Opinion Politically Correct Madness

Remove this Banner Ad

This is very interesting, i'd go as far as astounding if it's true (not calling you a liar dogs105 but it's one of those things that seems so crazy it can't be right)

So, I could have a shop and refuse to serve Jews, and that would be legal??

**** me.
It was going to be included, but religions wanted it to be exempt from the act. I.e. so they could demand workers be Christian, or Jewish etc.

It is included in the vilification laws and lots of other things, but not the anti-discrimination act. It's not unlawful to discriminate on the grounds of religious beliefs.

This is very interesting, i'd go as far as astounding if it's true (not calling you a liar dogs105 but it's one of those things that seems so crazy it can't be right)

So, I could have a shop and refuse to serve Jews, and that would be legal??

**** me.
Although religious attire has been added since I last looked. So you can't discriminate on the grounds of wearing a hijab, or a cross , or a habit, or Buddhist robe.

Not all unfair treatment is discrimination. The combined effect of the South Australian and Commonwealth legislation is that, in South Australia, it is unlawful to discriminate on the following grounds:

marital or domestic partner status
identity of spouse or partner
pregnancy (or potential pregnancy)
family responsibilities
association with a child (in provision of goods, services or accommodation)
breastfeeding
race
sex
sexuality or chosen gender

Okay... so pardon my complete ignorance, is being Jewish a race or a religion?

I have a different take on this thread. It’s about being cautious regarding political correctness, we are becoming more stressed to come up ways to say stuff without offending someone.

Technically the above is near impossible to impossible. Thus stress to satisfy others happiness on their beliefs/attitudes is only going to increase.

Adding to this we are allowing idiots/narcissists/sociopaths to throw tantrums at literally every opportunity daily on social media.

So in the end we are left with 2 groups:
- the mentally-burdened to please the “political correctness” motto
- the narcissists and sociopaths.

Sheffield University student wins Facebook post appeal
A devout Christian who was thrown off his university course for posting that homosexuality was a sin has won an appeal against the decision.
Felix Ngole, 39, was removed from a postgraduate social work course at the University of Sheffield in 2016 after posting the Facebook comment.
Judges overturned a previous court ruling and said the university should reconsider Mr Ngole's case.
The university said it was considering its response to the judgement.
Mr Ngole, from Barnsley, had argued that throwing him out breached his rights to freedom of speech and thought.
He said he had been expressing a traditional Christian view that "the Bible and God identify homosexuality as a sin".
His comments were made during a debate on Facebook about Kim Davis, a state official in the US state of Kentucky, who refused to register same-sex marriages, judges heard.

I have a different take on this thread. It’s about being cautious regarding political correctness, we are becoming more stressed to come up ways to say stuff without offending someone.

Technically the above is near impossible to impossible. Thus stress to satisfy others happiness on their beliefs/attitudes is only going to increase.

Adding to this we are allowing idiots/narcissists/sociopaths to throw tantrums at literally every opportunity daily on social media.

So in the end we are left with 2 groups:
- the mentally-burdened to please the “political correctness” motto
- the narcissists and sociopaths.
What about group 3: The vast majority of people who don't buy in to that BS?

Cool, a social worker who thinks gay people should go to hell.

Gee, I hope they end up working with kids who are gay.
Only reason I posted it was the current kerfuffle with the Izzy Folou's case, interesting decision in view of that alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think we're on different wavelengths here. Cochrane called himself that in a presser.
'Hey mate, can’t call someone an ape or gorilla, cos...well, you know'

You don't think the above quote is insinuating and joking about how indigenous Australians are offended when called an ape or gorilla?

'Hey mate, can’t call someone an ape or gorilla, cos...well, you know'

You don't think the above quote is insinuating and joking about how indigenous Australians are offended when called an ape or gorilla?
OK I get it. I took it as a mild rebuke to a previous comment but only the poster would know
Edit: Just saw Burtons last post. He’s not racist

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back