List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Keath is playing (and thriving) at the position that Doedee plays to the same level if not better. Also he is only 22, is a clear step or 2 faster, can play tall or small and looks like a future leader of the club. Personally I didn't want to trade Keath up until he played his way into a potential first round pick in trade return's, maybe more (intercept defenders cost crazy trade currency now). Now I look at that potential pick and can't help but see the opportunity cost of keeping him, i.e. When Doedee comes back into that role and Keath is forced to play as a lockdown FB the following year to only the same level or worse as Hartigan then we really missed an opportunity to cash in with a free 1st round draft pick.

The other would be moving on Hartigan, but I doubt anyone would give us more then a 3rd for him, and we would be lucky to get that. Like you said, better off keeping him on the list as an experienced player/future back up.

Kelly I thought before now would end up stuck in the SANFL, which might still come to surpass when Doedee comes back into the side. I just figured for his sake he might see the writing on the wall and look to establish himself in a side that has a deficit in solid and established medium defenders. For me their are half a dozen teams that could use that kind of player with his experience in their best 22 today!

You may be right, and we end up keeping them all, but I don't see how all of them play in 2020 if we do, so we may as well try and get something substantial in return.

Have heard that Jake Kelly has been "missing home". This is from the partner of a Crows staff member. She's had conversations with him in the past but this was the first time he'd said something like that.

Not at all saying he's home-sick, but might be more to this come October.

Have heard that Jake Kelly has been "missing home". This is from the partner of a Crows staff member. She's had conversations with him in the past but this was the first time he'd said something like that.

Has he considered he'll be playing VFL only at the Pies?

There is absolutely no way he's best 22 in the position/role he plays at the Pies with their depth in medium defenders..

What Victorian team would he be a walk up start in? Bad football career decision IMO.

What's he worth trade wise?

Delist:Hunter,Otten, Mackay & Douglas
Trade: Poholke, Atkins, Knight & Gibbs
Retire: Jacobs & Betts.
I’d rather keep Otten on and keep playing him in defence in the sanfl... Butts, hamill, McPherson and scholl look to be thriving under his tutelage in defence.. he’s been like a general to them back there and a great mentor to these young lads.. he’s still fit enough and fast enough for sanfl..

Wonder if we can retire him but keep him on board ala Matty Wright...

There is absolutely no way he's best 22 in the position/role he plays at the Pies with their depth in medium defenders..

What Victorian team would he be a walk up start in? Bad football career decision IMO.

His name was mentioned fleetingly last trade period with Collingwood being a possible destination. However, perhaps it went no further than a murmur due to the sheer number of similar players Pies have on their list.

Maybe another Vic club may ask the question. Although, I assume he's contracted..???

Maybe St Kilda. They appear a little fragile down back. North Melbourne?

I’d rather keep Otten on and keep playing him in defence in the sanfl... Butts, hamill, McPherson and scholl look to be thriving under his tutelage in defence.. he’s been like a general to them back there and a great mentor to these young lads.. he’s still fit enough and fast enough for sanfl..

Wonder if we can retire him but keep him on board ala Matty Wright...

We should've drafted Matty Wright in mid season draft. Would've come in and been our best forward!

Would be a walk up start in the Melbourne, St Kilda, Bulldogs and North sides I reckon. Possibly Hawthorn too.

Listened to Kelly being discussed the other day. On radio maybe. They mentioned that last year he became unsettled and told the club he was open to the idea of a move home if a suitable deal could orchestrated. Not sure if Collingwood were mentioned as the preferred option or the only option?

They went on to say that he's settled down and a lot happier this year.

Need that Blighty style broom out but we know that won’t happen.
If we can snag Luko and Rankine with that pick 2/ Greenwood / 2020 1st , then I would love to see I side start look like this Rd 1 next year.

B: Brown, Talia, Doedee
HB: Smith, Keith, Laird
C: Milera, Sloane, Jones
HF: McHenry, Fogarty, Lukosius
F: Stengle, Himmelberg, Betts
R: OBrien, M.Crouch, B.Crouch

Trade Jenkins and use Tex as back up, know that wouldn’t happen but need a mini rebuild and that side looks good.
Fog, Berg and Luko as our future fwd line.
Betts to retire, need someone who gets involved in more general field play

Would be a walk up start in the Melbourne, St Kilda, Bulldogs and North sides I reckon. Possibly Hawthorn too.
Your opinion, I disagree. Kelly's not even a walk up start in our team next year with Doedee set to return and Butts, Hamill, Sholl and McPherson all with another pre-season under their belts looking for spots down back. But for Doedee going down Kelly would have struggled to get games this year. Kelly is excellent depth on an AFL list, he's not a walk up start in any Victorian team.

Your opinion, I disagree. Kelly's not even a walk up start in our team next year with Doedee set to return and Butts, Hamill, Sholl and McPherson all with another pre-season under their belts looking for spots down back. But for Doedee going down Kelly would have struggled to get games this year. Kelly is excellent depth on an AFL list, he's not a walk up start in any Victorian team.
Cmon Bicks, there are some pretty shitty Vic teams, he would easily get a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is your opinion Hamill McPherson butts and sholl will all be regular afl players and Kelly is not

I doubt all 4 will make it but you are entitled to your opinion like everyone

Some opinions are right and some are not I suppose

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Id trade Matt before Brad
I wouldn’t. Matt is more consistent and more reliable. Brad is more dynamic, but his disposal is poor and his decision making is real hot potato stuff particularly against the best sides.
Matt Crouch is a better ball user, much calmer and plays just as good against the good teams as he does the poor teams.

I wouldn’t. Matt is more consistent and more reliable. Brad is more dynamic, but his disposal is poor and his decision making is real hot potato stuff particularly against the best sides.
Matt Crouch is a better ball user, much calmer and plays just as good against the good teams as he does the poor teams.
Agree to disagree on that.

Matt is jus4 as poor defensively and slower. Brad kicks more goals

I guess if we are going to retire a few of our older players, we need to be pragmatic about it ( we won't) and trade players hard to bring in what we need. If that means we move on Brad, Greenwood(+ pick 20) and Laird, then so be it. We can't think that Kelly or Atkins are going to get us anywhere, if we want to grab elite players this draft, we are going to have to come to the table with the goods

Brad hurts you, Matt is an accumulator, depending on the make up of your team both can be required but if you don't have any hurt players, Brad should be kept if you do have players that hurt you Matt should be kept

What is our team make up?

I think if we're talking up Matt Crouch's disposal, we're in a bit of trouble.

At any rate, trading them would be insane, we'd have a huge hole in the most important spot on the ground.

Theres no way I’d be trading the crouch brothers. The sky is not falling in and trading two of our best young mids who will carry us for the next 5-10 years is ludicrous.

Play to our strengths and build around them with guys like Jones and #2 draft pick
I think it's a poor idea to trade out an area we are already light on for talent.

Cmon Bicks, there are some pretty s**tty Vic teams, he would easily get a game.
Nup, Jake Kelly is an excellent depth player here and even though he's been quite serviceable for us this season he's not a first choice player when Doedee is fit. I'll be surprised if he's a first choice player next season with Tom Doedee's return and I'll be disappointed if players like Will Hamill, Andrew McPherson, Jordan Butts and Lachlan Sholl aren't pushing up for AFL games with another pre-season under their belts. I also don't think it's out of the realms of possibility that we draft one of Brodie Kemp, Lachlan Ash or Hayden Young with our 1st pick in this year's draft who could also fill that kind of role early on. Even the "shitty" Victorian teams are well stocked with players of Kelly's ilk, medium defenders that give their all but lack a bit of class, stoppers is a word I'd use.

Atkins, Rory - age: 25 - Trade / Keep - i think he's fine, but depending on the offer would let go
Betts, Eddie - age: 32.6 - Delist - it's time
Brown, Luke - age: 26.8 - Keep - he's at maximum value now, if we wanted to trade him
Butts, Jordon R - age: 19.5 - Keep - take Hartigan's place
Crouch, Brad - age: 25.5 - Keep
Crouch, Matt - age: 24.2 - Keep
Davis, Ben - age: 22.1 - Trade / Keep - 1 game after 4/5 years on the list?
Doedee, Tom - age: 22.4 - Keep
Douglas, Richard - age: 32.4 - Delist - can't do it fast enough
Ellis-Yolmen, Cameron R - age: 26.4 - Keep
Fogarty, Darcy - age: 19.8 - Keep
Gallucci, Jordan - age: 21.2 - Keep
Gibbs, Bryce - age: 30.3 - Keep
Greenwood, Hugh - age: 27.3 - Keep
Hamill, Will - age: 18.6 - Keep
Hartigan, Kyle - age: 27.7 - Trade - Butts to take his spot
Himmelberg, Elliott - age: 21.1 - Keep
Hunter, Paul R - age: 26.4 - Trade / Delist - by the end of the season he'll be a 27 year old ruckman who's never played a game, no thank you
Jacobs, Sam - age: 31.2 - Delist - dinosaur
Jenkins, Josh - age: 30.4 - Trade - at maximum value
Jones, Chayce - age: 19.5 - Keep
Keath, Alex - age: 27.5 - Keep
Kelly, Jake - age: 24.5 - Trade - send him home
Knight, Riley - age: 24.3 - Trade / Delist - if he hasn't broken into our team by now...
Laird, Rory - age: 25.5 - Keep
Lynch, Tom - age: 28.8 - Keep
MacKay, David - age: 31 - Delist
McAdam, Shane - age: 24.1 - Keep
McHenry, Ned - age: 19 - Keep
McPherson, Andrew - age: 20.1 - Keep
Milera, Wayne - age: 21.8 - Keep
Murphy, Lachlan R - age: 20.6 - Keep / Trade
O'Brien, Reilly - age: 23.9 - Keep
Otten, Andy - age: 30.2 - Delist
Poholke, Myles - age: 21 - Keep
Seedsman, Paul - age: 27.5 - Keep
Sholl, Lachlan - age: 19.3 - Keep
Sloane, Rory - age: 29.3 - Keep
Smith, Brodie - age: 27.5 - Keep
Stengle, Tyson - age: 20.7 - Keep
Strachan, Kieran R - age: 23.8 - Keep
Talia, Daniel - age: 27.8 - Keep
Walker, Taylor - age: 29.2 - Keep
Wilson, Patrick R - age: 24.6 - Trade / Delist

Wouldn't be keeping Greenwood, he's at maximum value now so we may as well cash in.

CEY too if the offer is right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back