Play Nice Indigenous AFL players call out Adam Goodes's treatment ahead of The Final Quarter documentary release

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When hes arguing stupid semantics rather than the issue.... yes to him and yes to anyone else whos only object is to derail as their actual argument is so patently weak
That's not why you called him stupid and you know it, you're just trying to save face.

You got it horribly wrong and argued until you saw it.

If you didn't want to derail, then why did you keep up the argument?

Jeez, hit a raw nerve have I? Your nuance didn’t last very long.

What, about anything I said in my last post to you, gave you the impression that you'd hit a raw nerve?

No, I take two days to reply to a post because I’m a busy professional with a large family and I often have more pressing things to do than rebut tired arguments that have already been rebutted countless times.

Not very often it seems, if your almost 10,000 posts on a footy forum is anything to go by.

Last edited:
So are you saying the words weren’t racist? The Cosell example is completely different. His intent may have different

I agree intent is important. You obviously don't know anything about the young girl's intent though do you? I'll fill you in.

Her mother, Joanne believed Goodes shouldn't have singled her out and blamed the incident for the booing he later copped.

If he hadn’t have done it he wouldn’t be having the problems he’d be having now. He probably should apologise because maybe he should have picked his target a little bit better.

She’d only turned 13 five days beforehand. She was technically still 12. She had no idea what she was saying.

Picking on a 13-year-old child I thought was absolutely ridiculous and having her questioned by police without an adult being present was absolutely disgusting on the part of himself and the AFL. It was the way he carried on on the ground that made them do what they did.

If he hadn’t have carried on like a pork chop it wouldn’t have mattered. I don’t think he should retire, he should man up and just take it if he wants to play the game.

She also said her daughter did not know the connotations of the word and had been a victim of unfair treatment.

Goodes said the young girl called him to apologise. The girl herself (Julia) spoke to TEN news and said ...

"I didn't mean it in a racist way and I'm sorry to the club and the AFL," she said.

Enough said.

Last edited:
How can i be deflecting when i was never arguing about Bolt?

The hole is getting deeper and deeper.

You f****d up but won't admit it.

Stupid you called him, you got the wrong bloke, you were looking in the mirror.
I admitted it two pages ago

Keep up.

I admitted that you have won a tiny technicality that does nothing to detract whatsoever from the fact that bolt is a racist pos.

I admitted it two pages ago

Keep up.

I admitted that you have won a tiny technicality that does nothing to detract whatsoever from the fact that bolt is a racist pos.

Sorry to butt in on the argument you're having with LoungeLizard etc, but just thought I'd interject with one question.

Can you see how easy it is to vilify someone?

As far as Bolt himself is concerned, while I don't agree with everything he says, I don't think he's a racist. I just see him as one of the first to fall foul of an overzealously drafted Section 18C and a rabid Human Rights Commission. More came later, like Bill Leak the cartoonist, the QUT student and others. Many more will follow unless it's changed.

Last edited:
I agree intent is important. You obviously don't know anything about the young girl's intent though do you? I'll fill you in.

Her mother, Joanne believed Goodes shouldn't have singled her out and blamed the incident for the booing he later copped.

She also said her daughter did not know the connotations of the word and had been a victim of unfair treatment.

Goodes said the young girl called him to apologise. The girl herself (Julia) spoke to TEN news and said ...

Enough said.

All that is fine and I agree intent and content matter to how we judge HER. However, how do you suggest Goodes - the one the offensive term was directed at, should have reacted in the exact circumstances - heat of the moment, indigenous round, a week of celebrating your heritage both privately and publicly. What was an appropriate response.

There’s no time for an ID check to determine age, no chance to ask her to complete a survey indicating the reasons for and intentions of her comments.

My view is offensive phrases are offensive phrases and should be called out regardless but I’m honestly interested in your (and others) opinion.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

All that is fine and I agree intent and content matter to how we judge HER. However, how do you suggest Goodes - the one the offensive term was directed at, should have reacted in the exact circumstances - heat of the moment, indigenous round, a week of celebrating your heritage both privately and publicly. What was an appropriate response.

There’s no time for an ID check to determine age, no chance to ask her to complete a survey indicating the reasons for and intentions of her comments.

My view is offensive phrases are offensive phrases and should be called out regardless but I’m honestly interested in your (and others) opinion.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He already said he knew it was a young girl straight away. No ID check required, just turned 13, pretty straightforward.

While I appreciate the rest of your comments and can genuinely see where you're coming from, for me, that's where it ends. Once he realised she was a young girl, that's where it ends, Indigenous round or not.

Last edited:
Sorry mate, I’m not done with you because nothing gets me going more than deliberate obtuseness.

I might remind you that you came on here making a categorical statement that none of the booing of Goodes was racially motivated; that it was entirely due to (apparently self-evident) dirty acts.

You provided no proof whatsoever in that post.

That was the post that I responded to, and you still haven’t.

And then your “proof” now, is that not all indigenous players are booed. Embarrassing.

Others have analysed the stats. The “Goodes was a dirty player” argument does not stand up to examination.

Examine the stats and prove them wrong. Go on.
Oh please. He was the only aboriginal player I know of that got completely booed by every team all the time. That to me says it was because they disliked him as a person not because he was aboriginal otherwise those same people would have always booed Buddy, Cyril and the like also. Good bye.
If you dont agree and want to defend your past player good luck because I can't be bothered anymore.

He already said he knew it was a young girl straight away. No ID check required, just turned 13, pretty straightforward.

While I appreciate the rest of your comments and can genuinely see where you're coming from, for me, that's where it ends. Once he realised she was a young girl, that's where it ends, Indigenous round or not.

Because we should turn a blind eye to teenagers who hurl racist abuse?

Sorry to butt in on the argument you're having with LoungeLizard etc, but just thought I'd interject with one question.

As far as Bolt himself is concerned, while I don't agree with everything he says, I don't think he's a racist. I just see him as one of the first to fall foul of an overzealously drafted Section 18C and a rabid Human Rights Commission. More came later, like Bill Leak the cartoonist, the QUT student and others. Many more will follow unless it's changed.
ezgif.com-crop-copy.gif

The sentence after Bolt makes this gesture, he implies that if you go to the northern territory you'll be stabbed by Aboriginals using spears.

Sounds a bit racist to me.

Adam Goodes brought it upon himself.

Andrew Bolt is the real victim.

You are priceless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh please. He was the only aboriginal player I know of that got completely booed by every team all the time. That to me says it was because they disliked him as a person not because he was aboriginal otherwise those same people would have always booed Buddy, Cyril and the like also. Good bye.
If you dont agree and want to defend your past player good luck because I can't be bothered anymore.

Your argument basically boils down to
"Racism doesn't happen every time an indigenous player takes the field, therefore it never happens."

Ten pages ago you were posting that using the term "Abo" isn't racist. (These posts i assume were reported and deleted). Maybe you just don't understand what being racist is?

Because we should turn a blind eye to teenagers who hurl racist abuse?

As opposed to pointing her out to security to be marched out of the ground in front of thousands of people, many of whom booed at yelled abuse at her on the way? Yes. If he wanted to do something it could've waited until after the game.

As opposed to pointing her out to security to be marched out of the ground in front of thousands of people, many of whom booed at yelled abuse at her on the way? Yes. If he wanted to do something it could've waited until after the game.

How would he find her after the game?

And I'm sorry but if my 13 year old girl called a black man a gorilla, she deserves to be called out on it instantly.

If the black guy that she called a gorilla lets her know that s**t is not on, then that doesn't make him 'a flog.'

I never suggested he should do that. When I said deal with it after the game I meant mention it in the post game, report it to the AFL, anything other than what he did.

And I'm sorry but if my 13 year old girl called a black man a gorilla, she deserves to be called out on it instantly.

That's not what she said, and you know it.

Last edited:

If the black guy that she called a gorilla lets her know that s**t is not on, then that doesn't make him 'a flog.'

The offer was made to link Goodes up with the girl for an in person apology, and too potentially visit her school to speak on the subject of racism, but Goodes rejected it.

Uniter of communities that he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back