Preview Strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde v Brisbane, Adelaide Oval, Sunday

Remove this Banner Ad

This is supposed to be our "off-week". It needs to be drilled into the brains of the players that we can't afford to continue this W/L streak.

Underdogs or favourites it doesn't matter. There is a clear gap between when we play well and when we are crap.

If they don't show up on the weekend I'm going to ****** lose it.

I don't understand this comment. Or reason for the word Jewish to be included
Please explain your statement "Jewish guys who hate playing FIFA"

For now, I will give benefit of doubt and assume it is not antisemitic.
I heard Tribey doesn’t support Israel shooting civilians and is therefore hugely anti-semetic.

I don't understand this comment. Or reason for the word Jewish to be included
Please explain your statement "Jewish guys who hate playing FIFA"

For now, I will give benefit of doubt and assume it is not antisemitic.

1. “you'll see a lot of supporters are still pretty pessimitic [sic - pessimistic]”

2. “Jewish guys who hate playing FIFA?”

1a. PES = Pro Evolution Soccer (the Pepsi to the FIFA console game franchise’s Coke, PES players are almost always huge anti-FIFA fanboys) + ‘Simitic [sic - Semitic = obvious]’

2a. hence punchline.

3. How to go from a quip into an excruciating turn at the PR-podium.

Will be disappointing not to see Lucifer Codge go round one more time.

All anusry aside, incredible career.

I would've loved the chance to boo that campaigner every time he gets a kick one more time. Ah well, not to be.

Here we go again.. another 8 point game.

I think this is the most important game this year, we can damage the lions chances and build our own confidence and then we take on the tigers and this will let us know where we really are at

It's a vital month of games for us.

Brisbane sunday.
Richmond (MCG). they're making a charge, and my team for the flag if they can get players back and fit for the rest of the season.
GWS, who knows with this one, they've (like Collingwood) have been ordinary of late.
Essendon, our bogey side, and the VFL really want them in the 8 come september.

If we can win both home games that'll be a massive bonus for us.

1. “you'll see a lot of supporters are still pretty pessimitic [sic - pessimistic]”

1a. PES = Pro Evolution Soccer (the Pepsi to the FIFA console game franchise’s Coke, PES players are almost always huge anti-FIFA fanboys) + ‘Simitic [sic - Semitic = obvious]’

2a. hence punchline.

3. How to go from a quip

2a. hence punchline.

3. How to go from a quip into an excruciating turn at the PR-podium.

. Kiss from a Rozee's reply led me astray for a bit. Thanks for that ☺

Your explanation is something this 64 year old Jewish guy did not expect.
Now that you have explained your original post , the post is quite brilliant actually.
Very impressive.

I do apologize if it appeared i was being somewhat ignorant.. It was not intentional.

I appreciate your time explaining.

This team is killing my footy tipping - whenever I tip Port, we go missing, and whenever I tip the opposition, we play out of our skins and have a stunning victory. So I'm declaring it early this week: Brisbane will win this easily.

It's a vital month of games for us.

Brisbane sunday.
Richmond (MCG). they're making a charge, and my team for the flag if they can get players back and fit for the rest of the season.
GWS, who knows with this one, they've (like Collingwood) have been ordinary of late.
Essendon, our bogey side, and the VFL really want them in the 8 come september.

If we can win both home games that'll be a massive bonus for us.
The handing of games to Essendon lately is approaching Bulldogs 2016 territory.

Seems pretty clear to me..

WWLLWWLL then
WLWLWL then
W(WLLWWLL)

So clearly the next 7 games go:
W - Brisbane
L - Richmond
L - Giants
W - Essendon
W - Sydney
L - North
L - Freo

Leaving us at 11 wins.
Lock it in. :)

WWLLWWLL then
WLWLWL then
W(WLLWWLL)

W - Brisbane
L - Richmond
L - Giants
W - Essendon
W - Sydney
L - North
L - Freo

Leaving us at 11 wins.

I could see us losing the next 4 to be honest. Tough games it will really show us where the team wants to be! Are they sick of being the nice guys that finish close?

I could see us losing the next 4 to be honest. Tough games it will really show us where the team wants to be! Are they sick of being the nice guys that finish close?
The next 7 could all, very easily, be losses. We may snag 1 or 2, but it could be a very bleak end to the season especially if the rot sets in early. I reckon, after a big showdown win the last thing the playing group needed was an 8 day break, rolling into the graveyard Sunday arvo time slot. It's the perfect "didn't turn up" scenario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“But I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from.”

This is what I think of when people are negative after we just obliterated a side that only lost to Brisbane by a point away from home.

WWLLWWLL then
WLWLWL then
W(WLLWWLL)

W - Brisbane
L - Richmond
L - Giants
W - Essendon
W - Sydney
L - North
L - Freo

Leaving us at 11 wins.
AS I wrote somewhere the other day we are on a 4 game repeat cycle

Rd 1-4 WWLL
Rd 5-8 WWLL
-----------------
Rd 9-13 WLWL
Rd 14-17 WLWL
-------------------
Rd 18-21 WWWL (Syd)
Rd 22-SF WWWL
or
Rd 18-21 WWWW
Rd 22-SF WWWW
new cycle starts

AS I wrote somewhere the other day we are on a 4 game repeat cycle

Rd 1-4 WWLL
Rd 5-8 WWLL
-----------------
Rd 9-13 WLWL
Rd 14-17 WLWL
-------------------
Rd 18-21 WWWL (Syd)
Rd 22-SF WWWL
or
Rd 18-21 WWWW
Rd 22-SF WWWW
new cycle starts

I very much believe in the cyclic nature of the universe. However, if you extend it out further, and consider that 2013/14 was the last years of the cycle that was thrown out by the introduction of Gold Coast and GWS from 2010-2012...and that 2015 was the start of a new cycle:

1997 - miss finals
1998 - miss finals
1999 - make elimination final, lose to that year's premiers. Trade for two 'missing piece' players in Montgomery and Bishop.
2000 - miss finals after being talked up in offseason as being ready to take the next step. Draft three premiership players in S. Burgoyne, K. Cornes and Cassisi
2001 - smash Adelaide in a Showdown, win six in a row at the end of the year, make top four
2002-2004 - dominate the competition with Brisbane

vs

2015 - miss finals
2016 - miss finals
2017 - make elimination final, lose to next year's premiers. Trade for three 'missing piece' players in Rockliff, Motlop and Watts.
2018 - miss finals after being talked up in offseason as being ready to take the next step. Draft three premiership players in Rozee, Butters and Duursma.
2019 - smash Adelaide in a Showdown, win seven in a row at the end of the year, make top four
2020-2023 - dominate the competition with Brisbane

I like my cycle story better :)

I very much believe in the cyclic nature of the universe. However, if you extend it out further, and consider that 2013/14 was the last years of the cycle that was thrown out by the introduction of Gold Coast and GWS from 2010-2012...and that 2015 was the start of a new cycle:

1997 - miss finals
1998 - miss finals
1999 - make elimination final, lose to that year's premiers. Trade for two 'missing piece' players in Montgomery and Bishop.
2000 - miss finals after being talked up in offseason as being ready to take the next step. Draft three premiership players in S. Burgoyne, K. Cornes and Cassisi
2001 - smash Adelaide in a Showdown, win six in a row at the end of the year, make top four
2002-2004 - dominate the competition with Brisbane

vs

2015 - miss finals
2016 - miss finals
2017 - make elimination final, lose to next year's premiers. Trade for three 'missing piece' players in Rockliff, Motlop and Watts.
2018 - miss finals after being talked up in offseason as being ready to take the next step. Draft three premiership players in Rozee, Butters and Duursma.
2019 - smash Adelaide in a Showdown, win seven in a row at the end of the year, make top four
2020-2023 - dominate the competition with Brisbane

I like my cycle story better :)
2001 - Stuff up finals
2002 - Stuff up finals
2003 - Stuff up finals
2004 - Finally get it right
2017 - Stuff up final despite leading in both regular and extended time after poor selections

If we're repeating 2001-2004 with Brisbane lets start by not going all Ports in the finals yet again this time around.

Hipwood is the major concern ahead of Sunday's away game against Port Adelaide. His right knee had a huge brace on it at Tuesday's training session. He'll be given every chance to play but has to be in serious doubt.

Hope he does play. I'd tell Clurey to run off of him every single time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back