Review Round 16, 2019 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against GWS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Its working for me! Since Jake Best stopped posting haven't been watching the uploads. Tbh not all that much of a loss.. gets a bit tiring watching robbo :p

So this is a question for the ten year olds- how come whenever I tap on one of these video clips is says video unavailable. Am I using the wrong finger? Does it have a you’re not cool (or whatever the current phrase is) filter?

My guess is you have a blocker in your browser or your antivirus... Some antivirus programs won't let you click on a "3rd party" link (if you're already in a site it may not let you jump to another because of threats). The other possibility is there are sites that are blacklisted in some search engines/antiviruses. I use DuckDuckGo which is a pretty strict browser at keeping away cookies/trackers/spyware etc and keeps no records of your searches.

By default it would prefer you to watch YouTube videos in it's own viewer than take you to YouTube itself because of the tracking the site does.

Try using whatever browser you have Firefox/Chrome etc and going directly to YouTube. Search AFL360 and you should be able to find it there.

It sounds like your system might be just screwed down tightly for protecting you from outside threats. I don't see another reason it would block you from a YouTube link but I could be wrong.

Paywalls for news sites and pay TV sites are another story and most of us can't get past them...

Robbo and Gerard are a great combo.

Gerard stops Robbo from getting himself sacked on a nightly basis.

Robbo stops Gerard from disappearing too far up his own arse.

Contrary opinion: Huddo allows us to see FreeBird Robbo, where he can just drunkenly riff cliches for minutes at a time. It's the real, pure s**t.

We'd have to be one of the top few second half teams in the league also... We've been storming home all year. Not necessarily starting fast tho. Perhaps a sign of Fagan's ability to make adjustments in games?
Almost like we're training to be really good at premiership quarters? ;)

Not a fan of Whateley any more, turned into a bit of a parody of himself, bit too full of his own importance for me.

I like Huddo, Nick Reiwoldt, Jimmy Bartel, Nick Dal Santo, Leigh Matthews and when he's not tripping over his own tongue I like Dermott Brereton's insights.

Bizarre how Andrews didn't make the team of the week after that performance against a top 4 team. Fear that he may miss out on a well deserved AA jersey because of extreme Victorian bias. He has to do so much much more to get any recognition.
Particularly with the praise Sicily received on 360. Robbo proclaimed that he doesn’t recall a better effort by a key backman all year. Sure Sicily was BOG on Friday night but give me a break, Harris has had multiple games of similar note.

I'm sure he is but he doesn't seem to be barking out any instructions much and the guys often take the phone when they get to the bench. I think this sort of collaborative responsibility amongst the coaches is a big positive for us , we seem to have it down pat compared to other clubs, because you can't expect one guy to keep track of everything that's occurring during the game. You also see things differently from up high to on the bench and vice versa. Plus we have Hodge Zorko Harris and Neale on the ground and they too seem to be organising structures from time to time.

I've got no doubt that the way we've spread responsibility across a number of people has greatly improved our capacity to not bleed goals when things go a little pear shaped in games . We know how to turn the tap off. Which is why we've been competitive in every game during the last quarter bar 1.
Given that Fages sits on the bench and does not appear to have an active role in game day coaching while on the bench, I would love to know the allocated role of coaches upstairs. Fages takes notes and I assume uses his nous and communicates his insight into game day tactics at the breaks.

Particularly with the praise Sicily received on 360. Robbo proclaimed that he doesn’t recall a better effort by a key backman all year. Sure Sicily was BOG on Friday night but give me a break, Harris has had multiple games of similar note.

In fairness Robbo is a week to week proposition at best. Expecting him to remember last week, let alone the entire year is a stretch.

Not a fan of Whateley any more, turned into a bit of a parody of himself, bit too full of his own importance for me.

I like Huddo, Nick Reiwoldt, Jimmy Bartel, Nick Dal Santo, Leigh Matthews and when he's not tripping over his own tongue I like Dermott Brereton's insights.

I actually agree with this. I was a huge fan. But lately, this whole "keeping them accountable" role he is playing is all a bit played out. He is pretty powerful now, but isn't humble about it.

Gary Lyon is by far the best special comments person during games IMO. Absolute stand out, he sees the game unfolding as it happens and calls it perfectly. And, another young performer who is exceptional is Sam Docerty, not sure if you have heard him on SEN? he is brilliant, as much as it hurts me to say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no question that Harro deserves to be all australian, I believe he is the best defender in the league hands down. The best thing about our club and team is there is no ego at all. If he missed out I genuinely don’t think he would give 2 hoots. I believe it what we are about now.

Gary Lyon is by far the best special comments person during games IMO. Absolute stand out, he sees the game unfolding as it happens and calls it perfectly. And, another young performer who is exceptional is Sam Docerty, not sure if you have heard him on SEN? he is brilliant, as much as it hurts me to say.

Don't mind Garry though he is abysmal when paired up with mates like Frawley and Brayshaw. The only special comments person I've really liked recently has been Roo; insightful, concise, professional. Legitimately all I want.

I must have been seeing things as I thought Sicily got caught with the ball twice by having brain fades. One directly resulted in a goal and not sure about the other one. He did have a lot of intercepts but it was hardly the perfect game. I also can't forget Sicily kicking straight out down the middle against us and we scored directly from it. We then got the centre clearance and scored. Totally changed momentum of game. I would pick Harris over Sicily every day of the week.

The special comments people just tell the viewer what they can see themselves 90% of the time.

Whately would have to be the most sanctimonious ignorant person I've ever heard comment on sport,of any description ,and annoyingly paints himself as some sort of nice guy.

Robbo surely must be on the turps.

Huddo reacts to the flow and emotion of the game very well and makes it a more enjoyable experience , more knowledgeable than most of the ex players.

I really like Lynchy when he gets a gig ,far more insightful than he's given credit for.

Lee just tells it like it is with no drama ,at least not annoying.

Bruce just needs to shut up.

For the most part I don't get any great insight from most of them so if they just calmed down and didn't pretend they can tell you something you can't see and just spoke when they had something to add it'd be a whole lot better.

The special comments people just tell the viewer what they can see themselves 90% of the time.

Whately would have to be the most sanctimonious ignorant person I've ever heard comment on sport,of any description ,and annoyingly paints himself as some sort of nice guy.

Robbo surely must be on the turps.

Huddo reacts to the flow and emotion of the game very well and makes it a more enjoyable experience , more knowledgeable than most of the ex players.

I really like Lynchy when he gets a gig ,far more insightful than he's given credit for.

Lee just tells it like it is with no drama ,at least not annoying.

Bruce just needs to shut up.

For the most part I don't get any great insight from most of them so if they just calmed down and didn't pretend they can tell you something you can't see and just spoke when they had something to add it'd be a whole lot better.
Great summary.

Papilia (sp???) is another I quite like calling games in much the same vein as Huddo.

All footy commentary and monday night footy talk shows are just content generation exercises and are pretty pointless. The only special comments person that is consistently insightful and not just paint by the numbers is Riewoldt.

From that perspective you realise that what you really want out of footy media is entertainment, and Robbo is easily (though unintentionally) the funniest.

Given that Fages sits on the bench and does not appear to have an active role in game day coaching while on the bench, I would love to know the allocated role of coaches upstairs. Fages takes notes and I assume uses his nous and communicates his insight into game day tactics at the breaks.
Given he's on a headphone set the whole time I'd imagine that there in constant communication back and forth between them. They'd be confirming what he's seeing and adding in things he can't see from that area along with the computer stats etc.

Given he's on a headphone set the whole time I'd imagine that there in constant communication back and forth between them. They'd be confirming what he's seeing and adding in things he can't see from that area along with the computer stats etc.

Further to this, would it be fair to say that we would have less than half the amount of coaches Essendon has (pic taken from last week's game), noting the pic seems to have cut off a few from the right hand side and Worsfold was sitting on the bench (although Heppel is seated in the back row)?:

Back