List Mgmt. Dan Hannebery - 5 year deal & Pick 28 to St.Kilda for Pick 39 & 2019 2nd Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe he just wants to make a good impression?

And prove all the doubters wrong. Well, whatever the motivation it’s only positive for us.

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
And prove all the doubters wrong. Well, whatever the motivation it’s only positive for us.
We should be grateful the media hate the s**t out of us and badmouth just about anything we do as it absolutely lights the fire under people like Hannebery to stick it to em.

Dec 29, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hey everyone,

I've just heard that Hanners' hamstring issue is lingering again - despite a concerted effort to rebuild his legs over the first half of the season.

I'm sure it's a frustrating situation for the club and fellow supporters as he has the potential to be such a valuable player.

If anyones interested I'm a Physio whose passionate about trying to understand the root cause of many of the issues that we face and I've put some thoughts together about Hammies and what I've come to understand about them. I find theres a few things that either get missed or not focused on enough with Hamstrings that may be one of the main reasons they're still such a common injury, and a recurring one in Dan's case.

I did this based on Cyril's issues and used him as an example of what I find clinically.

FWIW I can see the same mechanical issues with Dan.

After a quick google, I've found some images of Dan that highlight what I'd expect to see with him if I saw him in person. Out of context these are definitely random but fit nonetheless.

This video is especially interesting when you see him sitting on his couch, standing talking about the painting above his bed and then sitting on the stool at the end.

In short, it seems the fate of many Hamstrings is decided by the state of your back - and by extension how you position it.

Hope to see him back out there again ASAP
20190710_083611.jpg
ecbc4063acdd2a009eff3783c51516a9.jpg
Dan+Hannebery+tTFO1nOZ4rCm.jpg

Nov 10, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
This video is especially interesting when you see him sitting on his couch, standing talking about the painting above his bed and then sitting on the stool at the end.

In short, it seems the fate of many Hamstrings is decided by the state of your back - and by extension how you position it.
Fair call. That couch offers no back support whatsoever.

Dan? Stop the slouch. Get a new couch!

Sep 8, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
He has to play X amount of games to activate the fifth year extension... I can't see him getting there. He will be really valuable to us off the field though.
Must be close to it slipping already by this seasons end.maybe he can be convinced to take an offfield role in his 4th season, constant rehab would be extremely demoralising. Sadly he is cooked

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
This really hurts.

Last year was disappointing but if he can’t get out there this year again that makes four on the trot making it hard for him to consistently get out there. He could of made us seriously better.

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
On the field this trade has shown to be a disaster. However I have little doubt he has helped change the culture of the club & bring in some leadership. It was good to see he isn’t on anywhere near the money we thought he was on. We can carry his 600k over the next two years. I doubt he plays the required games to trigger his fifth year.

kernelT

Can go any club
Aug 15, 2010
Chiraq
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Louis Slungpue
ELITE salary dump by the swans… shame our management couldn't see what half the posters on this board could.

He won't get anywhere near the trigger clause which was about 85% of matches… his mate lethers might trigger it anyway though.

Hopefully adding players like Hill and Hanners will build a bit of momentum to attract some more free agents, because their actual on field output vs the salary and picks we've used is looking pretty awful.

And… I'm not buying the off field leadership schtick if he can't even join the leadership group.

Who did we get for the other pick?

Not easy to work out. We moved so many around that it's hard to work out. Ended up with Bytel around that pick but that was before the Sydney pick. Possibly Kent and Parker? Moved Hickey out as well so could have been that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back