Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have Spurs back in the group with Chels/United/Arsenal TBH.

The battle for spots 3-8 or 9 is going to be intense.
Barf.

In the same group with a rudderless bunch with an unproven manager and sans their best player, and s**t strikers.
and, some skint blokes with 3,000 holes to plug.

Barf. Insulting.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned

He’s wasn’t going to win anything big with Roma, probably not good enough to move to a better club and wasn’t getting picked by the national team anymore so it’s a good time for him to cash in while he can.

My main issue with West Ham is that they've promised a lot in the last 3 seasons but have been underwhelming. They're more than capable of at least a Europa spot but they just haven't delivered.
I mean the season we came 6th or 7th under Bilic in his first season ended up being a bit of a flash in the pan, think that was the year United sacked Moyes and Rodgers left Liverpool.

Last season was probably the best we've performed for quite a while and that was after losing the first 4.

At least it feels like we have solid building blocks in place for the first time in a long time. Top 8 should be our target.

i dont understand arsenal paying 30 mil for a bloke to loan him out. he'd be what, nearly their 5th highest fee paid?

dont think arsenal really have time to * about with big fees on youth, especially when they already have some pretty good ones in nelson, rowe and others. if they think he's good enough to spend 30 mil on, play him.

Is the release clause for Toby really £25m? If it is, I’m absolutely amazed no one has been in for him.
If AC Milan bought Lovren off us for 25mil, I reckon we should seriously consider this.

i dont understand arsenal paying 30 mil for a bloke to loan him out. he'd be what, nearly their 5th highest fee paid?

dont think arsenal really have time to fu** about with big fees on youth, especially when they already have some pretty good ones in nelson, rowe and others. if they think he's good enough to spend 30 mil on, play him.
Arsenal are paying 5 million this window and the remainder when he joins next season. I dont think ASSE would sell him without loaning him back either.

dont think arsenal really have time to fu** about with big fees on youth, especially when they already have some pretty good ones in nelson, rowe and others. if they think he's good enough to spend 30 mil on, play him.
Sometimes clubs really want to hang onto players for another year. I reckon if someone bought Sessengon for 30mil a year or 2 ago, he might have been loaned back to Fulham for 1 last season as a condition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Gomez may be joining Valencia because Sullivan refused to pay his release clause in 1 go, wanted to do it over 7 years instead.

Our owners are wonderful sometimes.....

Wolves might have second season syndrome for me, and they haven’t done any business yet

They signed Jimenez to a permanent for 38m and look like getting the young Mexican Alvarez.

Reports are Costa has agreed personal terms as well.

They don't exactly need add a whole bundle, they will get a boost from natural improvement, remembering Ruben Neves turned 22 at the end of last season...

They need some better credentialled defenders, which is why they want Alvarez, who can play all across the back 4...

Luckily for us, seems like we are only paying 5m upfront if the internet is to be believed with the rest being paid next season when he is actually in our squad.

Kind of sucks, I'm not going to torch Arsenal's window yet until it is over, but I would like to see more established players coming in.

There does seem to be a strategy forming of bringing in youth and structuring our squad around youth, with the likes of Willock, ESW, Reiss Nelson, Nketiah all being put in the senior squad, the likes of Saliba, Martinelli and (hopefully) Tierny also adding to this.

Would however, like to see some signings for the here and now while we have a golden boot striker leading our attack.

If it is, he must’ve decided he wants to stay at Spurs and isn’t interested in any offers. There would be a line of clubs knocking the door down for that price if not.
Not really considering his age and the long term hamstring issue he had. The one club I can't believe hasn't triggered it is Man United.

We are looking to get around it by offering Toby + 30m to Roma for Zaniolo.

Not really considering his age and the long term hamstring issue he had. The one club I can't believe hasn't triggered it is Man United.

We are looking to get around it by offering Toby + 30m to Roma for Zaniolo.

Usually when a buyout clause is involved United wait until the clause is up and then buy the player for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back