List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port are playing for finals, and cant afford to play developing players that dont earn their spot.

Cause we’ve played so many finals lately. And are going to make finals this year?

Also this is by far the craziest place to say we can’t play people who haven’t earned their spot. I’m flabbergasted a port supporter could utter that sentence without it being some sort of joke.

Cause we’ve played so many finals lately. And are going to make finals this year?

Also this is by far the craziest place to say we can’t play people who haven’t earned their spot. I’m flabbergasted a port supporter could utter that sentence without it being some sort of joke.
No, because we are Port Adelaide - and never give up! Do you suggest we run up the white flag & give up on playing finals now? I am flabbergasted to hear that from a Port supporter!

Do I agree with the golden passes given to some players? Absolutely not! To suggest we now give gold passes to kids who havent earned the right either, is just plain ludicrous and hypocritical IMO!

Yes we have issues to sort out .... but we are not the Gold Coast!

No, because we are Port Adelaide - and never give up! Do you suggest we run up the white flag & give up on playing finals now? I am flabbergasted to hear that from a Port supporter!

Do I agree with the golden passes given to some players? Absolutely not! To suggest we now give gold passes to kids who havent earned the right either, is just plain ludicrous and hypocritical IMO!

Yes we have issues to sort out .... but we are not the Gold Coast!

If there’s a correlation between playing the entrenched and winning here at port I would love you to point it out.

If we want to be any good as a team we’re going to have to develop our own players in the afl side at some point.

If there’s a correlation between playing the entrenched and winning here at port I would love you to point it out.

If we want to be any good as a team we’re going to have to develop our own players in the afl side at some point.

Or we could do what we are doing and play the AFL system in the SANFL so the jump isn't as great.

Hawks board reckons they are into Amon along with Patton, Coniglio and Whitfield.

So I’m thinking “How? They’ve got Mitchell, O’Maera, Sicily, Wingard, Scully, Impey...” and then I realise that their list is pretty s**t and guys like Frawley, Gunston, Breust and Shiels aren’t getting any younger. Yeah, they beat us, but with Jonas and Gray coming back for their first game in a month and no Lycett, Wines, Dixon, Ebert or Burton.

They truly think they can discard their dross (like Roughead) to Gold Coast and move their pick up to get Anderson. Biggest bunch of deluded supporters in the league - like the Lakers thinking they were going to get Kawhi Leonard just because they have Lebron and AD.

Going there is a waste of time Karl. Especially since they are talking about playing you off of half back. You’ve shown that you’re better than that this year.

P.S. stop rummaging through our list Clarkson.

Or we could do what we are doing and play the AFL system in the SANFL so the jump isn't as great.

If we plug and played like for likes instead of changing the structure on a whim to pick the players we'd prefer, this would be a great point.

The structure we're playing now is actually pretty effective, but we're finally playing 2 key forwards along with Westhoff. The question is, how long can we maintain it so performances like the 2nd half of the Showdown become automatic instead of everyone playing like they are furiously studying the script struggling to remember the latest revision to their lines.

Hawks board reckons they are into Amon along with Patton, Coniglio and Whitfield.

So I’m thinking “How? They’ve got Mitchell, O’Maera, Sicily, Wingard, Scully, Impey...” and then I realise that their list is pretty s**t and guys like Frawley, Gunston, Breust and Shiels aren’t getting any younger. Yeah, they beat us, but with Jonas and Gray coming back for their first game in a month and no Lycett, Wines, Dixon, Ebert or Burton.

They truly think they can discard their dross (like Roughead) to Gold Coast and move their pick up to get Anderson. Biggest bunch of deluded supporters in the league - like the Lakers thinking they were going to get Kawhi Leonard just because they have Lebron and AD.

Going there is a waste of time Karl. Especially since they are talking about playing you off of half back. You’ve shown that you’re better than that this year.

It’s clear that Clarkson will do a runner if hawthorn bottom out so their target will be to pinch as many ready made players as possible to keep him around.

As someone said a while back hawthorn are a de facto big Melbourne club by sheer fact they’re competitive right now. We’ve seen how fast their “supporters” have already bailed when they’ve been mid-table.

2 seasons of bottom 6 finishes would be about all it would take for that club to become north Melbourne again.

If one of our players wants to go there anytime soon we should bleed them for all they’re worth.

Anyone know what's been happening with Rankine? I know he had a pretty serious hamstring injury early in the season but it looks like hes only played a solitary NEAFL game for the year despite not being listed as an injury for GC for atleast a month or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course, with the emphasis being "at some time" ... or at least at the appropriate time. Certainly not when the team is chock full of young players as it was last week against the Dogs. Gifting them games when they are not ready, or when other players are playing better and deserve it more, does them no good and can be counterproductive.

Anyone know what's been happening with Rankine? I know he had a pretty serious hamstring injury early in the season but it looks like hes only played a solitary NEAFL game for the year despite not being listed as an injury for GC for atleast a month or two.
He's at the Gold Coast. He may as well have fallen into the Springfield Mystery Spot.

I absolutely hope Amon stays with us but it is concerning there hasn’t been an announcement, if he wants to leave and Hawks is the club I will be spewing if we get unders for him. Am sick of Clarko using is as his feeder club for good players.

Looking over at the Crows Lukosius/ Rankine thread its a " Hamstring Awareness" issue that seems to be long term?

I noticed that hes not listed as injuried on the afl.com list of injuries posted yesterday.

Its odd.

Of course, with the emphasis being "at some time" ... or at least at the appropriate time. Certainly not when the team is chock full of young players as it was last week against the Dogs. Gifting them games when they are not ready, or when other players are playing better and deserve it more, does them no good and can be counterproductive.

Yeah here is where I’m going to absolutely take the piss out of you.

If giving garner Marshall Frampton Farrell drew atley games is “gifting” them games what the * have we been doing with Sam gray Motlop westhoff and in the recent past Neade and a bunch of other senior players who’ve had long stretches of games where they’ve done * all.

In what possible way would picking one of our young up and comers over an under performing senior with 100+ games be counter-productive?

Pulled up sore after his one Neafl game and was rested as a precaution the following week. This week will be telling if he returns or misses again.

Yeah here is where I’m going to absolutely take the piss out of you.

If giving garner Marshall Frampton Farrell drew atley games is “gifting” them games what the fu** have we been doing with Sam gray Motlop westhoff and in the recent past Neade and a bunch of other senior players who’ve had long stretches of games where they’ve done fu** all.

In what possible way would picking one of our young up and comers over an under performing senior with 100+ games be counter-productive?
Mate you are you incapable of reading or comprehending a post!

My point is - The statement that we need to give Farrell games in order to develop him is utterly pathetic & ridiculous - And especially so because we have a plethora of young players already developing their game in the seniors! Fact is he is a good talent, but his efforts in the Power team has been sub-par. Reality, he develops in the Maggies, then when he has form, he gets an AFL game. If he doesnt perform, he goes back & keeps developing ... eventually he will hold his spot. "Gifting" him games is counterproductive to him! His confidence will be far more strengthened playing well in the Maggies, than being schooled in the Power!

As for Motlop et-al ... What are you crapping on about? I am on record that gifting ANYONE a gold pass is not on! I would much rather someone with form in the Maggies come in than persist with an under-performing senior player. However, playing the devil's advocate, there comes a time when you have to have some senior experience in the side, esp when the pressure is on .... clearly evident against the Dogs with so many senior blokes out. Also, you have to have a player that is suitable for that position, or you risk unbalancing the side.

Do the selectors get it right each week ... hell no! But bringing the senior boys back this last week was the right move against the Crows ... even though it was universally unpopular on Bigfooty, where all the experts know best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back