Alberton Proud

May 24, 2012
Beachside
The old banana in the dif you reckon.

more like this

"I have conversations with Ken all the time about a whole multitude of things, and he gets really annoyed when these types of questions (about him coaching elsewhere) are asked and he wanted me to come in here today and be absolutely clear with you all that it annoys him when his name is thrown up in situations where there is a mischievous nature behind it. Ken is 100% committed to the Port Adelaide Football Club." - Chris Davies

Mar 22, 2013
Liverpool FC, Carolina Panther's
Put it this way I’d rather have a situation where the assistants care and are demanding success rather than having a head coach trying his best with a bunch of assistants that couldn’t care less (that’s probably been one of the problems in recent years with people like Voss and Basset assisting Ken), atleast the first situation keeps the head coach honest and on his toes and if he isn’t on his toes then he becomes at risk to losing his job, it just gives him more incentive to succeed

Ken Hinkley is incapable of coaching at top 4 team. Once every decade someone might fluke a flag from 5-8 but if you’re serious you need to finish top 4. He couldn’t have done that with Essendon in 2000. He has to go.
Below in the graphic is why only one team outside the top 3 have won a flag since 2000 when the current system started and the first year players were 100% professional. Never before have 7 of the top 8 teams been separated by 1 game with 1 game to go and also was the first time there was a bye between final round and week 1 of the finals. 2016 is a big outlier.

If you are serious you need to finish top 2 to win a ie win 16 or 17 games before finals.

To win from 3rd you need to be special or have special circumstances. 3rd team has won the flag 5 times since 2000.

Twice its been when triple heavyweight champions have won their 3rd flag from 3rd, ie Brisbane 2003 and Hawthorn 2015.

Sydney in 2005 when they went thru that era of close games with WCE - lost the 2v3 QF by 4pts then won the GF by 4pts. Sydney did it again in 2012 but had been building for several years of finals.

Richmond did it in 2017 but had the advantage of the MCG being their home ground and playing away teams Geelong, GWS and Adelaide in their 3 finals games.

So if you want to see us win a flag - history shows we aren't anything special, this year there isn't likely to be 1 game that separates the top 7 teams - we have to finish top 2. Maybe we can sneak in with 15 wins but that would mean win 7 straight from here.

Finishing 4th is almost pointless to winning a flag. There is an exponential jump from 4th to premiers. Finishing 4th, since 2000, have never won a premiership, only twice has 4th side made a grand final, 2002 and 2006, and 4th has been knocked out in straight sets several times, in 2014, 15 and 18.

Its finishing Top 2 that really matters. That's what the media and footy public should talk about. Are they good enough to be a top 2 side, not this they are a top 4 side. Being 4th best at the end of the home and away doesn't really end up achieving much.

Sep 26, 2012
"I have conversations with Ken all the time about a whole multitude of things, and he gets really annoyed when these types of questions (about him coaching elsewhere) are asked and he wanted me to come in here today and be absolutely clear with you all that it annoys him when his name is thrown up in situations where there is a mischievous nature behind it. Ken is 100% committed to the Port Adelaide Football Club." - Chris Davies
Sweet Caroline.

It Just Is

Jun 25, 2012
On cloud 9
Can suck it!
Below in the graphic is why only one team outside the top 3 have won a flag since 2000 when the current system started and the first year players were 100% professional. Never before have 7 of the top 8 teams been separated by 1 game with 1 game to go and also was the first time there was a bye between final round and week 1 of the finals. 2016 is a big outlier.

If you are serious you need to finish top 2 to win a ie win 16 or 17 games before finals.

To win from 3rd you need to be special or have special circumstances. 3rd team has won the flag 5 times since 2000.

Twice its been when triple heavyweight champions have won their 3rd flag from 3rd, ie Brisbane 2003 and Hawthorn 2015.

Sydney in 2005 when they went thru that era of close games with WCE - lost the 2v3 QF by 4pts then won the GF by 4pts. Sydney did it again in 2012 but had been building for several years of finals.

Richmond did it in 2017 but had the advantage of the MCG being their home ground and playing away teams Geelong, GWS and Adelaide in their 3 finals games.

So if you want to see us win a flag - history shows we aren't anything special, this year there isn't likely to be 1 game that separates the top 7 teams - we have to finish top 2. Maybe we can sneak in with 15 wins but that would mean win 7 straight from here.

Finishing 4th is almost pointless to winning a flag. There is an exponential jump from 4th to premiers. Finishing 4th, since 2000, have never won a premiership, only twice has 4th side made a grand final, 2002 and 2006, and 4th has been knocked out in straight sets several times, in 2014, 15 and 18.

Its finishing Top 2 that really matters. That's what the media and footy public should talk about. Are they good enough to be a top 2 side, not this they are a top 4 side. Being 4th best at the end of the home and away doesn't really end up achieving much.

View attachment 706232
Fantastic post mate

jakey

Oct 9, 2004
Loyal to a fault, our Kenneth.

Sep 26, 2012
Sorry, Google is not as good as I thought it was given the number of times that term has been used on FigBooty.

I also thought you were being sarcastic :oops:

No way am I typing figbooty.com directly into a web browser. Still getting over all the garlic and ginger abusers.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app