Toast Rising Star Bailey Smith 28 disposals against Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Just think. St Kilda have every year had picks just ahead of us ( not by luck IMO) but have taken Billings, Coffield and King instead of Bont,mNaughton and Smith. Lol

King will be a beauty though, once he can string some games together.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

His competitiveness within the contest is quite unreal for a first year player who had a compromised preseason. With a preseason or 2 under his belt he will be an amazing addition to Bont, Macrae and Dunks as a seriously big bodied, hard competing inside mid unit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That goal was what I had been waiting all evening for - not so much from Smith (who is a beauty) but for our talks to finally force a contest and bring the ball to ground rather than allowing a simple Geelong mark - more of that is what will be required going forward to let the likes of Smith, Libba, Dicko and Lloyd feast (or even West/Cavarra)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cooney-like in the way he gets out of traffic. Smart player too. Selwood was next to him 2 seconds before that marking contest but got caught ball watching. Smith kept moving, got to the right spot first and got the snap away before he could be closed down.

Probably why he was giving it to Selwood, pretty s**t effort for a captain.

I’ll admit I was a little underwhelmed at his selection when we called his name at last years draft but boy oh boy was I shown the light. He has a presence and awareness beyond his age a little (not too much) arrogance to match his football prowess.... In other words he’s a *en beauty!!!

The thing I've noticed is his ability to power his way through tackles. Very very strong through the legs.

This is what has impressed me the most about him too. He's also good at the "don't argue" fend off. He's the most well-rounded player we have behind Bont in my opinion. Strong in the contest with pace and skills. Good-looking fella and a great clubman. What more could you want?

Love Baz. His skillset compliments Dunks, Macrae and Bont so well in our midfield group. The push on that flog selwood too was perfect

I agree from what I have seen he is a little bit different in what he does compared to them. It's not more of the same. He does need to develop kicking on his non-preferred though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back