Universal Love #2 Nathan Jones - Retired. Thank you Chunk

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to have regained his composure since switching position, not just blasting it forward. Been really good the last few weeks, knows when to take an extra moment with the ball to find a good option.
He's probably more focused since we've got more senior players back into the side, He has less holes to worry about us leaking through.
I suggested he go to the half-back line much ealrlier in this season. And I got canned for saying such a thing. Some posters abused, said he couldn't kick well enough to fill the role.
I satisfied now with my thoughts of the time.

He's probably more focused since we've got more senior players back into the side, He has less holes to worry about us leaking through.
I suggested he go to the half-back line much ealrlier in this season. And I got canned for saying such a thing. Some posters abused, said he couldn't kick well enough to fill the role.
I satisfied now with my thoughts of the time.
Are you looking for some kind of award?

Are you looking for some kind of award?
No. a Reward.
And I've given myself a pat on my back already, because no one else will be so generous around here, gander.

Why were you one of the finer minds around here, knowing when a senior player like Jonesy, is all washed up.?

I always give players some extra time to show their form, and true selves. even Tracca, gets more time.

No. a Reward.
And I've given myself a pat on my back already, because no one else will be so generous around here, gander.

Why were you one of the finer minds around here, knowing when a senior player like Jonesy, is all washed up.?

I always give players some extra time to show their form, and true selves. even Tracca, gets more time.
I’ve never said anything about Jones being washed up or similar because I never thought he was.

Also I don’t actually understand your first sentence at all, or question - if that’s what it is meant to be. The rest of your post isn’t much better, but I can at least hazard a guess.

Giving yourself a pat on the back is traditionally a private enjoyment. It loses its point if you post about it.

Edit: and that’s Mr Gander to you.

Ah yes the player that sets the highest fu**en standard as opposed to those who don’t.
What like round 1 when he was bullied by some 18 year olds? You know 2 blokes who set the standards around the club? Nathan Jones and Jack Viney

What like round 1 when he was bullied by some 18 year olds? You know 2 blokes who set the standards around the club? Nathan Jones and Jack Viney
Oh right so you’ll pull out that little humdinger in round one as opposed to the monstrous efforts he provides week in week out to be not only our best but one of the competitions best?

Mate Viney has gone missing more times this year than I could count.

Oh right so you’ll pull out that little humdinger in round one as opposed to the monstrous efforts he provides week in week out to be not only our best but one of the competitions best?

Mate Viney has gone missing more times this year than I could count.

I'm not talking about Gawns ability I'm talking about his captaincy credentials which you are literally basing on him being a good player. It's rubbish.

Luke Hodge, Joel Selwood or Jack Ziebell wouldn't get bullied by 18 year olds, nor would Jones or Viney.

If Viney is so tough why did he get sat on his arse by Sydney Stack?

It's only bullying if the bloke taking it is soft. Gawn never said anything about it being bullying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve never said anything about Jones being washed up or similar because I never thought he was.

Also I don’t actually understand your first sentence at all, or question - if that’s what it is meant to be. The rest of your post isn’t much better, but I can at least hazard a guess.

Giving yourself a pat on the back is traditionally a private enjoyment. It loses its point if you post about it.

Edit: and that’s Mr Gander to you.
Well played mr gander.

And my point wasn't wasted,. because those fine footy minds out there, that are so sure others are wrong all the time, were saying things about Jones, saif he couldn't play back on a flank, as long as his arse was pointing downward. They, were all wrong again.

I can't wait to see Frosty start off a wing, as an extra defender, now tMcDonald is out got the Year. I reckon this might be on the cards at some stage, as we get more defenders back. It's worth a look at.

I'd love to see what Crazy Horse looks like, crashing thru a centre ball up, from the edge of the square.

Well played mr gander.

And my point wasn't wasted,. because those fine footy minds out there, that are so sure others are wrong all the time, were saying things about Jones, saif he couldn't play back on a flank, as long as his arse was pointing downward. They, were all wrong again.

I can't wait to see Frosty start off a wing, as an extra defender, now tMcDonald is out got the Year. I reckon this might be on the cards at some stage, as we get more defenders back. It's worth a look at.

I'd love to see what Crazy Horse looks like, crashing thru a centre ball up, from the edge of the square.
Show me 1 post where anybody said he couldnt or shouldnt play down back. I reckon everybody was along the lines of he shouldnt be on the wing either move him forward or have him doing Lewis' role down back. I still dont see the things others are seeing but he is playing better which wasnt ******* hard. Yeah lets move Frost to the wing after finally finding his spot in the team.

Well played mr gander.

Why would you move Frost when he is playing career best footy

Well played mr gander.

Nah mate, you leave Frost put. Is a gun second tall right now.

Why would you move Frost when he is playing career best footy
I think you misunderstood my thinking. I've been Frosts No1 ticket holder since last year.
I wouldn't move Frost, atmo. He is doing a great job, and developing well. BUT, all players will need to learn new roles, at some point, just not now for him.
But when Lever and Jetta return, the back half could become crowded.

fb/ Jetta, May, Lever
hb/ Hore, Frost, Salem?

fb/ Jetta, Petty, Lever
hb/ Hore/Hibberd, May, Jones
cl/ Frost, Brayshaw, Salem?

fb/ Jetta, May, OMCd
hb/ Hore, Lever, Salem
cl/ Frost,?

fb/ Jetta, Petty, Hore
hb/ Lever, May, Hibberd/Jones
cl/ Frost, Brayshaw, Salem.?

Last edited:
I think you misunderstood my thinking. I've been Frosts No1 ticket holder since last year.
I wouldn't move Frost, atmo. He is doing a great job, and developing well. BUT, all players will need to learn new roles, at some point, just not now for him.

fb/ Jetta, May, Lever
hb/ Hore, Frost, Salem?

fb/ Jetta, Petty, Lever
hb/ Hore, May, Jones

fb/ Jetta, May, OMCd
hb/ Hore, Lever, Salem
cl/ Frost,?

fb/ Jetta, Petty, Hore
hb/ Lever, May, Jones
No they don’t. Frost is a defender first and foremost. Why change that? Change for the sake of change is unnecessary. If it isn’t broken, don’t fix it. There is nothing that stipulates all players must learn different positions.

Our best backline (say starting next year) is;

Jetta May Lever
Hore Frost Hibberd / Jones

I’d like to see Salem on a wing and Fritsch at HF.

fb/ Jetta, May, Lever
hb/ Hore, Frost, Salem?

fb/ Jetta, Petty, Lever
hb/ Hore, May, Jones

fb/ Jetta, May, OMCd
hb/ Hore, Lever, Salem
cl/ Frost,?

fb/ Jetta, Petty, Hore
hb/ Lever, May, Jones

You left Hibberd out of all options, and secondly you are moving Frost to the wing for either Omac, Petty which are not great options or playing Hore as the third tall. This also means you are requiring Lever to play as a second tall.

Agree with DemonDavey's back 7, allowing salem/fritta up the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back