Retired #18: Michael Hurley šŸ» - Staying on in a coaching and player welfare role! - 3/10

18 - Hurley.jpg

Contract Status: Retired
Last Game Played: Currently in the side
Injury Status: Comes back from injury to play his final game for the club this weekend - 18/8
He's back! Playing a half in the VFL this weekend - 15/7
Joins main training in the next couple of weeks! - 15/6

Had a calf setback, now running again - 28/4

Wants to play a half in the VFL in the next couple of weeks - 30/3

Joined main training? - 3/3
Ahead of schedule, doing some big running loads - 16/2
Progressing well, R1 'too soon' to return, no time frame - 11/1
On track for playing return around Round 6 - 12/3

Ahead of schedule, running soon - 15/12
Hip replacement surgery - 10/10
Placed on the inactive list, will not play in 2021 - 31/5
Hopes to play the last 6 weeks of the season if not sooner - 26/4
At the club daily doing 1-2 hours of exercise for recovery - 23/3
On the mend - 19/3
Apparently using the hot/cold pools at the club, progress? - 5/3
Limping on crutches with an IV at the preseason game - 25/2
Discharged, recuperating at home... again. No time frame on return - 17/2
Apparently back in hospital - 15/2
Discharged from hospital, recuperating at home. No timeframe - 9/2
In hospital with an infected leg - 4/2

My Boy Draft 2022: Claim here

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
If Hurley is in AA contention then so is Hooker who's been better. Ambrose is probably the no.1 lock down player in the comp so he may get a look in.

Saad is close to the best small so he's a chance.

We could finish outside the 8 and have half a dozen AA players.

Essendon logic.

Err no, thatā€™s kelvin sheedy logic

I don't get it? Why these two?
A great of the fairly recent past and a very good current day defender, both known for their aggression? They may have another one with perhaps Jack Riewoldt and Matthew Scarlett :shrug:

Well channel 7 has wrote Hurley off
96703a49957be3b490cf5a1c71c201b1.jpg
Hurls wrote on the Instagram post that he played on him once and Brown toweled him up. Tried to find the match but no luck

Aug 28, 2009
Bermuda Triangle
AFL Club
Essendon
Hurls wrote on the Instagram post that he played on him once and Brown toweled him up. Tried to find the match but no luck

One of my favourite games was his first game against Tredrea pretty sure it was his first game for the club and absolutely destroyed him

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
I'm going to buck the trend and agree with kelvin_sheedy and say that Hooker has been on par with Hooker.

Hurley's best has been better than Hookers whilst Hooker is doing the less glamorous stuff better than Hurley.

All I will say is we are incredibly lucky to have two such high quality key defenders in the one team at the same time.

I'm going to buck the trend and agree with kelvin_sheedy and say that Hooker has been on par with Hooker.
well, youā€™re certainly making about as much sense here as old mate kelvin

Hurley's best has been better than Hookers whilst Hooker is doing the less glamorous stuff better than Hurley.

All I will say is we are incredibly lucky to have two such high quality key defenders in the one team at the same time.

I think youā€™re seeing one too many Hookers

Hamez

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Under a injury cloud:
Michael Hurley is likely to put his hand up for selection after undertaking precautionary scans on Monday.

Hurley impressed with 23 disposals, 12 marks, nine intercept possessions and eight rebound 50s against the Swans and Crow expects the key defender to be made available this weekend.

ā€œMichael has been managing his hips over a few years now. We just got a scan to check the current state of that hip joint.

ā€œHeā€™ll be monitored throughout this week, but weā€™re hopeful that heā€™ll be available come match day.ā€

Under a injury cloud:
Either there were reports that he was seen entering a hospital on Monday or this is again to throw doubt on whether Hooker will play forward or back. Why answer a question that was never asked if he isn't going to miss training or games? Usually they'd keep those sort of cards closer to their chest.

May also explain the question about whether Zerk will play VFL or AFL.

ā€œHeā€™ll be monitored throughout this week, but weā€™re hopeful that heā€™ll be available come match day.ā€

Heā€™s out then.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

Heā€™s out then.

The fitness departments needs a clean out starting with Crow cant keep having players injured and not ready to hit the season

it was. he did. it was amazing. 0 goals for Tredders
We then sent him forward for a few seasons.
Essendon :p
Genius Knighta, it's not as if we had a 900 goal full forward still able to play forward then either.

Oh.

Back