doing or saying.

What were you saying about generation snowflake?

You and your ‘bloods’ are the biggest pack of snowflakes in the comp.

What was the last thing you attempted to bully Eddie into apologising for?

That’s hilarious.

we still have morons saying the booing was solely racist...

yet to see substantative evidence it was

Sorry mate he’s right, this is a discussion forum and you’ve gone to water when tested.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah right.

What am I supposed to be looking for quotes for?

That people think the booing of Goodes was driven by racism?

That’s ******* undeniable.

Not in high school anymore big boy.

Yeah right.

What am I supposed to be looking for quotes for?

That people think the booing of Goodes was driven by racism?

That’s ******* undeniable.

Not in high school anymore big boy.

As soon as you got tested you reverted to insults. Prick, Snowflake, SJW. Left completely lacking in an intellectual discussion once it gets past “the vibe” and your pre-conceived ideas. Completely exposed

So you keep saying. Citation please.

Australia has a deeply racist history. One of the very first acts of the first Australian Parliament, the White Australia Policy, was a piece of racist legislation.

Indigenous Australians were not permitted to vote in their own country till 1967. That is racist.

Indigenous Australian children were taken away from their parents, never to see them again, for no other reason than that they were indigenous. That is racist, and it is not even ancient history. Adam Goodes' mother was one.

Until Mabo, land title in Australia was based on the lie of Terra Nullius. That is racist.

To anyone with a functioning brain, it is clear that Australian history is utterly shot through with racism.

Yet when an outspoken indigenous sporting star is booed, none of it is racism. None of it. It's anything but racism apparently.

No, not racism. No, how could it be? No, we're not racist! Us? Nah. I mean, just look at how unracisty we are. Apart from the White Australia Policy, and Aboriginals not being allowed to vote, and the Stolen Generation, and Terra Nullius, how exactly are we racists? How could we be racists? Impossible.
Ohh ffs. How many times does it have to be pointed out. Hawthorn people booed him whilst having players that are aboriginal on their list for starters. Same with basically every side. Cyril, Buddy, burgoyne, Ryder, the list goes on, have never been booted unless they wacked an opposition player. If you dont understand that then you have no hope and I'm done with you.

Wow this sh@t is getting real. I’m genuinely scared about where you are gonna go next.

Go next? You're scared?
To point out all the advancements that our planet has gone through thanks to good people who are white, is far less scarey than insulting a race due to a stupid accusation of fragility.
I know you proberbly hate either yourself or white people, but that doesnt change the facts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go next? You're scared?
To point out all the advancements that our planet has gone through thanks to good people who are white, is far less scarey than insulting a race due to a stupid accusation of fragility.
This one is pretty concerning and shows a serious lack of knowledge of world history:
White fragility? Lol. They have been the most dominant race on the planet. They have been at the forefront of change, at ending prior injustices. Setting up robust democracies unlike other places on the planet where Governments are taken out by the barrel of a gun.

Ohh ffs. How many times does it have to be pointed out. Hawthorn people booed him whilst having players that are aboriginal on their list for starters. Same with basically every side. Cyril, Buddy, burgoyne, Ryder, the list goes on, have never been booted unless they wacked an opposition player. If you dont understand that then you have no hope and I'm done with you.
Ah, the old ‘I can’t be racist, I have black friends’ card. It doesn’t stand up to intellectual rigour in everyday circles and it doesn’t stand up here.

I note the conversation has moved on to the idea Goodes should have just shrugged it off because (insert Aboriginal player) had it worse. No Aboriginal person should have to ‘shrug off’ racist abuse. And to those praising the way Winmar and Long handled it, it’s worth pointing out they were told by a large section of the community that they were mentally weak for letting it affect them and they should have shrugged it off. Winmar and Long wouldn’t be on your side any more than history will be.

Where does it state Bolt was convicted
In that same article

<<Speaking outside court, Bolt described the verdict as "a terrible day for free speech in this country".

"It is particularly a restriction on the freedom of all Australians to discuss multiculturalism and how people identify themselves," he said.

"I argued then and I argue now that we should not insist on differences between us but focus instead on what unites us as human beings."

The Herald and Weekly Times says it is disappointed with the decision.

In a statement the company says it will review the judgment before deciding whether or not to lodge an appeal.

But there was jubilation inside the court as the decision was handed down.>>>

In that same article

<<Speaking outside court, Bolt described the verdict as "a terrible day for free speech in this country".

"It is particularly a restriction on the freedom of all Australians to discuss multiculturalism and how people identify themselves," he said.

"I argued then and I argue now that we should not insist on differences between us but focus instead on what unites us as human beings."

The Herald and Weekly Times says it is disappointed with the decision.

In a statement the company says it will review the judgment before deciding whether or not to lodge an appeal.

But there was jubilation inside the court as the decision was handed down.>>>
It doesn't say he was convicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back