News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Exactly unless other clubs had whispered in his ear actual dollar amounts what 18-19 year old is going to turn that down particularly if you haven't actually played a game yet?
He is currently loving the sun and time to teach his dog new tricks - which are quite impressive.
Yeah what will be will be. Cant win them all.

Crowbots are dead

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
It may have been floated already but what about;
CROWS get: Jack Lukosius + Izak Rankine
SUNS get: Bryce Gibbs + Myles Poholke + Andy Otten + Richard Douglas + Pick 2 + 3rd round pick

Gibbs is done with us, but could offer experience. Poholke I just am not sold is in our long term plans but he deserves to get a chance. Otten + Douglas could be worth a year just to add some experience/leadership support and I think Otten especially has coaching aspirations. Pick 2 in this years draft is incredibly valuable as it means they can keep Rowell and Anderson together + they can use the 3rd round pick on another one of their teammates, build a cluster.

They are going to lose Rankine and Luko in the next couple years anyway, time to start filling the team out.
I love the heavy weighting in our favour

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Smells of desperation from GC.

Luko hasn’t signed, King hasn’t signed, but both are playing.

Rankine, no games, but extended.
He can still leave anytime but makes it harder for the club acquiring him. It also locks in his pay another club would need to match to acquire him. I presume gold coast offered him crazy money. Afl probably also threw in some marketing dollars.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
as long as the AFL don't shaft us by giving GC a PP, we are very well set. If what some others on our board have mentioned comes to pass re Greenwood, then if Luko is out of the question, we should be targeting their Brisbane 1st - it may be that Greenwood and our 2nd for their Brisbane 1st is a possibility and then it would give us a great draft hand
There is some talk about Greenwood on our board, he would certainly be an asset, we have no 2nd or 3rd rounders so negotiations will be interesting if it indeed happens

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
There is some talk about Greenwood on our board, he would certainly be an asset, we have no 2nd or 3rd rounders so negotiations will be interesting if it indeed happens

Well if Tony Cochrane has sufficiently little dignity that he actually goes asking the AFL for a priority pick, you may well end up with pick 19 which could be useful currency in that kind of trade.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well if Tony Cochrane has sufficiently little dignity that he actually goes asking the AFL for a priority pick, you may well end up with pick 19 which could be useful currency in that kind of trade.
Not sure Hugh is worth a first.

Mar 12, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Rankine signing on is a disaster.
I disagree.

As I mentioned earlier, I think the signing smacks of desperation from GC. Rankine has not set the world ablaze since he went up there. I think it's fair to argue that his trade value has diminished since the draft.

GC extended his contract on potential, not output, which is a dangerous thing to do. If he doesn't meet that expectation and he walks away from GC, then his further diminished trade value will be a bargain for us.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I disagree.

As I mentioned earlier, I think the signing smacks of desperation from GC. Rankine has not set the world ablaze since he went up there. I think it's fair to argue that his trade value has diminished since the draft.

GC extended his contract on potential, not output, which is a dangerous thing to do. If he doesn't meet that expectation and he walks away from GC, then his further diminished trade value will be a bargain for us.
Its a smart move by rankine. He locks in good coin and if he has a breakout year he leaves at the end of the year on even more coin. Contracts mean nothing, they are just leverage. If he is continually injured he has just locked in 600k for 3 years. He will likely leave after 1 decent season to a vic club or us if we get our s**t together.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Its a smart move by rankine. He locks in good coin and if he has a breakout year he leaves at the end of the year on even more coin. Contracts mean nothing, they are just leverage. Likely a vic club or us if we get our s**t together will acquire him.
I was firmly in the boat he leaves last year - he wanted to be a crow. However it seems from his social media exploits and that he did not come back to Adelaide on his break leads me to think he has bought in to the lifestyle up there and it would not surprise if he stayed there for some time to come.. We need to move on as that ship has sailed. Luko may be much more gettable OR Haggis might just decide that our midfield really really needs an Anderson running around thgre next year

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I was firmly in the boat he leaves last year - he wanted to be a crow. However it seems from his social media exploits and that he did not come back to Adelaide on his break leads me to think he has bought in to the lifestyle up there and it would not surprise if he stayed there for some time to come.. We need to move on as that ship has sailed. Luko may be much more gettable OR Haggis might just decide that our midfield really really needs an Anderson running around thgre next year
Luko is gettable. Club should look at a trade that involves Greenwood, Knight, Gibbs, Atkins. Those experienced bodies are exactly what gold coast needs, not 18 year old kids.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Gold Coast are lobbying for the first round draft pick because they can’t compete since their inception.

I think the afl should apologise to all the other clubs and admit the expansion into Qld was a failure and clubs lost players for nothing.
I think it’s Adelaide who needs to apologise. If you’d let us beat you just once, the AFL could argue that the Suns have shown to be competitive by beating every side on at least one occasion, but no you have to smash us every time we play. It’s a bad look for the game ;)

Jul 17, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
I think it’s Adelaide who needs to apologise. If you’d let us beat you just once, the AFL could argue that the Suns have shown to be competitive by beating every side on at least one occasion, but no you have to smash us every time we play. It’s a bad look for the game ;)

I doubt we will smash you this week. 3 goal margin.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back