Is political correctness stifling debate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow the power of the meme is irrepressible. So its not legitimate to raise the fact that no concern is shown here for a race based killing relative to Andy Ngo and his injuries - he walked out of hospital. Facts and feelings (and of course keep the killer memes coming). Shapiro, the one time host of the fear factor, Jordy and memes - there has not been such intellectual flowering since Glasgow during the Enlightenment

I have got an original one for you. Its used on these pages every two posts = this is a picture of me reading your response you see - ha ha - I never saw that coming. Its like ******* Cicero or something!:

View attachment 706148
Wow...how insightful. You win the internet today!

No because it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. You've used someone being killed as "see...the Andy Ngo incident isn't bad" which is like me saying the Christchurch incident wasn't bad and using an article from 9/11 as a reference point. It's ridiculous. There is an entire spectrum of things that are wrong and using a larger more severe incident doesn't excuse the lesser one. But move the goal posts to justify ANTIFA's actions. What is worrying for you is even CNN and other left leaning media organisations have condemned the incident, and here you are still carrying on :drunk:

Wow...how insightful. You win the internet today!

No because it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. You've used someone being killed as "see...the Andy Ngo incident isn't bad" which is like me saying the Christchurch incident wasn't bad and using an article from 9/11 as a reference point. It's ridiculous. There is an entire spectrum of things that are wrong and using a larger more severe incident doesn't excuse the lesser one. But move the goal posts to justify ANTIFA's actions. What is worrying for you is even CNN and other left leaning media organisations have condemned the incident, and here you are still carrying on :drunk:

I am saying the over egging of the Andy Ngo incident is not proportionate to what is happening out there. But OK you draw the parameters of the argument for me and what I am permitted to bring up because that is what freedom is all about. See I am triggered. Hang on! given the insurmountable rhetorical currency of irrelevant South Park memes: As they say: i requiem meam (or should that me meme?) doleat

I am saying the over egging of the Andy Ngo incident is not proportionate to what is happening out there. But OK you draw the parameters of the argument for me and what I am permitted to bring up because that is what freedom is all about. See I am triggered. Hang on! given the insurmountable rhetorical currency of irrelevant South Park memes: As they say: i requiem meam (or should that me meme?) doleat

View attachment 706183
I found it quite apt in the situation given you're supposedly a lawyer and you opted for diversion tactics to downplay an incident by posting a completely irrelevant one - which is exactly what was done in the image I posted. The hypocrisy is evident because if someone did the same (posting an irrelevant article in a thread) in reverse they'd probably be warned by Chief. But here we are...:drunk::$

Pretty pathetic if this is how low you have to sink to justify Antifa's actions. At least select a story where the man is a white supremacist or something...

View attachment 706125

"Adams’ attorney says that he had no access to mental health services after he was released although a statement from an Arizona Department of Corrections spokesperson says that Adams was “not designated seriously mentally ill.”

Gargasoulas MK II

I found it quite apt in the situation given you're supposedly a lawyer and you opted for diversion tactics to downplay an incident by posting a completely irrelevant one - which is exactly what was done in the image I posted. The hypocrisy is evident because if someone did the same (posting an irrelevant article in a thread) in reverse they'd probably be warned by Chief. But here we are...:drunk::$

Who is the arbiter of relevance - you?. It's a little bit self serving to exclude white on black violence that caused a death relative to a non fatal head injury. How can I compete with someone that's got a PhD in memes. Oh that Cartman ha ha

Who is the arbiter of relevance - you?. It's a little bit self serving to exclude white on black violence that caused a death relative to a non fatal head injury. How can I compete with someone that's got a PhD in memes. Oh that Cartman ha ha

View attachment 706188
When common sense is lacking then yes I'm happy to be the arbiter of relevance. If a white person commits violence on a black person and it has no relevance to political correctness, then I'd say it isn't appropriate to talk about it in a politically correctness thread. Maybe in a 'current events' thread perhaps?

Feel free to continue your little tirade though. A middle aged lawyer resorting to posting like this on the internet...the state of society at the minute :drunk:

That concrete milkshake is pretty bad - much worse than a ******* knife:

Yet another Lone Gunman - the real people to fear are Antifa
What a horrific story.

Slit the boy’s throat and stabbed him with a pocketknife because he felt threatened by the hip-hop music the teen was playing—not the teenager himself—explaining that people who play rap music are a threat to him and his community.​

Where did he get this view from?

When common sense is lacking then yes I'm happy to be the arbiter of relevance. If a white person commits violence on a black person and it has no relevance to political correctness, then I'd say it isn't appropriate to talk about it in a politically correctness thread. Maybe in a 'current events' thread perhaps?

Feel free to continue your little tirade though. A middle aged lawyer resorting to posting like this on the internet...the state of society at the minute :drunk:

Ohhh it burns!! Middle aged lawyer - I think I'd be regarded as in late middle aged now. Unless I live past one hundred.

Meanwhile I will give you more of what you crave. Deeply unoriginal and derivative thinking - all the while thinking you are actually adding to the discourse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ohhh it burns!! Middle aged lawyer - I think I'd be regarded as in late middle aged now. Unless I live past one hundred.

No one cares how old you are and whether you ever taught or practised law. We should judge people's arguments on their merits not claimed status.

Your arguments usually rely on name dropping but your discovery of memes doesn't improve your credibility.

This thread had a multi page discussion about black chocolate ducks packaging being changed, or something.

Agree.

This trivia should be overlooked for more high brow cerebral pursuits, such as religious morons quoting old testament dogma & its ability to elicit contemporary outrage............or nazi's punching themselves.

A reminder of why white and rightwing conservative politics is such a danger.

Could you post something similar listing all the Islamic related terror attacks throughout the West (Europe, Australia, UK, US) since 9/11?

Asking for a friend.

A reminder of why white and rightwing conservative politics is such a danger.

All those guns. Legions of psychologically damaged ex-military. A political history deeply embedded in violence.

They're embracing a fascist politics. Trump is stoking it, but he'll be dead before he sees the results.

Thank * we don't have those conditions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back