Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
Abstract
The World Anti-Doping Agency is responsible for maintaining a Prohibited List that describes the use of substances and methods that are prohibited for athletes. The list currently contains 23 substance classes, and an important reason for the existence of this list is to prevent unfair competition due to pharmacologically enhanced performance. The aim of this review was to give an overview of the available evidence for performance enhancement of these substance classes. We searched the scientific literature through PubMed for studies and reviews evaluating the effects of substance classes on performance. Findings from double-blind, randomized controlled trials were considered as evidence for (the absence of) effects if they were performed in trained subjects measuring relevant performance outcomes. Only 5 of 23 substance classes show evidence of having the ability to enhance actual sports performance, i.e. anabolic agents, β2-agonists, stimulants, glucocorticoids and β-blockers. One additional class, growth hormone, has similar evidence but only in untrained subjects. The observed effects all relate to strength or sprint performance (and accuracy for β-blockers); there are no studies showing positive effects on reliable markers of endurance performance. For 11 classes, no well-designed studies are available, and, for the remaining six classes, there is evidence of an absence of a positive effect. In conclusion, for the majority of substance classes, no convincing evidence for performance enhancement is available, while, for the remaining classes, the evidence is based on a total of only 266 subjects from 11 studies.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6422964/

blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
Let everyone use PED’s. Always wanted to see superhumans against super humans.
This is actually the defacto model, they call the drug tests IQ tests.(that is intelligencequotienturinetests the half-life soooo narrow for most PEDs you[generic- the individual drug-tested pro athlete not RU_ ]you need to be stupid to fail because you can't use the protocols and thresholds that fall overwhelmingly biased in the athletes' favour) yaco55

And for every EPO manufactured by #Bayer that are recorded for their signature, we have many dozens of Sino and Russian counterfeit EPO(s) that work but not recorded for a mass spectrometer gas chromatography signature. Same with roids and testo, you can find equivalents without a urine-test signature on the assay*
Dank's lipotropin (AOD-9604) is the best. You can see it in the lean no-subcutaneous tissue of the athletes. It ain't their diet. Dank could have made Whitnal or Whitnall and I a Wayne Carey champion on a full Koutafides program plus more
*I may be incorrect with names and technicalities.
**Withnail

see: 2008 Tour de France when they popped Ricco and Piepoli (SaunierDuval) and Schumacher(Gerolsteiner) supposedly ~37 riders in the 2008 year's Tour de France tested positive to myocera or myacera but they only officially popped 3 SaunierDuval riders and later the Gerolsteiner rider Schumacher. Also ***supposedly too, 8of9 CSC riders popped too, but UCI never sanctioned the CSC riders. The peloton were under the misconception that the UCI and WADA did not test for myacera and the signature assay. Whereas EPO is a fast acting limited half-life limited red-cell boost time-frame, myacera has longer use and time when it is efficacious, it might still work 6 weeks out from admission. But WADA and UCI had intellence on this products use and they did not notify the peloton which goes against my theory (of administrators NOT wanting to enforce anti-doping regulations). Going for my theory, they only busted 4 of the 37.

#AICAr and #GW1516

Chief

I don't care if some of my details are incorrect IF MY ERRORS CAN BE CORRECTED BY SOMEONE WHO HAS BETTER INFORMATION AND KNOWS THE DETAILS.
#Churchill or #MaynardKeynes aphorism re: new information I will update and change my mind.

Last edited:

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
#IQtests
#PissedChrist
#AndresSerano
#RichardEGrant
images (12).jpeg
images (11).jpeg

Wind Guard

All Australian
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
....like bankers and corporate CEOs....let them go?
this is the false-dichtomy. It is for statesman to navigate this fraught territory, there are options a stateman(of either sex) will have at their disposal:
i) foresee problems arising, and reign in the ilbehaviour in a ways it does not stick its head above the parapet where regulators must deal with it
ii) make retroactive regulation, but tie the hands of the regulator in a format so they are not heavy-handed

*PJK basically rehashed Joseph Schumpeter's thoughts on the wild west of Bond-Skase capitalism

Wind Guard

All Australian
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
this is the false-dichtomy. It is for statesman to navigate this fraught territory, there are options a stateman(of either sex) will have at their disposal:
i) foresee problems arising, and reign in the ilbehaviour in a ways it does not stick its head above the parapet where regulators must deal with it
ii) make retroactive regulation, but tie the hands of the regulator in a format so they are not heavy-handed

*PJK basically rehashed Joseph Schumpeter's thoughts on the wild west of Bond-Skase capitalism

....and the difference between a statesman and a corporate puppet is what exactly my friend?

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
....and the difference between a statesman and a corporate puppet is what exactly my friend?
the non-answer answer is retrospect.

It is a fallacious answer. The answer not contemporaneous, but becomes evident in the annals of history. That is, I am disabusing my response, as, it is not really evident(contemporaneously). A Statesman may F up of no fault his/her own. A Statesman may be "recognised" thru no claim to effecting that Nation status. See:last para​
RE:corporate puppet; that is the Trump POTUS regime and Bannon's major accomplishment, subverting the big money in politics and Wall Street's superPACs. It required an outsider to put the wedge in the status quo, as much as you may dislike him, politics circa 2016 had become the oligolpoly and Wolin's Inverted Totalitarianism where the monied interests ruled, and Google was a shadow State Dep't.​
These things ain't clear, but my rule is consensus thinking will be manipulated for appeal to low common denominator, for us to recognise the Statesman qua Statesman (either sex, Thatcher, Golda Meir, Merkel, Clark/Ardern) we need to use our own analysis, and not the ABC or Sky telling us.​
inherent contradiction(s) of mine, i appreciate.

Last edited:

sosos

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Ignoring/allowing drug enhanced cheating, played out to the nth degree will have athletes controlling superhuman avatars.

Deepest fakes.

I am no longer naive enough to believe that my heroes are clean. But I am not prepared to let chemical laissez faire win without a word said.

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
Ignoring/allowing drug enhanced cheating, played out to the nth degree will have athletes controlling superhuman avatars.

Not really.
Human physiology has its limits; pharmacological enhance or not.

Powerlifting is a great example.
Records set without drug testing and where guys/girls are openly juiced to the gills are only 5-10% higher than records set under drug tested conditions (so the real figure is probably 10-15% factoring guys passing tests despite juicing).

Fair way short of people covering 100m in sub-6 seconds (Cheetah speed).

sosos

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Not really.
Human physiology has its limits; pharmacological enhance or not.

Powerlifting is a great example.
Records set without drug testing and where guys/girls are openly juiced to the gills are only 5-10% higher than records set under drug tested conditions (so the real figure is probably 10-15% factoring guys passing tests despite juicing).

Fair way short of people covering 100m in sub-6 seconds (Cheetah speed).
My point was there might come a time they won't really be human anymore. Just a bit of sci-fi musing.

TheGodmother

Rookie
Dec 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
There is absolutely no evidence that any drug enhances performance. Even so, the half life of that s**t is only 6 hours. Let's test the pathology labs who perform the test. Give elite athletes a go. They are human, not robots. 3 pots of beer? Gimme a break. Sports managers are responsible for bullying their players to entertain their egos. Get a life, you jealous managers. Too many psychopathic managers in AFL

Back