2019 Rookies

Aishole

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who is this new Egg-Mayonaisse character? Will he hold his spot.. looks like he needs to drop a few KG’s through the midsection.
76A0F521-9968-4BC8-A89D-51615B1DBD6A.jpeg

Most importantly, is he thick, creamy and perfect for sandwiches, burgers or wraps?

Hately having two s**t games in a row has really stuffed up my plans. Probably going to get dropped and hasnt made enough money. Clarke much the same.
Injuries to others may save Hately

jdwood

Club Legend
Aug 8, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Essendon
In desparate need of a forward rookie, ideally one who will provide some coverage (ie, will play). Passed on both Chol and Cameron last week to trade Daniel for Boak ... that worked out well!

Have Fort in R3, Bines and Gardiner in F7/F8. Need to move Bines back to R3, bring in Westhoff as a F6 who can also cover the ruck if Gawn or Grundy miss any more games.

Long story short, other than paying for Chol or Cameron post price change, any ideas on a cheap forward rookie who may actually play?

HEYTRUEROO

Team Captain
Jun 16, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In desparate need of a forward rookie, ideally one who will provide some coverage (ie, will play). Passed on both Chol and Cameron last week to trade Daniel for Boak ... that worked out well!

Have Fort in R3, Bines and Gardiner in F7/F8. Need to move Bines back to R3, bring in Westhoff as a F6 who can also cover the ruck if Gawn or Grundy miss any more games.

Long story short, other than paying for Chol or Cameron post price change, any ideas on a cheap forward rookie who may actually play?

Hanrahan on the bubble and dopped an 85 last week. Not sure on js though.

Feb 10, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
DCowboys, ManU, Celtics, Blackhawks

Hanrahan has been reasonable in his two games so far. Hawks do have Wingard, Scrimshaw and possibly Birchall to return so there is some risk. If he is selected along with Wingard this week, then he could be a good option.

Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
Hanrahan has been reasonable in his two games so far. Hawks do have Wingard, Scrimshaw and possibly Birchall to return so there is some risk. If he is selected along with Wingard this week, then he could be a good option.
Nash and Glass should be first out i think. that makes room for Wingard and Scrim...not sure where Birchall slots in.
Hanrahan has earned his spot for a couple of weeks IMO.

disclaimer: my opinion doesnt hold much sway at the Hawks selection table.

hawkermitch

Team Captain
May 5, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm looking around for another fwd/mid or mid/fwd prefer rookie playing sometimes for flexibility.

I have O Baker, D Clarke, J Hately on mid bench and have 6 mid/fwd or fwd/mids on my forward line.

I need to get one in the mids or is that a stupid idea?

Robbie Gray was meant to be my M9/F7 as a floater between the lines but I'd rather 2 players with DPP in mids again.

Any ideas welcome, please help? TIA

hawkermitch

Team Captain
May 5, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nash and Glass should be first out i think. that makes room for Wingard and Scrim...not sure where Birchall slots in.

Dylan Moore is a better player than Oli and is currently out with a groin injury listed as a test for this week.

IMO personally not going anywhere near Oli, nice kid but will only get about 2 more games max in the seniors.
I think they are moving players around to see what the list has and who is of need.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm looking around for another fwd/mid or mid/fwd prefer rookie playing sometimes for flexibility.

I have O Baker, D Clarke, J Hately on mid bench and have 6 mid/fwd or fwd/mids on my forward line.

I need to get one in the mids or is that a stupid idea?

Robbie Gray was meant to be my M9/F7 as a floater between the lines but I'd rather 2 players with DPP in mids again.

Any ideas welcome, please help? TIA

Jarrod Cameron is still fairly cheap (166k MID/FWD) and coming off an excellent game so should hold his spot.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Sounds like Stengle is close to a Crows debut.

Feb 10, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
DCowboys, ManU, Celtics, Blackhawks

I agree with you regarding Nash & Glass, but I think Clarko likes his two Irish experiments!!

Dylan Moore is a better player than Oli and is currently out with a groin injury listed as a test for this week.

IMO personally not going anywhere near Oli, nice kid but will only get about 2 more games max in the seniors.
I think they are moving players around to see what the list has and who is of need.

Might depend what Clarko wants. Olli is more of your small pressure forward, whereas I like Moore a bit further up the ground.

I'm with PoopingHindi, and think Olli has done enough to keep his spot, especially his last quarter last week, but we aren't on the selection committee...

Back