List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard pass on Gibbs. Apparently isn't getting a game because he isn't following team structures and is difficult to Coach. We don't want to be bringing senior players like that. We already have issues like that RE: Brodie. Don't need more of them.
someone on FB outed him as having a big gambling problem, fully a rumour and unconfirmed though

would kill for Zak Jones reckon he would help us...............was some fairly large talk on here a couple of years ago for Cam Ellis-Yolmen is that still a want do you think?

Last edited:
would kill for Zak Smith reckon he would help us...............was some fairly large talk on here a couple of years ago for Cam Ellis-Yolmen is that still a want do you think?
I really like Ellis-Yolmen he’s had a good year.
He reminds me of Pendlebury when the footy is in his hand it looks like everything around him slows down, he just never panics always hits a target and he’s got some good speed and our midfield need that badly

would kill for Zak Smith reckon he would help us...............was some fairly large talk on here a couple of years ago for Cam Ellis-Yolmen is that still a want do you think?
Rumour is Smith is coming back to GC and will be backup to us. Nicholls probably to go.

How about David Zaharakis? Pace on the outside, hits the scoreboard, leadership for your youngsters...

Zaharakis and your two second rounders (GWS pick) for Jack Martin how’s that sound gives us picks for our academy pick Budarick and you get a first rounder quality player

I really like Ellis-Yolmen he’s had a good year.
He reminds me of Pendlebury when the footy is in his hand it looks like everything around him slows down, he just never panics always hits a target and he’s got some good speed and our midfield need that badly
sorry meant Jones not Smith

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually probably the best solution for the Gold Coast is to leave the neafl and go into the VFL , this will have the effect of the players playing a higher standard of footy and developing quicker and as Alistair Lynch said help with retention as they will be playing in Melbourne every 2nd week not the back of Redlands

Zaharakis and your two second rounders (GWS pick) for Jack Martin how’s that sound gives us picks for our academy pick Budarick and you get a first rounder quality player
A lot of posters on our board are intetested in Martin, but I'm not. Raz and Walla have the forward role covered, although I'm not sure how well Martin goes when he plays through the middle. I'm probably more interested in Day and Brodie. Zaharakis and a 2nd rounder for Brodie sounds right to me. Not sure about Day.

Actually probably the best solution for the Gold Coast is to leave the neafl and go into the VFL , this will have the effect of the players playing a higher standard of footy and developing quicker and as Alistair Lynch said help with retention as they will be playing in Melbourne every 2nd week not the back of Redlands
We've been saying that on the Lions page all season.

The sooner there's a proper reserves completion, at least on the East Coast, the better.

The NEAFL is a joke for us this season. Our young players aren't being challenged enough, and there are questions if they'll be ready to step up to AFL level when the time comes.

A lot of posters on our board are intetested in Martin, but I'm not. Raz and Walla have the forward role covered, although I'm not sure how well Martin goes when he plays through the middle. I'm probably more interested in Day and Brodie. Zaharakis and a 2nd rounder for Brodie sounds right to me. Not sure about Day.
Craig Cameron wants to sign off on that deal right now.

Was talking about this in my office. Would take him for 2 years in a heart beat. Oozes outside skill and class. Especially if Adelaide pick up some of his wages.

K... would he really be right fro you with the way your are being coached? ie hard contested football.. You guys have had several players who have oozed class and skill etc... and most younger than Gibbs and not all have worked for you. When he played Geelong two weeks ago he looked like he didnt want to run hard. Mentally shot ? Could he reinvigerate himself at another club? Perhaps..but I suspect it would only be a West Coast or GWS ..where they are winning and he could just glide around. Imo.. he would just take games off your future kids.

Get the extra pick of the AFL .. take 1 and 2 .. and continue to bed down most of your good kids while finding a couple of mature that fit a bit beter than Gibbs ... just my opinion. (Sure if he did come and returned to his best form he would help you)

Should make a quick adjustment, asking for handouts. The last couple of years we have asked for extra draft picks. Last year, we got primary access to 3 top level state players as well. I just don't like the look that we constantly need to keep asking for extra assistance especially with what we got to set up the club (while not as good as GWS) should have seen us get higher than we have finished since our inception.

Just frustrated that nearly 10 years in we are still in a position where we are asking for assistance.

For what its worth .. I dont think the GC should be asking for a 1 off Priority Pick... they should be pushing for a change to the drafting system for all the bottom sides.. As it stands there is 1 pick..ie the p1 kid at the start of the draft between the bottom side and the Premiers and from then on P18..P19 etc.. is almost identical.
As we know one kid can fail , get injured , leave whatever... the system does not help sides that has had an extended period out of finals. Whether its GC or Brisbane or Bulldogs or Fremantle or whoever. If a side has not had finals participation in 5 years (for eg.) then I feel that club should get another pick before the finalists ..and keep getting picks each year till they make finals. I have reservations about the draft .. , its far from the be all and end all but if we are going to have it lets look at a system that give bottoms sides a better chance to rise up.

And I dont think you should have to draft locals either while you are out of finals.. just pre-list them..

What do you think of WA kid Robertson.. ?

You should have left it at Zaharakis....:)

I don't rate 30yo Myers at all. We'll keep Brodie then...
Myers + a second rounder would actually still be a very good deal. He's a former pick 5, so he knows how to play even if his body doesn't allow it as much anymore. Where you win with Myers is his leadership and culture building capacity. This is a guy who dropped himself to the 2s because he felt he was holding others back. Since going to the VFL his professionalism and on-field guidance has pushed us to the top of the ladder. I've got no doubt Myers' influence has accelerated the development of Will Snelling, who we acquired in the MSD. Snelling is now banging on the door for a seniors berth. Myers + a 2nd for a bloke who seemingly doesn't eant to be there seems like it would be a win for your club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back