Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
cb66f4053d2bd2edb078f7f5f15b1e0f.jpg

Not mine, friend sent me a pic of his Mayhem collection. Worthy of posting.

That's awesome. Has he taken sides and cursed Varg for eternity though?

Apr 8, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
SW/Archgoat split. Been a SW fan since S&H. Odd band - don't bring anything new to the table but when that short fat Finn is on he nails it. For those who don't have the aforementioned split, SW's sound is about as big as it gets for that style of BM and it works really well for me.

Apr 8, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

Looking forward to it. Thought the last one save for the CT cover was no good though. These guys actually like the music they are taking the piss out of and are talented. Could give two hoots if the irony crowd and the I liked utensil rock crowd in the 80s latch on. Hope they make as much coin as possible off those types.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
SW/Archgoat split. Been a SW fan since S&H. Odd band - don't bring anything new to the table but when that short fat Finn is on he nails it. For those who don't have the aforementioned split, SW's sound is about as big as it gets for that style of BM and it works really well for me.

SW disc is great on this. The evil intro is perfect, and I love the closing 2 minutes or so on ‘Wolves of Blood and Iron’. Also the 30 second piano outro on the final track. Fat Finn indeed.

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
Geez I hope that's the worst track on it.
A true parody of an 80's Glam Metal band, in that they start to suck after about 10 years.

On a better note, I recently heard MOTLEY CRUE's New Tattoo [2000], it's pretty good, esp compared to what they made in the decades prior & after.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
I knew you'd be all over it, any other good Glam Metal releases from around that era..?

Maybe not so many circa 2000 (LA Guns' "Wake the Dead" 2002 is fantastic); off the top of my head I'd certainly recommend the following:

Crashdiet (new album due September)
Generation Wild (2010) - pure Crue worship, a lot like New Tattoo in sound.
Rest in Sleaze (2005) - classic debut with the classic song "Miracle". RIP Dave Lepard.

Crazy Lixx
Riot Avenue (2012)
Forever Wild (2019)

Hardcore Superstar
Dreamin’ in a Casket (2007) - hands down one of the best sleaze/hair metal albums of all time.
Hardcore Superstar (2005)- "We Don't Celebrate Sundays"..great party anthem

Ratt
Detonator (1990) - overlooked gem of an album.
Infestation (2010) - one of the better 'reformation' comeback-type albums put-out)

Reckless Love
Animal Attraction (2010). Quality.

Saigon Kick
The Lizard (1992)

Spread Eagle
Self-Titled 1990 (these guys were actually from New York so they had a harder edge than some..)

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
Maybe not so many circa 2000 (LA Guns' "Wake the Dead" 2002 is fantastic); off the top of my head I'd certainly recommend the following:

Crashdiet (new album due September)
Generation Wild (2010) - pure Crue worship, a lot like New Tattoo in sound.
Rest in Sleaze (2005) - classic debut with the classic song "Miracle". RIP Dave Lepard.

Crazy Lixx
Riot Avenue (2012)
Forever Wild (2019)

Hardcore Superstar
Dreamin’ in a Casket (2007) - hands down one of the best sleaze/hair metal albums of all time.
Hardcore Superstar (2005)- "We Don't Celebrate Sundays"..great party anthem

Ratt
Detonator (1990) - overlooked gem of an album.
Infestation (2010) - one of the better 'reformation' comeback-type albums put-out)

Reckless Love
Animal Attraction (2010). Quality.

Saigon Kick
The Lizard (1992)

Spread Eagle
Self-Titled 1990 (these guys were actually from New York so they had a harder edge than some..)
Cheers, plenty there to look into 👍
Of course I know Detonator haha.. Might knock the dust off Infestation though!

Jun 19, 2018
frankston station
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't mind the "Lost in Vegas" guys. They do reaction videos to songs and about half of the songs they choose are metal. Its kinda cool to see their progression as they knew nothing about metal when they started and from listening to it for their channel they have grown to appreciate it. Most of their reactions are to more popular stuff as that is what people recommend but they have reacted to Mayhem, Candlemass, Death, Mercyful Fate, NeO etc. When i have nothing better to do i go to their videos.

EDIT: They went to a Mastodon/Primus gig and gave their thoughts on that which was kind of interesting.
hahaha lost in vegas, been watching them since they had about 10k subs first video i watched was their reaction to enter sandman a long, long time ago...

Jun 19, 2018
frankston station
AFL Club
Carlton
Package through from Utopia. Idle Hands ep, new Hate and the Hail to England remix/remaster (keep an ear out for me on the eastern tonight - you'll be hearing this).
they seriously better bring manowar out sometime, wasnt old enough to see ross the boss last year?? it will probably sell out within a day i reckon...

Back