Not open for further replies.

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
I don't suppose Dunn was on the track, anyone know if he's any shot at all of making finals?

I don't suppose Dunn was on the track, anyone know if he's any shot at all of making finals?

No. No Dunn.

Langdon warmed up with the boys, and did a little runnings, to get some strength in his knee. That was as far as I remember him, so I guess he didn't do a lot. But it's a step in the right direction.

When I arrived it was packed. Only spot I could find was on the AAMI Park side of the ground. And it wasn't even 10am. probably a bit surreal for the newbies lol
The boys warmed up, did their drills; and then were separated in two separate groups, where they did handball drills and marking against your opponnet (not sure they need lessons in that lol) and they rotated every 5 minutes.
That was then followed by two separate match sims. First one was split into two groups across different sections of the ground. And then the 2nd involved everyone like an ordinary sim. It was quite detailed and intense.

The vibe and mood was pretty excited. Lots of positivity around especially after it was announced that Noble would be debuting this week.

Ben Reid was also was out on the track doing running up and down the field. Then that was followed by Howe and Murphy doing the same thing. Just to get some conditioning in, I would imagine.

Even though Bucks has ruled Taylor Adams out, he participated in the whole session. He looked okay to me, but maybe they didn't want to risk him and would rather get one more week of training in and then have him for next week v the Giants.

Training concluded about 11:40, where the boys then proceeded to sign some autographs and get photos with the fans.

SwanDaneFan1991

Emeritus Boot Studding Professor
Jul 20, 2012
The Pivotonian Wilderness
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Noble is a little guy isn’t he. Standing next to Bucks he looked like a kid. Mind your Bucks is getting that weathered look nowadays.
The bloke has an identical twin. If we have unearthed ourselves an absolute jet, we can harvest a genetic equal, and have ourselves a version of the Febey brothers at Melbourne! Course, it should be them saying their version of the Noble brothers at Collingwood ;)

Looking at Dunn's instagram it seems he is in England with his family.
So I assume the season is written off. Which is fair enough.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Looking at Dunn's instagram it seems he is in England with his family.
So I assume the season is written off. Which is fair enough.

Was always a long shot to return this year but I doubt a couple of weeks away now will impact that too much either way. Pretty confident he'd still be doing all the training (running, gym) while he's away.

Was always a long shot to return this year but I doubt a couple of weeks away now will impact that too much either way. Pretty confident he'd still be doing all the training (running, gym) while he's away.

Too big a risk I reckon after the ACL going a second time after 10 minutes on a footy ground.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Too big a risk I reckon after the ACL going a second time after 10 minutes on a footy ground.

We'll see. Hard to know if the failure was about the actual surgery last time and how this 1 will go. At a minimum, if he gets back and the VFL side can hold some form he might be a useful addition to that team come finals.

Went this morning, everyone bar Beams, Moore, Dunn, Kelly and Greenwood was out there. I didn't realize Levi wasn't training until I bumped into it after I was leaving. He was walking on the otherside of the ground, as if he was coming back from AAMI Park. I asked him if he was okay; he replied with "hopefully." I then asked him if he was playing this week, he replied with "hopefully." I found this very bizarre given it didn't appear that he was injured on the weekend.

Didn't see Pendles at first but after spotting him in a jacket I did start to feel he got the go ahead, otherwise he wouldn't be doing the match sim related training. So I picked that as a good sign things went well.
I saw Langdon for a little bit doing some agility type drills with a trainer. I kinda lost him after that so I assume its just doing little bits at a time.

There was an applaud amongst the group. I assume that was to let everyone know Adams would be back this week after so long out.

Reid and Wells did some drills and running, which was pleasing to see. Stevo producing some magic on the field as usual, and topped it off with some running toward the end of the session.

Lots of match sim happening throughout the morning. Lynchy took a real nice contested mark.

Everything went well. Not too much to report on. Selection should be an interesting one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back