Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Storm20

Been Here A Long Time
Aug 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’m considering moving from on here over to reddit, over there you don’t seem to need to put any effort at all into your designs to get all the plaudits. Just put stretched logos on a yellow images template and you’ll be drowning in upvotes!

Fox Sports took another post that was top of r/nba and basically posted it as if it were it's own story. Got absolutely savaged by the comments section. Basically done the same thing with the soccer jersey thing. All the headlines point as if they've designed it, not 'look what we've found'.

Weak af.

I feel like if they ever stumbled upon here (which isn't hard when typing in to google "[team name] guernsey") they couldn't appreciate the designs and thinking they're too complex or something?
That, or some of us will be getting call-ups from graphic design departments :p

I need to get a present for my 9yo cousin. I don't know what to get her.
Any suggestions?

Malibu Stacy.

But, with the new hat.

I need to get a present for my 9yo cousin. I don't know what to get her.
Any suggestions?

These are pretty cool, it's a gift card but for a variety of stores that kids like. You can get them at supermarkets in the gift card section:

Ultimate-Kids-Card-only

If you live near a Village Cinemas, this movie pack for kids is pretty cool too: movie ticket, popcorn, chocolate and drink. Buy online then just print it out:

These are pretty cool, it's a gift card but for a variety of stores that kids like. You can get them at supermarkets in the gift card section:

Ultimate-Kids-Card-only

If you live near a Village Cinemas, this movie pack for kids is pretty cool too: movie ticket, popcorn, chocolate and drink. Buy online then just print it out:

View attachment 707725
From Jimmy Carr’s Laughing and Joking (2003)
The worst one that I think a lot of people have bought – gift vouchers. Who here’s bought gift vouchers? What were you thinking? You walked into a shop and went, “Excuse me, could you help me?” “I’ve got some money here, this is accepted everywhere. “Could you fix it for me so it just works in this one shop… “for a limited time period? “I should explain, it’s a gift and I’m ******* idiot!”
This is for my cousin, not a random.
Lingerie.
I regret asking.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Two questions:

1) Anyone who own these kinds of jumpers, what are your thoughts on them and are they worth the money?

2) If I was to hypothetically going to get one, which of these 4 do you think looks the best?

1024264col-front.jpg fe1414c-front.jpg fe1644s-front.jpg fe1647s-front.jpg

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Two questions:

1) Anyone who own these kinds of jumpers, what are your thoughts on them and are they worth the money?

2) If I was to hypothetically going to get one, which of these 4 do you think looks the best?

View attachment 707822View attachment 707828View attachment 707829View attachment 707830
Gotta be #3 or #4, you can't have the club logo on there, for accuracy reasons!
He said 9 not 90.
Still not retracting my answer :drunk:

Two questions:

View attachment 707822View attachment 707828View attachment 707829View attachment 707830

I've seen these at The Cats Shop, the Australian Merino Wool which they're made with is fantastic quality and feels incredible. Because of their quality, the $200 ($250 for LS) is appropriate

If you do decide to get one, I'd go for 3 or 4, much more accurate to the 70's and the pinstripes look incredible

Personally, I'm not really into these jumpers because it's not something I'd wear to a game, but if you think it's worth it, go for it!

Two questions:

I’ve got the long sleeve Eagles one, I reckon they’re worth it. No real resale or collectable value but it’s an affordable option to wear a classic footy jumper to a game etc with risking spilling beer or sauce on a precious vintage jumper.

From Jimmy Carr’s Laughing and Joking (2003)

This is for my cousin, not a random.

I regret asking.
I literally thought the same thing when I saw a gift card suggested!

I literally thought the same thing when I saw a gift card suggested!
I used to work in the call centre for the company that dealt with Myer, JB Hi Fi, Dymocks, plus a few more gift cards
The number of people that about the expiry dates. Wanting an extension.
If you bitch hard enough for Myer gift cards, they can give you an extension of up to 6months.

Back