Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley

Sack him?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Ross Lyon had a year to run with St Kilda and walked out to coach Freo?
People who believe what coaches or clubs say to the media haven't followed AFL long or are in denial.

Lyon had a get out clause in his contract.

Remember when Alan Richardson came out and categorically stated that he wasn't going to walk out on the club to take the St Kilda coaching job? And then like two days later he walked out on the club to take the St Kilda coaching job?

4C616152-7B0D-472A-AAF4-4F536B3BDFC9.jpeg

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Voss is in Melbourne today if that's any indication
I wonder to what degree Voss has already been moved aside in our coaching set up in anticipation?

It would make sense to at least be trialing what life would be like without him just in case.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think Voss has found a good spot this year. He is not involved in tactics as such, but more in being the conduit between coaches as well as between coaches and players.

Who would've thought putting a guy whose main strength is his leadership and man management into a leadership and man management role rather than a tactical role might work?

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The downside of Voss going is the club will likely make Bassett Senior assistant, as promoting Schofield or Monty would be a F-U to Ken that the new guys are in line to take over soon. And our President/board don't have the guts to make that sort of statement. Still the plus side would be Bassett away from the forward line.

I believe he isn't arguing the legality of the move, but the duplicity of the message.

Oh Richardson was a dick, and it's why he will be sacked with no real success the same way Lyon will be. People like that might succeed for a little while, but they never prosper.

AwwThatsApples

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
HFL
Looking at your posting history, you spend 99% of your time defending the coach or accusing others of being negative. Maybe if you posted a bit more on other subjects including games themselves, people would stop thinking you're just a guy taking the piss.
I've talked about plenty of stuff outside this thread. I only want to post when I personally feel like I have something of value to say. If it's really bothering people that much then I will stop, but there are plenty of people on here who like to argue against the topic of a thread, which is no different to what I'm doing, so why do I have to be an exception? Is it because I'm new? Are you saying I'm the ONLY person on Bigfooty who's made controversial posts in his first year?

Who would've thought putting a guy whose main strength is his leadership and man management into a leadership and man management role rather than a tactical role might work?

giphy.gif

The downside of Voss going is the club will likely make Bassett Senior assistant, as promoting Schofield or Monty would be a F-U to Ken that the new guys are in line to take over soon. And our President/board don't have the guts to make that sort of statement. Still the plus side would be Bassett away from the forward line.
If we’re lucky, the Cows will sack Pyke to poach Bassett. Then they can give their new coach full credit for winning the last Showdown and imply that therefore it won’t happen again.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
If we’re lucky, the Cows will sack Pyke to poach Bassett. Then they can give their new coach full credit for winning the last Showdown and imply that therefore it won’t happen again.
Rucciuto bragging about "black ops" again and stealing another Ports' assistant.

Voss will be a huge loss. He has experience that cannot be replicated easily.

A ready made head coach for Carlton.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Sep 18, 2011
here
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea / Ferrari F1
Hinkley isn't going anywhere - he has an exciting group in front of him and he knows it.

Nor should he. If I was him, I'd be staying put too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back