Multiplat Rocket League

Remove this Banner Ad

Know the pain too well :'(

Should have quit after the first game. Team mate DC'd after we went one up in the first minute. I was feeling it and thought it would be great practice to take on two who were in a team. Ended up 3-4 to them but it went south pretty quickly. Next game were a couple of smurfs playing like Harlem Globetrotters who thought they were cool by calling themselves C9 (they were good but not Cloud 9 good). Went as low as Gold 3 div 2 but scraped back to div 3 after I ran into two other guys on PC who were fighting with each other for being bad two games in a row. This game is so frustrating yet I keep going back. :'(

Should have quit after the first game. Team mate DC'd after we went one up in the first minute. I was feeling it and thought it would be great practice to take on two who were in a team. Ended up 3-4 to them but it went south pretty quickly. Next game were a couple of smurfs playing like Harlem Globetrotters who thought they were cool by calling themselves C9 (they were good but not Cloud 9 good). Went as low as Gold 3 div 2 but scraped back to div 3 after I ran into two other guys on PC who were fighting with each other for being bad two games in a row. This game is so frustrating yet I keep going back. :'(

Yep. Have had at least a couple of weeks now where my controller response has just seemed so laggy, making the car slow to turn and, most painfully, slow to elevate and manouvre from a jump, resulting in me missing many easy crosses/saves and becoming very unpopular with team mates. Combined with d--khead team mates and influx of smurfs, I dropped from high Gold 3 back to Gold 1 pretty quickly. Not sure what changed last night but car was suddenly responsive again and got back up in to G3 with a bunch of wins. The satisfaction you get from a good night on this keeps you coming back despite the frustration/rage of the bad nights!

Yep. Have had at least a couple of weeks now where my controller response has just seemed so laggy, making the car slow to turn and, most painfully, slow to elevate and manouvre from a jump, resulting in me missing many easy crosses/saves and becoming very unpopular with team mates. Combined with d--khead team mates and influx of smurfs, I dropped from high Gold 3 back to Gold 1 pretty quickly. Not sure what changed last night but car was suddenly responsive again and got back up in to G3 with a bunch of wins. The satisfaction you get from a good night on this keeps you coming back despite the frustration/rage of the bad nights!

There is definitely some lag involved. I spent a few hours in freeplay this week just practising control, recovery, glancing shots etc then when jumping into competitive games the timing was all wrong, I was whiffing stuff I shouldn't have been and missing challenges (pretty obvious on some of the replays!).

It's pretty hard to carry others every game so it doesn't help getting paired with some complete morons. Had a guy the other day in plat 1 who refused to challenge or clear the ball and just played (badly) goalkeeper. One of the biggest differences I learned from gold to plat was the requirement to play with aggression. It's too hard when you've got someone sitting back because they're scared of their own shadow and you've got the other team smashing the ball all over the arena with full force and you have no backup. Last night I would have raged and rightfully got reported had a teammate been on PC. Some Asian teammate (judging by the ping, name, and lack of any communication) last night spammed "I got it!" from a kick off with a level game final minute. He's a second late to even take off and they score from kick off. That's rage quit worthy after a string of losses.

Smurfs are more rampant late in Rocket pass windows too I've noticed. I guess they drop for the easier wins and more XP? Glad it's not just me though. That's what I remind myself. Last night I matched with a guy in gold 3 div 2 that I was playing with in plat 1 the other day. That was a little reassuring and helped me feel less bummed.

This game is just so reliable. Don't know what to play? Just jump on RL. Getting pissed off on some s**t inferior game? Just jump on RL. Only have 10 minutes spare time? Just jump on RL. Want an intense 8 hour gaming session to fulfil your competitive needs? Just jump on RL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldnt tell you how many times I've exited rocket league to play something else only to end up in rocket league again.

I started getting a little knack of being able to tee myself up from the wall. Hitting it into the wall then running for the rebound where I can either get under it and lob it over a keeper or get behind it and just smash it seems to be a more reliable scoring chance for me than aerials or crosses. It's simple but I guess oppo players are caught ball chasing towards the wall when I already know where it's going to land.

Had a funny competitive 2 v 2 match

I stuffed up first - an attempted defensive block (successfully blocked it once, tried to nudge it away from the goal on the second attempt only it went on the wrong angle and ended up scoring a goal for the other team).
Got abused by my team mate.

Next goal was for our team, but one of the opposing team mates knocked it into our goal.
Next goal was similar but the OTHER team mate from that team did it this time (guess we were all nervous olayers being a ranked match or just unco lol).

My team mate scored a proper goal next, then I scored two goals from long distance. One where the goal wasn't being defended at all, the other an opposing player got to it..... but knocked it in for me :D.

The cockier opposing player starts abusing us all in the text chat. And what happened for the remaining 3 minutes of the match was him setting up 1 v 1 duels while the other two cars took it in turns to drive off to the side out of the way.
I lost when it was my turn the first time, but outsmarted the cocky player the second time which was great.

Ended up winning 8 - 3 :-D.

his RL content is good, if your that inclinded to go check him out.
And here i was thinking Jon Sandman was the best RL youtuber

Yeah been watching his stuff for awhile, useful as he usually includes a few stratagems that even Gold2 plebs like myself can employ. But also has stuff I'm sure higher standard peeps can appreciate, references specific training packages that are available etc.

Not that I trouble myself with that stuff lol

aintnobodygottimeforthat.jpg

Last edited:
Just downloaded this again. Seemed pretty quiet was only getting the odd 1v1 which I don't really like playing

Soooo it was searching in the wrong region haha. Put it on Oceana and started getting games pretty quickly. The standards improved a shitload since I last played it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back