List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Does say that King is putting off talks of a extension of next year.
The two South Australian clubs were eager last year to trade for picks to potentially claim one of the two highly talented players and indications were they would be chasing both players when they were out of contract.
Lukosius, who is contracted to the end of next season, has not yet re-signed. Nor has key-position player Ben King, whose twin brother Max was drafted by St Kilda.

The Age understands King would prefer to wait until next year to start talking about a possible extension.

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Club heavily into young Langdon and other kid from Fremantle who are very tight with Weller who is great at selling the Club to lads who love a surf.
Martin almost certainly gone. Club are interested in doing trade with Fremantle Martin undecided Melbourne or back to WA.
Rankine is an awesome kid. Very mature and team orientated.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Club heavily into young Langdon and other kid from Fremantle who are very tight with Weller who is great at selling the Club to lads who love a surf.
Martin almost certainly gone. Club are interested in doing trade with Fremantle Martin undecided Melbourne or back to WA.
Blakely?

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United

Makes sense for both us and Freo.

Martin replaces what they hoped from Bennell at Freo.

We get more mature bodies in the right age bracket through the midfield/half back with Langdon & Blakely.

Just need Martin to choose Freo... and the Freo guys to choose us...

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
good intel eppo thank you

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think that's him. Weller is a fantastic ambassador for the Club and he's very well connected with some very good young players.
He's well worth pick 2 for the Club.
yep I was thinking that only on the weekend I reckon we will be happy with that deal long term, wheels are falling off at Freo too

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Think the other players we have been linked to from Freo is Blakely.

I hope we are also looking at young Darcy Tucker who is also out of contract at Freo

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
P.s. That Rankine news is so massive.
I was always worried about this kid with the AFL draft media speculating he would leave at the first chance.
Kudos to our new player development team getting things right.

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
P.s. That Rankine news is so massive.
I was always worried about this kid with the AFL draft media speculating he would leave at the first chance.
Kudos to our new player development team getting things right.

Before the draft he was the player I was worried would get home sick but he is the most independent and open minded of the 3 players that we drafted.

Goes to show you can't judge a book by its a cover.

The moment Izak stayed on GC during the bye and hung out with friends here I knew he was staying. He's clearly settled in extremely well.
Agreed. If you missed home that much or wanted to leave, you'd go home during that time. he clearly didn't.

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Before the draft he was the player I was worried would get home sick but he is the most independent and open minded of the 3 players that we drafted.

Goes to show you can't judge a book by its a cover.
he was the one who was most overtly vocal about staying and rolling his sleeves up for the long haul

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
hhhhhmmmmm Adelaide with pick 2 draft the perfect replacement for Hugh Greenwood.

Noah Anderson.

If you guys look to have a good trade period before the draft, I can see the AFL holding off on the beginning of first round PP.

They can always site Brisbane as the precedent, and give you an end of first round PP. Will help you with trades, especially looking at your current pick situation this year.

We traded ours out, the net result was pick 12 the following year, which we then traded for Charlie Cameron.

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Great work eppo. Not trying to be a downer but do you know if they are wanting to come for the right reasons? It's great they want to surf with Weller but i hope they are also prepared to be a big part of our team. This old article just worries me a little bit https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/fr...opped-after-impromptu-surf-trip-ng-b88523842z

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Great work eppo. Not trying to be a downer but do you know if they are wanting to come for the right reasons? It's great they want to surf with Weller but i hope they are also prepared to be a big part of our team. This old article just worries me a little bit https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/fr...opped-after-impromptu-surf-trip-ng-b88523842z

Hopefully they are as otherwise our options for experienced players will probably be limited to the GHS's of the world.

Milpool

Cam Rayner Fanclub Jr. Vice President
Oct 23, 2017
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Great news Rankine extending. Good to see! Hopefully it gets the ball rolling and some others follow suit.

Back